If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiroom setup

Options
  • 16-12-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi there,

I bought a house recently that has cables running to a lot of rooms from the sitting room. The sitting room has 4 points and most other rooms have 2 and also 2 outside on the patio. The cable is regular 2 or 3 core electric cable. I would like to connect up a surround sound setup and in time perhaps expand the other room so I can play music from my HTPC (xbmc). 

So what you suggest I but initially for the sitting room (amp and speakers I guess) and still have a bit of future proofing. I am not an audiophile so not prepared to spend too much! Also this is a android house (no fruit here!).

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

yfaykya wrote: »
    Hi there,

I bought a house recently that has cables running to a lot of rooms from the sitting room. The sitting room has 4 points and most other rooms have 2 and also 2 outside on the patio. The cable is regular 2 or 3 core electric cable. I would like to connect up a surround sound setup and in time perhaps expand the other room so I can play music from my HTPC (xbmc). 

So what you suggest I but initially for the sitting room (amp and speakers I guess) and still have a bit of future proofing. I am not an audiophile so not prepared to spend too much! Also this is a android house (no fruit here!).

Thanks!
    Sounds like you should have a look at the Sonos Multi Room product - excellent quality and works equally well with fruit and kit kat ;)

Have a look here:

http://www.richersounds.com/productlistmanu/all/sonos

You would need a ZP120 / Sonos Amp per room as the heart of your system and then you can select your speakers ( are the speakers in-ceiling or on-wall?) the Sonos system is great as you can either stream music from the web / internet radio/ Spotify or via your PC / MAC, phone or tablet, it can be purchased in stages as you build your system and above all it sounds good and is really easy to use,

Have a sniff around the sonos kit and if you are interested drop us a mail or a PM with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to chat you through the system,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Hi there. Its not clear how I hook up Sky Box and HTPC to this for sound in the living room? So lets say I want to do the sitting room and one other room for now. What would I need? I assume the cables are ok? They are located in the top corners of rooms (4 in the sitting room). 

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

If your SKY box or HTPC has a digital output only then you may need a little adaptor to convert from digital output to analogue as the Sonos amplifiers have an analogue input.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/other-tv-accessories/cyp/aud3-192/cyp-aud3-192

The connect amplifier can run up to 4 speakers, depending on the impedance. Do you know what the speakers are that you have ?

You would essentially need 2 x Sonos connect amps, possibly a bridge unless you can wire one of these directly to the router and possibly the little converter above, depending on the TV that you have.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/multi-room-components/sonos/connect:amp/sono-zp120uk

2 of these amps with the bridge would work out at £852.84 and we could sharpen that to £810 including delivery.

Let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.