Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah I was on the hill to the north. I knew I wouldn't be able to hit you, I had no idea how far away I was in order to zero the rifle. Just thought I'd give you a scare and see how you'd react. I'm generally a friendly player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Decided to try out shadow play and see how it is.My editing skills leave a lot to be desired. Also shadow play doesn't seem to record voice which was probably a good thing for this clip as there was quite a lot of cursing and swearing

No idea how the second guy didn't kill me,didn't get hit by a single bullet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

You go lucky there! Good stuff 3 bandits dead haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone finding the mouse controls very awkward? My vertical sens is much higher then my horizontal even though both sensitivity bars are set the same and when I change one they both seem to change.

Also I can't turn mouse acceleration off. Any idea's?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone finding the mouse controls very awkward? My vertical sens is much higher then my horizontal even though both sensitivity bars are set the same and when I change one they both seem to change.

Also I can't turn mouse acceleration off. Any idea's?

Stick this into your dayz other profiles / your name.

Should disable mouse acceleration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Anyone planning to be on tonight? The more kit I have the more nervous I am about going around alone, haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

BKtje wrote: »
    Anyone planning to be on tonight? The more kit I have the more nervous I am about going around alone, haha ;)
    The fun is running around almost naked naked like a noob with a hoodie and packing a pistol or magnum in it :D

And yes, no pants allowed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Finally got around to giving the SA a decent go tonight. Geared up for the first time, and got myself to the NWAF. Got myself a few kills, and managed to get to the barracks and loot that before logging off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2 souls ( sneaky ) lost their lifes in military camp tent next to airfield today. On the bright side I got now m4 with camo handguard, ACOG and silence. My friend got an M4 too.

To quote one of my favourite movies:

"Better you then me"

Animal Mother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I finally got a gun, decent gear , lots of food, water, medical supplies. But now I'm too scared of getting shot ! I have been living in the woods for three days .

I wish you could have more characters, I was playing with a friend and both logged out to play again another time, but now I cant log in without him. If you had an alt character it would be more fun but on the other hand less of a risk when it comes to loosing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I finally got a gun, decent gear , lots of food, water, medical supplies. But now I'm too scared of getting shot ! I have been living in the woods for three days .

I wish you could have more characters, I was playing with a friend and both logged out to play again another time, but now I cant log in without him. If you had an alt character it would be more fun but on the other hand less of a risk when it comes to loosing everything.

Nah, I think having one character is a perfect way to go. you value your stuff. I do admit, I stress out myself going in now with my equipment, but that is the charm of the game. I have not had my heart racing so much as when you meet someone else in game.
    If there would be different characters I bet you would just jump between them and just play a hoarding game until you got 10 characters with full kit...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Rule #1 of DayZ
    Do not get attached to your gear. You will lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Anyone else getting a glitch where they rubber-band massively, about a minute of difference, and then everything freezes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Rule #1 of DayZ
    Do not get attached to your gear. You will lose it.

But I got fancy Aviator sunglasses and a can opener !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yup, I know it's hard. You have this nice n shiny M4 with all the gear on it, go on a little looting mission of one of the smaller towns BANG DEAD!!! Don't get attached :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

I'd love to know the damage reduction that some of the clothing gives, I know the balistic helm can withstand
    a headshot from the mosin but not the magnum which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Any one around the mid west side ?
    West of military base ,I'm on now

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Anyone playin tonight?

Is there an Irish server? Or prefered server?

• Advertisement

I plan to jump on a little later for a while.

A lot of us play on the Irish Guard Server. [TiG]
    212.38.163.77:2602

Im gonna hop on myself in 20, but gettin tired of lone wolfin

is that standalone server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I plan to jump on a little later for a while.

A lot of us play on the Irish Guard Server. [TiG]
    212.38.163.77:2602

Let me know what time you go on pleasse :D I'm near balota. Ill hopefully be on later .

Cant find it on server list

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

i am grabbing a bit to eat now and putting the baby down so i will be on about 10-10.30 and i will jump on the gaellords teamspeak for a chat, lets see how many we can get on.

got it going in now

Ill jump on about the same time as chewy, just need to make food.

Ill jump on about the same time as chewy, just need to make food.

I use my roomates Pc so when its free I'll be on. Hopefully by 10.30

• Advertisement

R0ot wrote: »
    Jesus Conor is that you.

Whos this? :p

Advertisement