Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MobyDick

Had about a 3 day old fella geared up with with loads of food and drink, medical supplies, 2 axes but no guns. Thought i'd try out the TiG server, was at the NW for the first time, popped out of a hanger and saw another player, just about to press F1 to wave and bam, shot.

Only upside is the second item I found when I respawned was a can opener, which I didn't even see in the last 9 hours of play time.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

I do feel bad for logging off to avoid dying, but it was due to the terrible game mechanics. I was wandering along minding my own business still alive after over a week playing. I had a Mosin with bullets, then out of nowhere this lunatic starts blasting at me with an automatic rifle, hits me at least once and blood starts spurting I return Fire. Aim first shot direct hit? no nothing happens to him?? Go for shot two, no bullet in the gun. Reload? no the reload button doesn't work.

The only option is to go into my inventory try load bullets and chamber a bullet then wait the 1 min or so for the character to actually load the gun then pray it fires. Or run around the corner and log off.

For shame I didn't stand up to the fight, my inventory managing skills are no match for an M4 with a full clip so I logged off :(.

you need to log into a server right now and let some one or somthing kill you.

Bad form man, bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

karma got me ....back to the start ...ugh I'm thirsty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

d0gb0y wrote: »
    It sounds like that group was headed east to spawncamp

They were going up to sniper hill apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Timmyctc wrote: »
    They were going up to sniper hill apparently?

I think its safe to assume they where not out for a sunday stroll up Dubry to take in the sights of elecktro;)

• Advertisement

I think its safe to assume they where not out for a sunday stroll up Dubry to take in the sights of elecktro;)

Yeah apparently they were headed up there to have the eagles eye on Elektro, especially the two fire stations. Then just snipe anything and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Came across 2 overly-pushy guys yesterday fully geared.

Me and my mate were out to have some fun so no pants and raincoats was the order of the day packed with a pistol. Were had ran all the way to balota from Elektro with a heads held high in the air.

Got to the east side of the air field and went straight in running around like nooberts (or to look like a pair). Found these guys outside the easterly prison, one in front of me across the shed and the other behind me. Gave them the usual ''friendly friendly hi guys'' routine. ''STOP STOP. GET ON THE GROUND. I WILL KILL YOU''.''TELL YOUR FRIEND TO STOP MOVING NOW!''. He was lagging at the time and before i could say anything they shot him dead.

In their haste (and prob confusion of my mate running around like a headless chicken), they had both moved to the far side of the shed, giving me an opportunity to duck in behind it and take out my pistol. Cross-hair up i sat waiting just inside the shed for one of them to come around. They prob thought i was a fresh noob or something but one just walked straight over to the door and i shot him dead. All his end game gear worth nout! :P

I did a few frantic laps of the shed to try scope out where the other guy was (and not be and easy target). No sign. I headed to the shed, closed the doors and waited. Just then i caught a glimpse of the guys backpack and axe through the wall (you know, when you back up against a wall you can glitch a bit through it.) Right i said (stupidly), time for retribution. Open the shed doors right beside where he is and charge out pistol blazing.

Obviously he knew i was coming when the doors swung open. 1 m4 clip later, Dead.

Fun fun. Although lately I've had a lot of glitching around the place and being force back to where i spawn. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Guys our server has moved to a new IP to try and get better performance from it

83.222.233.83:2502

Name etc still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

MobyDick wrote: »
    Had about a 3 day old fella geared up with with loads of food and drink, medical supplies, 2 axes but no guns. Thought i'd try out the TiG server, was at the NW for the first time, popped out of a hanger and saw another player, just about to press F1 to wave and bam, shot.

Only upside is the second item I found when I respawned was a can opener, which I didn't even see in the last 9 hours of play time.

Airfields are the number one cause of itchy trigger fingers. The only place I've KOS'd anybody so far.

TheFairy wrote: »
    83.222.233.83:2502

nothing showing with this IP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Currently in Electro fully kitted out with loads of food,water and a Mosin,Handgun, and Revolver :)

I've also got plenty of ammo incase anyone has any ideas :D

nothing showing with this IP
    1-2409617-560x95-13604-FF5519-FFFFFF.png

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Currently in Electro fully kitted out with loads of food,water and a Mosin,Handgun, and Revolver :)

I've also got plenty of ammo incase anyone has any ideas :D

Ill play if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ill play if you like?

Won't be on till later tonight.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Currently in Electro

Probably the most dangerous place on the map at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Finally getting to play, If you guys see Father Dougal McGuire running around the map, don't shoot..i'm shockingly friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MobyDick

There's no way of seeing a players name unless they type something in the chat or something, is there?

MobyDick wrote: »
    There's no way of seeing a players name unless they type something in the chat or something, is there?

There used to be nameplates in the recruit server settings for the mod, it was a carry over from arma 2.
    Best way to spot Fr Dougal, he will be running around reading the bible;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Ill be on now kiddos In elektro if anyone is around

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Finally getting to play, If you guys see Father Dougal McGuire running around the map, don't shoot..i'm shockingly friendly.

You're on now! Add me on steam and/or go on the Gaellords Teamspeak. :D

Im in the same server

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Big Knox wrote: »

I actually would not let anyone to humiliate me like that in Video game. I would just let them to shoot me, so I could respawn faster and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

You're on now! Add me on steam and/or go on the Gaellords Teamspeak. :D

Im in the same server

Sorry mate went to watch a movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I actually would not let anyone to humiliate me like that in Video game. I would just let them to shoot me, so I could respawn faster and start again.

It was funny to be fair. I'd have played along for the craic.

I was just disappointed that they both didn't stay sitting there. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened. Or both to have run in opposite directions. :P

Kirby wrote: »
    It was funny to be fair. I'd have played along for the craic.

I was just disappointed that they both didn't stay sitting there. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened. Or both to have run in opposite directions. :P

I would just take my chance with an axe in one of those bastards skull. wait out for them to be closest. If I would be on vent with other my companions I would get them to do same, we might get at least one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Is the TiG server on a 2 hour restart pattern? Bit short isn't it?

R0ot wrote: »
    Is the TiG server on a 2 hour restart pattern? Bit short isn't it?

well, it is the only way to refresh loot. 2 hours sound reasonable when you think with what you need to work.

No its actually 4 hrs R0ot, typo on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

TheFairy wrote: »
    No its actually 4 hrs R0ot, typo on my behalf.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the TiG server and threw a few bob into your Paypal there. Not expecting any special treatment in return, but if you encounter "mucksavage", that's me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the TiG server and threw a few bob into your Paypal there. Not expecting any special treatment in return, but if you encounter "mucksavage", that's me!
    Aka: WHERES THE GUNS!!?!11! :p

Advertisement