Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Can use our teamspeak chaps. Address: Gaellords.com You can set up your own channel etc

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

If you guys are still playing i will be on in about a hour my steam name is "chewythefirst666" i have a teamspeak server we could use as, it is "gimmegaming.ie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Can use our teamspeak chaps. Address: Gaellords.com You can set up your own channel etc

Cheers was on there earlier seemed a good bunch of lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Is there a specific server everyone is on?
    Should be on within the hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Is there a specific server everyone is on?
    Should be on within the hour

add me timmyctc1 we're on the gaellords teamspeak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't find a server under 100 ping :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Where are the hot spots now that the spawns changed?

Is it still Balota?

Holsten wrote: »
    Where are the hot spots now that the spawns changed?

Is it still Balota?

Yeah, you still get the mass suicide graves in places like Solnichney. Balota is a deathtrap too tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

North East Airfield has become a decent sniping spot now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Does the Red Dot Scope attachment require adjusting or zeroing at all?

I was in a firefight yesterday and all my shots were shooting way to low at close range. I was aiming at some guy and all my shots kept hitting the ground even though I had the red dot scope pointed as his head. It felt like a very unreliable attachment this time around compared to normal DayZ/Arma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Does the Red Dot Scope attachment require adjusting or zeroing at all?

Zeroing can be done using pgup and pgdown, it will show on screen the range zeroed

I think FOV is causing an issue with weapons, if in combat use the default FOV its around 33%
    You can use numpad - and + to set fov(aswell as the config menu), double tap should set it but it dosen't always work.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Hey all,

Me and my buddy pulled off an opportunistic robbery amidst some mayhem - have a goo and see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccOeYXq39A

PS: My rig isn't half bad, but in order to run DayZ StandAlone, I have to bring the beauty down a little

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Balota........

TheFairy wrote: »
    Balota........

A blessing on empty server. Curse on populated server.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Yup, I just walked of the roof of one of the high rises by mistake. Lol. Was fully kitted an all. Ah well, time to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I've done my best to stay away from the major cities, not much luck finding decent loot that way though. Was in either Cherno or Electro earlier had a gun and some 'friendly' dude knocked me out. :(

Mic/headset is arriving next week sometime, can't wait to play with it.

I've done my best to stay away from the major cities, not much luck finding decent loot that way though. Was in either Cherno or Electro earlier had a gun and some 'friendly' dude knocked me out. :(

Mic/headset is arriving next week sometime, can't wait to play with it.

Yeah, that way you can shout "Friendly!" repeatedly while someone hacks you to death with a fireaxe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Got reset earlier on after just getting a perfect long range scope. Now just started up again, by luck got the north spawn, NWAF empty so all the loot to me, then after I try go down a ladder I jump 20ft over it and it's a long way down.. "Dead".

Ughhhhhhhh! So addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Yeah, that way you can shout "Friendly!" repeatedly while someone hacks you to death with a fireaxe :pac:

It was the first time I found a gun in the SA, only had it about 5 minutes. :(

I'm mostly looking forward to bullying people without weapons. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Flippin hell, there's nothing like searching through NW Airfield on your own for building up the old tension! Saw some lad on the rough of the control tower when I was in the hangars, aimed me rifle and he ran like hell, good enough for me.

Now I finally have two loaded guns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Stary Sobor and Novy Sobor are worth trying for getting set up. Bit of a trek, but easier to get to than you'd imagine, once you fill up with water on the way. Good chance of geting a Mosin, so I hear. Worked for me once, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Holsten wrote: »
    Got reset earlier on after just getting a perfect long range scope. Now just started up again, by luck got the north spawn, NWAF empty so all the loot to me, then after I try go down a ladder I jump 20ft over it and it's a long way down.. "Dead".

Ughhhhhhhh! So addictive!

Make sure to join a server that is running the same version as your DayZ. Some of them seem to have not updated to the latest version and can cause you to lose your gear and respawn on the coast if you do join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Was in Elektro today, 2 bandits gunning down anyone who moved in there sights (mostly noobs with nothing). They got me in the back of the head. Figured out where they were held up, made my way back to Elektro, found an axe and waited in lie at the bottom of the stairs. :D:D:D

Got 1 of them coming down the stairs. Sweet vengeance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Sorry for thursday night, went to eat and never came back. Still haven't found a gun or even a water bottle (though did manage to eat and drink my fill), going in now for some more scavenging. It really is addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Fresh post for our server.

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png
    • Loads of extra lootable buildings
    • Anti Hack
    • Over 300 Vehicles
    • Sell Price increased for those less desirable cars.

Torrent Manual Client Install: Arma2 DayZ: Epoch 1.0.3.1 Client Files or Install Arma2 DayZ: Epoch with DayZ Commander

if you go with the manual install just download and extract to your arma 2 OA folder launch game and activate mod in expansions

Why play epoch we SA is out?
    - vehicles
    - base building
    - lot of weapons.
    - less bugs :D
    - anti combat logging.

until some of that is implemented in SA then i'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Was in Elektro today, 2 bandits gunning down anyone who moved in there sights (mostly noobs with nothing). They got me in the back of the head. Figured out where they were held up, made my way back to Elektro, found an axe and waited in lie at the bottom of the stairs. :D:D:D

Got 1 of them coming down the stairs. Sweet vengeance.

That's class man, what happened did you die or did the other log?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

A fooking dodgy rotten kiwi got me.A fooking kiwi.

I cant believe I died because of a kiwi.

It was "fresh" when I looked at it but when I ate it it came up as "you have eaten a rotten kiwi"

Do you think I could find charcoal tablets anywhere??Not a chance in hell.
    Yet the other night I found 4 packs of the damn things.

This game!!!But its so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Had just found a fireaxe. Loads of food and drinks, splints, rags. Even some ammo and a gun holster. I get the yellow decon warning but had't seen anyone in ages so thought, no worries.

In a house and suddenly I hear someone behind me, I turn around and they waving an axe at me. After a quick axe on axe fight my opponent is down, I try to stench my bleeding with a rag but fall unconscious and die. ARGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Hey all,

Me and my buddy pulled off an opportunistic robbery amidst some mayhem - have a goo and see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccOeYXq39A

PS: My rig isn't half bad, but in order to run DayZ StandAlone, I have to bring the beauty down a little

Ye rotten backstards :P :pac:

(can I ask what you used to record it?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just wait till the Dayz police force gets going. All theses thieving bastards and KOS feckers will be no more :p:p

Found this over on TiGs forums.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ub6vt/playstyle_the_police_of_chernarus_needs_you/

Advertisement