Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Drink Deals - Kilkenny City

Options
  • 16-12-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Please report any deals you find here.

Thanks. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I got a raw deal in the Left Bank. Is that what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

emeldc wrote: »
    I got a raw deal in the Left Bank. Is that what you mean.

Oh dear. How did that happen? Over charged?

Really mean the deals in super markets etc for the Christmas booze bulk buys. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

kleefarr wrote: »
    Oh dear. How did that happen? Over charged?

Really mean the deals in super markets etc for the Christmas booze bulk buys. ;)

Yep, short changed. I couldn't believe the amount of people I said it to that said it happened to them as well. But maybe this is for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

emeldc wrote: »
    Yep, short changed. I couldn't believe the amount of people I said it to that said it happened to them as well. But maybe this is for another day.

I think a pint of heinken is 5:20/5:40....madness but sure they can afford to charge it let them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Pints are €5.40 and bottles €5.

You'd presume you were short changed with those prices alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

If anyone at all can spot a bottle of bacardi 151 anywhere can ye let me know? Just went through my last bottle that I had a friend bring from scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nialloo24

Try the wine centre on john street for the Bacardi 151 ��

Nialloo24 wrote: »
    Try the wine centre on john street for the Bacardi 151 ��

Is it there or are you just suggesting there? I've yet to find a shop in eire that stocks it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Arawn wrote: »
    If anyone at all can spot a bottle of bacardi 151 anywhere can ye let me know? Just went through my last bottle that I had a friend bring from scotland

I think 151 is 70% and thus illegal here.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I think 151 is 70% and thus illegal here.

75.5 and not illegal, nor is poiteen for that matter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

75.5 and not illegal, nor is poiteen for that matter

You're right, I went searching there, I couldn't find anything from the Intoxicating liquor act or another reputable source (only here on boards but that doesn't count).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

151 is not illegal to have in Ireland but it is illegal for anywhere to sell it as it's too high of a percentage. You can of course have it brought in by some one but not a pub or off licence.

I worked in the on/off trade for 12 yrs iv asked many times for 151 but I was always told no by the reps(they ain't allowed distribute it) for the reason iv said.

Does that include Irish internet companies because I know one will but shipping is well expensive on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

obezyana wrote: »
    151 is not illegal to have in Ireland but it is illegal for anywhere to sell it as it's too high of a percentage. You can of course have it brought in by some one but not a pub or off licence.

I worked in the on/off trade for 12 yrs iv asked many times for 151 but I was always told no by the reps(they ain't allowed distribute it) for the reason iv said.

Are you sure that is still true? I know the celtic whiskey shop on Dawson st in Dublin sells 90% (legal) poitin and a few other high % spirits. My father was given a gift of it approx 6/7 years ago.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Are you sure that is still true? I know the celtic whiskey shop on Dawson st in Dublin sells 90% (legal) poitin and a few other high % spirits. My father was given a gift of it approx 6/7 years ago.

It was the last time i asked altho that was 2yrs ago as i brought some back from New York since then.

obezyana wrote: »
    It was the last time i asked altho that was 2yrs ago as i brought some back from New York since then.

You can legally walk into a store and buy 90% poiteen as seen here
    http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Knockeen_Hills_Extra_Strength_Poteen-z-product-product-218-context-distillery-page-1.htm

Iv never said ya couldn't I just said from myself asking for 151 I was told that it could not be sold or distributed in Ireland via an off licence or pub and that was a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I was so excited to see all the new posts, only to discover non of them were about any good drinks deals in the shops. :(

Advertisement