Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MobyDick

d0gb0y wrote: »
    Is there an irish boards steam community group?

Would be easiar(and less stalkerish) than using invites :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boards_ie This?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

I was thinking of a dayz specific one

I was thinking of a dayz specific one

Found this - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boardsie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

The Red wrote: »
    Alright lads, just a quick question, I want to get into DayZ, should I get Arma2 and arrowhead and then DayZ mod, (I might like to try Arma 2 itself?) or just go for DayZ and stick to it?

Arma combo and mod are €20 and DayZ is €24 so there's feck all in the difference.

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

Hope you didn't pay €20 for it, check the humble weekly sale!

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Alright lads, just a quick question, I want to get into DayZ, should I get Arma2 and arrowhead and then DayZ mod, (I might like to try Arma 2 itself?) or just go for DayZ and stick to it?

Arma combo and mod are €20 and DayZ is €24 so there's feck all in the difference.

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly 6 dollars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly 6 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

what server do most people here play on, iv tried the one mentioned a few pages back, 83.222.233.83:2502, but when i try search for it nothing comes up??

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    what server do most people here play on, iv tried the one mentioned a few pages back, 83.222.233.83:2502, but when i try search for it nothing comes up??

Don't search for it. Type it into the "Remote" thing. The last box after Internet, Favourites, History etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

What d'ye think?

Sirinava.

as a couple of other people have already mentioned you can get arma 2 arrowhead and the dayz mod in the newest humble bundle as well as a few other good games for $6. so if you have €30 you could get it all my man :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly?utm_source=Humble+Weekly+Sale+Newsletter&utm_campaign=be0c8549b4-newsletter_bohemia&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a406d06e11-be0c8549b4-115131425

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Got it a few days ago and haven't got to play much.

Made it from Electro to Berezino picking up a mosin and a hatchet and some clothes while losing near all health to zombies.

Seen a guy in Bererzino shooting from the top of the construction site (just as I was about to run into it!) so waited until he came down, bad shot I got him in the legs so ran over and finished him with the axe.

Now I have the gas mask,army helmet,some shiny new boots,gloves,ammo for revolver, hunter backpack (SP?),M4 with everything bar a sight,ammo,fireman axe, epi pen,food + water galore and some other stuff.

Not bad for a few hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

kevovek wrote: »

Just saw it! Sweeeeet!!!

Sorted!

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

as a couple of other people have already mentioned you can get arma 2 arrowhead and the dayz mod in the newest humble bundle as well as a few other good games for $6. so if you have €30 you could get it all my man :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly?utm_source=Humble+Weekly+Sale+Newsletter&utm_campaign=be0c8549b4-newsletter_bohemia&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a406d06e11-be0c8549b4-115131425

The mod is free so why is it being marketed as a benefit ?

Very short lived experience in electro tonight, guy with a mosin owned two of us with M4s, was a excellent shot at less than 100 metres with us moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

anyone up for a game/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Finally got a rig capable of playing this (or any recent game) without having a ****fit. Decided to pick this up earlier after watching some youtube vids.

I've no idea what I'm doing, had a look around a few servers, found nothing and no one. Logged into the TIG server, instantly got mauled by a zombie, bled out in a corner trying to figure out how to heal.

The zombie scared the crap out of me after seeing no one for so long, the panic, the confusion. Can't wait to give it another go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

R0ot wrote: »
    Very short lived experience in electro tonight, guy with a mosin owned two of us with M4s, was a excellent shot at less than 100 metres with us moving.

Quite a few TiG around there tonight, may well have been more than one shooter....

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Saw that, thanks god I didnt get it before, just picked both up in the bundle for €7. Hell yes.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Quite a few TiG around there tonight, may well have been more than one shooter....

Was not on the TiG server for this sadly =/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This thread really reminds me of the first dayz thread when the mod first came out. People organising meet ups and stuff. Good times! I would buy this but I have very little for gamines at the moment so I'm going to wait for a while.

• Advertisement

anyone around for a game?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    anyone around for a game?

just 2 ... more.... hours.

no update for the weekend :(

Looks like an experimental update for monday with some interesting stuff

Fixed:
    Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
    Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
    Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
    Balanced stomach capacity,
    Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
    Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants
    Version number in server browser and details
    Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood
    Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
    Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
    Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
    Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.
    Magnum speedloader should be spawning now
    Number of backpacks spawning lowered
    Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.
    Number of M4A1s spawning lowered
    Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death
    Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine
    New:
    Editable character name in main menu
    Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
    Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
    DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
    Signature verification against PBOs
    Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns
    Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns
    Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns
    Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns
    Added hacksaw into the loot spawns
    Added shotgun into loot spawns
    Berry picking
    Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
    Saw-off shotgun recipe
    Opening cans with saw
    Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
    Added spraypaint can into loot spawns
    Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

I just had my first proper run around after getting this. Finally adjusted my settings to make it playable. I dont think there was really anyone on the map and even then it was intense.....just in case. Finding it hard to find a weapon though and im still confused about what items do or what i can do with them. But its fantastic, cant wait to get back on later

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I just had my first proper run around after getting this. Finally adjusted my settings to make it playable. I dont think there was really anyone on the map and even then it was intense.....just in case. Finding it hard to find a weapon though and im still confused about what items do or what i can do with them. But its fantastic, cant wait to get back on later

Normally I would be the last person to suggest teaming up, as you benefit a lot from learning to play the game alone but the game lacks content and has a steep learning curve so team up with someone ;)

no update for the weekend :(

Looks like an experimental update for monday with some interesting stuff

Fixed:
    Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
    Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
    Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
    Balanced stomach capacity,
    Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
    Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants
    Version number in server browser and details
    Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood
    Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
    Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
    Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
    Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.
    Magnum speedloader should be spawning now
    Number of backpacks spawning lowered
    Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.
    Number of M4A1s spawning lowered
    Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death
    Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine
    New:
    Editable character name in main menu
    Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
    Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
    DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
    Signature verification against PBOs
    Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns
    Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns
    Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns
    Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns
    Added hacksaw into the loot spawns
    Added shotgun into loot spawns
    Berry picking
    Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
    Saw-off shotgun recipe
    Opening cans with saw
    Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
    Added spraypaint can into loot spawns
    Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)

Was just about to post you this. Looks good :D Berry picking. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

im going to shoot everyone on TIG server RIP ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

First real run around this afternoon for a couple of hours, found loads of motorbike helmets but not a single wepon bar a baseball bat. Are barns and hunter stands useless as spawn points in SA.

I was looking at a map and not paying attention and got knocked out by a zombie. Will my body still be where i died with my loot if i can find it again??

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Was just about to post you this. Looks good Berry picking. Interesting.

I hope they stick in some poisonous ones

Most interesting for me is the change of weapon stance

Disappointed to see no progress with the infected
    I was looking at a map and not paying attention and got knocked out by a zombie. Will my body still be where i died with my loot if i can find it again??

Till server restart but some times they vanish

Advertisement