Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Just wanted to say that I appreciate the TiG server and threw a few bob into your Paypal there. Not expecting any special treatment in return, but if you encounter "mucksavage", that's me!

Very much appreicated, will add you on Steam when I get home this evening. It would be nice to build a nice community around the server, if we could get all players to know each other etc there might not be as much combat logging etc.

As soon as private hive is available we intend moving to one.

Thanks again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Aka: WHERES THE GUNS!!?!11! :p

How VERY dare you! I happen to be fully armed at the moment!...although if anyone sees a red dot sight I'm not above kickbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Thanks Mucksavage, very much appreciated. If I meet you in game you can have my beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

is steam down for everyone else????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hadn't played in a while, had a fully gear character was going down a ladder in an empty server and then... "You are dead".

A giant UGHHHHHHH! How often are the updates.. I mean they are getting insane amount of data and feedback from this Alpha, not to mention money. That should speed up the development of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Holsten wrote: »
    Hadn't played in a while, had a fully gear character was going down a ladder in an empty server and then... "You are dead".

A giant UGHHHHHHH! How often are the updates.. I mean they are getting insane amount of data and feedback from this Alpha, not to mention money. That should speed up the development of the game.

Bohemia are not some startup company with no idea what they are doing, when they say Beta in 2015, they know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Damn. I swore I would not buy this but Ive caved in after watching some more videos on youtube...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

On the irish guard Server if anyone wants to team up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nolars wrote: »
    On the irish guard Server if anyone wants to team up.

Along with myself & Nolars :D

• Advertisement

Any body able to point me in the right direction on how to access Irish Guard Server

Glebee wrote: »
    Any body able to point me in the right direction on how to access Irish Guard Server

83.222.233.83 2502 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MobyDick

Where abouts are ya's? I'm just north of cherno. Trying to avoid it at the minute

MobyDick wrote: »
    Where abouts are ya's? I'm just north of cherno. Trying to avoid it at the minute

We're in Cherno at the moment. Fairly quite in here! What's your player name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH My character was reset. -_- Gunna punch something.

DaLad wrote: »
    We're in Cherno at the moment. Fairly quite in here! What's your player name?

pbutler14

I'll be back on in a few minutes, just letting the dogs out for a slash :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

ElChe32 wrote: »
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH My character was reset. -_- Gunna punch something.

It's alpha man :P

In cherno now, wearing all green and a respirator, nobody kill me... On the TiG teamspeak now aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Some sneaky dude with a foreign accent saying hes friendly then trys to hit me with a crowbar, I turn around shoot he runs off the side of the fire station roof on the irish guard

Damn those sneeky foreigners.lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Just gave my mate a go with my character running around Cherno, shooting zombies with the M4. Guess how long that lasted! He enjoyed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Just on TIG now, steam name buckfastman.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Alright lads, just a quick question, I want to get into DayZ, should I get Arma2 and arrowhead and then DayZ mod, (I might like to try Arma 2 itself?) or just go for DayZ and stick to it?

Arma combo and mod are €20 and DayZ is €24 so there's feck all in the difference.

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Glebee wrote: »
    Damn those sneeky foreigners.lol

Just to clear this up - It was not me! I was not on DayZ for few days too! :p

I usually just shoot on sight now, unless I sneak on them behind. Tired of getting shot by everyone, before I even able to finish word "friendly". :)

The Red wrote: »
    Alright lads, just a quick question, I want to get into DayZ, should I get Arma2 and arrowhead and then DayZ mod, (I might like to try Arma 2 itself?) or just go for DayZ and stick to it?

Arma combo and mod are €20 and DayZ is €24 so there's feck all in the difference.

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

In a long run DayZ standalone is better deal. Currently Mod is sort of better as it has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more feutures in it. As of pure personal opinion - DayZ standalone is a lot better just for its fluedity and inventory system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

Both have their issues, neither work particularly well but the difference is the stand alone will be worked on and improved, the Mod will have limited support so will not get much better.

I would go with the stand alone. It is also great if you like hats there are F'ing thousands of beanie hats everywhere especially when you want food or water.

The lower zombie numbers makes it much more enjoyable to start with but less enjoyable once you gear up. The only thing to fear now once you get an Axe is other players shooting you.

DayZ in a nut shell.

19cgbdmmdsxtspng.png

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

arma2 alone is worth the money, if you like it, its a pity you didn't take advantage of the steam sale as it was cheap.
    Dayz SA is good but the mod is more finished and DayzEpoch is an amazing mod.
    My advice would be to get arma2 and play it and then dayz mod while waiting for Dayz SA to get more content and polish, the price of the SA will remain static for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=armaii

arma 2 3.37 here.

usually codes for discounts on that site in the bargain alerts thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Is there an irish boards steam community group?

Would be easiar(and less stalkerish) than using invites :)

Advertisement