Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

TheFairy wrote: »
    The Irish Guard have a server up and running now out of Multiplay :

212.38.163.77:2602 Multiplay :: The Irish Guard [TiG]

myself and two of my friends where on tonight running up the east coast, starting from electro and heading up to the north east airport. met a English guy in electro before we left and gave him ammo and told him where there was a gun in the town for it. some times it is better to be friendly than to KOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

So i've been lone wolfing it to date. Got a can opener, canteen, melee weapons (plenty of ammo as well, go figure) and plenty of food. Come across a petrol station and explore it before being confronted by 3 lads with hunting rifles and m4's (I think?)and they start talking to me in some language I don't understand waving their weapons about.

I eventually get the jist of it and adopt the "surrender" position. They then handcuff me, rob me of all food and drain me of blood before backing away. Was very surreal and I loved every second of it :D

BKtje wrote: »
    So i've been lone wolfing it to date. Got a can opener, canteen, melee weapons (plenty of ammo as well, go figure) and plenty of food. Come across a petrol station and explore it before being confronted by 3 lads with hunting rifles and m4's (I think?)and they start talking to me in some language I don't understand waving their weapons about.

I eventually get the jist of it and adopt the "surrender" position. They then handcuff me, rob me of all food and drain me of blood before backing away. Was very surreal and I loved every second of it :D

there was three of us on last night and came across a guy and tried to handcuff him and rob him but if failed so instead when it failed we gave him the set of handcuffs and sent him on his way. hopefully he had better luck with them than we did.

we also helped one guy out with stuff, but dont think we are push overs as well cos we racked up a respectable 12 kills from just two of us from the night. none of us died as well wich was a good thing :)

i came close at one point when i climbed the fire staion ladder and came face to face with a guy and his fire axe.... i keep forgeting that if you had your gun out before you climb the ladder that you have to pull it back out again once you get to the top, so instead of shooting him i started punching him #facepalm

he knocked me out but my friend shot him and revived me :D

Im loving some of the stories that people live. Just found my first gun, a magnm. I am pleased :)

Im loving some of the stories that people live. Just found my first gun, a magnm. I am pleased :)

the best place i have found for guns is the north west airfeild, in there i have got a good loot of guns and a crap load of ammo. and just before you get there there is a army barricks witha good bit to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi which server /servers do you guy use at the mo ?
    I,v used the [Tig] one but didn't find any Irish folke

Havok_Irl

Found the magnum and a 35 slotter at the NE airfield. Heading towards the NW one at the moment.

No idea what server I'm on, some random UK one I think.

Edit: Just arrived in Guba, ran the wrong way. D'Oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

R0ot wrote: »
    (Finally died in Elektro!)

So yeah if you want weapons just make the trek north. There are 2 Military bases, 2 airfields and 1 town (with police station) not on the coast that will supply you with plenty of gear. The ideal place to go is still the North West Airfield (NWAF). There you have a Barracks and Police Station (Fake ATC) in the south, 6 hangers + firestation + ATC and Police Station in the middle, Barracks, 2 Hangars and a Police station in the north and then north of the runway another 12 medical tents with more military gear and following the road north behind that another police station.

The NWAF is actually quieter than it was in the mod, hot spots are those military bases due to server hoppers and people camping server hoppers. If you haven't looked at it check out - http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus
    NOTE: It references all loot spawns but not all of these are activated. Know the buildings that drop loot/don't drop loot.

Before any of this though you need to get the essentials, find a well and drink from it 30 times from your initial spawn this will keep you good on water for at least 30 minutes at a sprint. Grab a backpack any size will do and find food and something to open the food. If you can find t-shirts or a medic bag you'll need badges and get some for of weapon (crowbars are your best friend if you can't find an axe and can kill a zombie in 10 hits but make sure you circle the zombie so they can't hit you).

EDIT: If you are up for a few games at the weekend add me on Steam "R0ot" and we can run about and I'll get you geared up*

*Disclaimer - I cannot guarantee your safety, nor will I be responsible for your fate.

I added you there. Ill catch you online at some stage bebz. (PS if youre from Donegal that would totally help in the understanding one another, No body understands a nordie :( )

J-W wrote: »
    Hi which server /servers do you guy use at the mo ?
    I,v used the [Tig] one but didn't find any Irish folke

We normally use random servers, ones with good ping but last night we said we wanted to lock ourselfs down to one server like we did with the mod. That way you get to know the people that play in it and hopefully like the mod it can be one from here on boards.

So we are going to start using "the Irish guard" server all the time now.

If you guys are on it and see the names
    "Chewythefirst"
    "Hellrazer666"
    "Deceitfulone"
    That is us :)

I'll stay on [Tig] my in game name was auto set as "ccontracts" ( start of my email ) is there a way to change that.
    If ya see me on friend me . No mic at the mo but I can still follow ye around like your slow awkward friend that your mom makes ya play with.

Havok_Irl

• Advertisement

I'll stay on [Tig] my in game name was auto set as "ccontracts" ( start of my email ) is there a way to change that.
    If ya see me on friend me . No mic at the mo but I can still follow ye around like your slow awkward friend that your mom makes ya play with.

Yea sure thing man, you can be our big bag, Carrie our extra food, water and ammo. :)

Only messing man.

Jumping on [TiG] now, names BKtje. Try not to kill me :(

That's funny my wife calls me big bag

Havok_Irl

I wont be on till 2night working till 20:00

Havok_Irl

I wont be on till 2night working till 20:00

Yea I won't be on till late as well, helping a friend put in some water cooling fittings tonight. But I will be on after around 10 till late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I added you there. Ill catch you online at some stage bebz. (PS if youre from Donegal that would totally help in the understanding one another, No body understands a nordie :( )

Jesus Conor is that you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lot of people killing themselves over the spawns.

fzpJqS0.jpg

uguES3k.jpg

:(:(

fzpJqS0.jpg

you know what i see here...... a lot of rags :) have your fill my man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

fzpJqS0.jpg[IMG][/img]uguES3k.jpg[IMG]:(:([/img]

Tragedy, seeing as it's a 5 min run to the NE Airfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Kids these days, they don't want to work for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How about a "dayz standalone" player name thread??

Cripes, spawned in Berizino. Helped a guy out with some assisted suicide. Ran to polana and stocked up then made my way to the NWAF. Arrive and get most of the gear I need in the southern barracks area/ATC tower. Head for the northern tents and spot a dead body, loot said body (should really have wondered why there was still 60 clip mags on the corpse) then I see someone typing in direct chat... oh ****.... I move round the back of the police station and *bam* one shot I'm unconscious and back to the coast I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got my way up to the North east Airport with some good supplies to kep me alive. I found some handgun XMP45 or simillar name. I cant get discription of it as its all blanked out. I dont have ammo but I am running with it. they dont know I got no ammo lol. Makes Peasants think twice before running at me ( those who are already with guns most likelywill shoot me anyway ).
    So got in to Airstrip, checked all Houses and only got some more Supplies. A fresh body was in the Radio tower. Got a Pristine fire axe and decided not too stick around. Logged off in near by village. Later on will try looking at that Airstrip for more loot. Hopefully this time I will get some Ammo.

WTF! I was fully loaded up, m4, 2x60 clip mags (empty but still had em). Food, water, han guns, med kits the lot. I log out in the middle of nowhere, log back in 2 hours later on the same server and at first it's just a black screen with noise in the background so I exit and log in again and I'm back at the coast with nothing.

THATS BLOODY FRUSTRATING!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

WTF! I was fully loaded up, m4, 2x60 clip mags (empty but still had em). Food, water, han guns, med kits the lot. I log out in the middle of nowhere, log back in 2 hours later on the same server and at first it's just a black screen with noise in the background so I exit and log in again and I'm back at the coast with nothing.

Alpha m8. Deal with it! :pac:

Usually happens when you connect to a server with an older hive/game version.

Yeah I know it's Alpha but still frustrating :p

It was the same server, the TiG server :(

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

This sometimes happens if Steam doesnt verify you I think. Just log to another server and it should be ok, then log back to the TiG one.

Aha cheers, will try that next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

E8150EEDDF872530767CD5E1672361EFA194EEA9

I just love this game, cant wait for the updates!

73B2B13E8AC5513AD3763A39663D22F8BEE877E4

DF7EAC3296533848991B06D47028CBEEE1419345

You have drink?...

Advertisement