Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just found a "fresh" kiwi, I put it in my bag and was about to eat it then thought I'd better recheck it. Turns out to be rotten afterall. Thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 The Gr Experience

Hey guys, if someone wants to play in coop, you can send me a private message, i will give you my Steam id.

I'm French, my english is bad, so it will be even more challenging to survive !

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Anyone Dayz at moment, tired of lone wolfin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

sarumite wrote: »
    Ye rotten backstards :P :pac:

(can I ask what you used to record it?)

DxTory. Find it alot better than FRAPS and generally alot more features in DxTory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone on Gaellords tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Krieg wrote: »

that was creepy dude.... but at the same time i was like is it fake???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

All of my friends got it so I, like a little sheep, went with it too. I did gave it a go as an arma mod, but I am really really not a fan of arma engine.
    I know its The same engine, but they did some really magic to it in DayZ. Looks and plays a lot smoother even as alpha.
    I was just wondering. How does the performance for everyone. For me, by the looks of it, putting up or down eye candy does very minimal performance difference. any good performance guides for dayz out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

All of my friends got it so I, like a little sheep, went with it too. I did gave it a go as an arma mod, but I am really really not a fan of arma engine.
    I know its The same engine, but they did some really magic to it in DayZ. Looks and plays a lot smoother even as alpha.
    I was just wondering. How does the performance for everyone. For me, by the looks of it, putting up or down eye candy does very minimal performance difference. any good performance guides for dayz out there?

I just set up my video options the way this guy says to and it runs MUCH better. Skip to about 1:20

• Advertisement

I did a how to for improving your fps

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

The Irish Guard have a server up and running now out of Multiplay :

212.38.163.77:2602 Multiplay :: The Irish Guard [TiG]

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Hey all,

Me and my buddy pulled off an opportunistic robbery amidst some mayhem - have a goo and see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccOeYXq39A

PS: My rig isn't half bad, but in order to run DayZ StandAlone, I have to bring the beauty down a little

Thanks for clicking through lads, seeing a lot of Irish hits :cool:
    Stary Sobor and Novy Sobor are worth trying for getting set up. Bit of a trek, but easier to get to than you'd imagine, once you fill up with water on the way. Good chance of geting a Mosin, so I hear. Worked for me once, too.

Yep, dangerous places but good stuff to be found there - that's if you make it there!
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    A fooking dodgy rotten kiwi got me.A fooking kiwi.

I cant believe I died because of a kiwi.

It was "fresh" when I looked at it but when I ate it it came up as "you have eaten a rotten kiwi"

Do you think I could find charcoal tablets anywhere??Not a chance in hell.
    Yet the other night I found 4 packs of the damn things.

This game!!!But its so addictive.

Kiwi got you? I walked through a door and died - had plenty of good stuff including food, drink, weapons and medical supplies - and an open door killed me...
    sarumite wrote: »
    Ye rotten backstards :P :pac:

(can I ask what you used to record it?)
    DXtory :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Thanks for clicking through lads, seeing a lot of Irish hits :cool:

Yep, dangerous places but good stuff to be found there - that's if you make it there!

Kiwi got you? I walked through a door and died - had plenty of good stuff including food, drink, weapons and medical supplies - and an open door killed me...

DXtory :P

Ha, he ended up with a moisin at the very least, and some hangars to search, he got away very lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ha, he ended up with a moisin at the very least, and some hangars to search, he got away very lucky!!

He was a good chap for complying. I don't know how he didn't hear us though considering I was beating some chap (the guy he presumably shot!) and was speaking in-game right outside the door!

He was a good chap for complying. I don't know how he didn't hear us though considering I was beating some chap (the guy he presumably shot!) and was speaking in-game right outside the door!

You sounded so happy to be beating the crap out of him too, good video, love the game for moments like that.

You sounded so happy to be beating the crap out of him too, good video, love the game for moments like that.

Glad you like it. He did sound awfully happy clobbering the dude alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Had some guy following me last night so headed in to a building to see what he would do. He started to just aim his gun sights down the only entrance of my building. I had no gear except my baseball bat. So just legged it out and murdered him with the baseball bat. Felt good especially when I got to take his gear which was fairly decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I did a how to for improving your fps

Cheers man.I followed your instructions and am getting great fps now.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Had some guy following me last night so headed in to a building to see what he would do. He started to just aim his gun sights down the only entrance of my building. I had no gear except my baseball bat. So just legged it out and murdered him with the baseball bat. Felt good especially when I got to take his gear which was fairly decent.

Assuming he wasn't offering any communication; you're too right.
    Silence = Violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

That's class man, what happened did you die or did the other log?
    It was actually a bit surreal. There was a bloke in a yellow raincoat with nothing else (or so it seemed) hanging around the town. The guys were chatting with him to loot the dead bodies, taking pot shots at him.

He made his way to were they were and continued to chat to them. When i was waiting down the stairs, i hear a load for shots being fired and said raincoat man running down the stairs bleeding, the bandit followed to finish him and that's where i axed him.

Turned out..the raincoat guy had a pistol and shoots me!

Zombies have more brains honestly...

Well, played 5 hours so far and I could not find a single gun. Even got to airfield up the north and server jumped few times and all I got is just a few shotgun bullets. Then I magicaly died by walking down the stairs....

The only guns I sow were pointed at me. Once I got shot by 2 Russian assholes and then another 3 people group saved my ass from zombie and let me live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is hacking still as much of an issue as it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Is hacking still as much of an issue as it was?

Apparently security and general anti-hacking things are one of the main focuses for development this month.

Haven't seen any hacking myself, but people are getting banned, Valve Anti-Cheat is in place, and BattleEye is on a lot of servers.

Combat logging is probably the most annoying thing I've seen in that context. That said, according to Dean Hall himself, that'll stop working for people soon.
    most important to me for doing ASAP is implementing the server queuing system to solve combat-logging and loot farming. It's pretty close to done, but it's not going to be until I'm back in CZ which is mid January.

Cheers man.I followed your instructions and am getting great fps now.

Glad it worked for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Was shooting some zombies around Three Valleys today when a few shots ring over my head. I park myself just inside a little depression and explain to my attackers over direct chat that I am not shooting at them. A few more badly placed shots ring over my head. I explain again I don't really have any grief with you guys just leave me alone.... more shots. I decide enough is enough and make a tactical retreat back a few building to the 1st floor of a metal shed. A few moments later two players emerge from the trees, one fully kitted m4 and I believe the other is unarmed. I blap the m4 guy and then the unarmed guy, I go about reload my mags and waiting..... two new spawns come sprinting towards the tree where the downed m4 guy is, blap blap blap down they go. This time I go over to the body loot the only 60 round pristine mag and hide the body, ex-filtrating up the hill and towards electro, sadly my net is not doing well with the weather at the moment so I am disconnected and decide a break is needed. More DayZ later tonight or tomorrow though!

Damn, how do you manage to find weapons at all. :(

You may be getting unluck, make sure you check Firestations and Barracks, and I have on occasion found a moisin in shed type areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

(Finally died in Elektro!)

So yeah if you want weapons just make the trek north. There are 2 Military bases, 2 airfields and 1 town (with police station) not on the coast that will supply you with plenty of gear. The ideal place to go is still the North West Airfield (NWAF). There you have a Barracks and Police Station (Fake ATC) in the south, 6 hangers + firestation + ATC and Police Station in the middle, Barracks, 2 Hangars and a Police station in the north and then north of the runway another 12 medical tents with more military gear and following the road north behind that another police station.

The NWAF is actually quieter than it was in the mod, hot spots are those military bases due to server hoppers and people camping server hoppers. If you haven't looked at it check out - http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus
    NOTE: It references all loot spawns but not all of these are activated. Know the buildings that drop loot/don't drop loot.

Before any of this though you need to get the essentials, find a well and drink from it 30 times from your initial spawn this will keep you good on water for at least 30 minutes at a sprint. Grab a backpack any size will do and find food and something to open the food. If you can find t-shirts or a medic bag you'll need badges and get some for of weapon (crowbars are your best friend if you can't find an axe and can kill a zombie in 10 hits but make sure you circle the zombie so they can't hit you).

EDIT: If you are up for a few games at the weekend add me on Steam "R0ot" and we can run about and I'll get you geared up*

*Disclaimer - I cannot guarantee your safety, nor will I be responsible for your fate.

• Advertisement

Scrounge, and aim for firestations, barracks and other high profile buildings. If you need more help, refer to this: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Advertisement