Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lower spawns for the M4? I've every attachment but can't find the M4! Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places. Oh, and if anyone sees Potential Monkey running around the TiG server, i'd appreciate not getting shot/killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Glebee wrote: »
    First real run around this afternoon for a couple of hours, found loads of motorbike helmets but not a single wepon bar a baseball bat. Are barns and hunter stands useless as spawn points in SA.

Nothing spawns in deerstand as of yet, the 3 story red roof barns are not very good but the other ones have a good chance for melee weapons.
    Top floor of school buildings always have m4 or mosin but they are normally picked clean.
    Cars(check the boot and inside) are good spots to find mosin's, hangars(although risky) are probably the best place to find m4's.
    The new enterable military buildings are good for m4's and pistols.

I think all the military loot spots share the same loot table except for the military tents at balota and NWAF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

If any one is on now ill be on Gaellords team speak. We might need to make a private room or something cause the room is packed with german guys all hogging the channel with their German-ness -_- :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Noob question but when I lose blood and my screen loses colour how do I get it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Noob question but when I lose blood and my screen loses colour how do I get it back?
    You need a blood bag filled with the same blood type you are and IV start kit.

Failing that, you need a Saline Bag and an IV start kit.

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    You need a blood bag filled with the same blood type you are and IV start kit.

Failing that, you need a Saline Bag and an IV start kit.

So get used to the grey screen then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Or else keep fully hydrated & fed and you will regain blood.

"A player will naturally regenerate blood if he is kept well-energized and hydrated by eating and drinking fluids. As a result, his blood will increase as soon as the following requirements are met:

Slow Regeneration (1blood/second):
    Energy > 3500
    Water > 3000

Full Regeneration (3blood/second):
    Energy > 5000
    Water > 3500

You gain a the status effect Healthy or Healing when you have enough energy and water."

Thanks for the answers guys. Is there any way of telling when you are fully stocked with food and water or if you are close or just keep eating and drinking until you are 'healthy'?

Thanks for the answers guys. Is there any way of telling when you are fully stocked with food and water?

I'll assume it's when there's no message saying thirsty or hungry when you're in your inventory :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

You'll get messages like "I'm full, I'm stuffed, I feel much more full than normal".

If you've everything topped up and no injury you'll get the "Healthy" status.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Some guy killed four people in the fire station in elektro today on the TiG server, walked out to find him in a corner in a building nearby relocating his wares, before I got s chance to say anything one of the lads I was with had shot him for his bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

If anyone is near the Palenko military Base I just got a random "You are dead" screen in the hospital stairwell, was fully geared. Quite annoyed. BUt lots of gear there if youre about there on TiG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Timmyctc wrote: »
    If any one is on now ill be on Gaellords team speak. We might need to make a private room or something cause the room is packed with german guys all hogging the channel with their German-ness -_- :pac:

You can create your own channel, just right click the top channel & select create channel, set a password & off you go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

No you are a "Motha fker" Kill on sight frm now on :)

Nolars wrote: »
    No you are a "Motha fker" Kill on sight frm now on :)

What a **** stain

DaLad wrote: »
    What a **** stain
    Dayz in a nutshell.

I started off not shooting on sight, but now i shoot anything with a gun. If you don't, they either log or have a buddy or 2 somewhere trying to get the drop on you.

Dayz in a nutshell.

I started off not shooting on sight, but now i shoot anything with a gun. If you don't, they either log or have a buddy or 2 somewhere trying to get the drop on you.

Yeah, there's some cool people out there too tho. Just the other day, myself & Nolars were on TiG server and bumped into an Irish guy, we both said friendly and continued to have a conversation, 2 other guys showed up then that were around the area, 2 Swedish guys that were friends of his and we continued to have a sit on the ground and share our baked beans. It was a truly beautiful occasion!

Yeah, there's some cool people out there too tho. Just the other day, myself & Nolars were on TiG server and bumped into an Irish guy, we both said friendly and continued to have a conversation, 2 other guys showed up then that were around the area, 2 Swedish guys that were friends of his and we continued to have a sit on the ground and share our baked beans. It was a truly beautiful occasion!
    What a glorious picnic!

I've only killed 5 people in 40 hours, 2 of which were out and out 'shoot anything on sight' bandits.

I'm waiting for the day i can hold up a bandit, handcuff him, and force feed him some rotten fruit and leave him to die a slow death.

What a glorious picnic!

I've only killed 5 people in 40 hours, 2 of which were out and out 'shoot anything on sight' bandits.

I'm waiting for the day i can hold up a bandit, handcuff him, and force feed him some rotten fruit and leave him to die a slow death.

I haven't killed anyone yet with 25 hours played! That's set to change tho, I'm all rigged up with everything I need and a Mosin Nagant with a long range scope. Going to pick out a few people on random servers later for target practice and then maybe come up with some plan to try place someone under arrest for the craic.

FxOsQjl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Where have people been finding Mosin's? Have been to both the NE and NW airfields and no sign of one or of any M4's, just loads of Magnums! I've have the PU scope and bipod for the last few days and want to make use of them.

• Advertisement

Where have people been finding Mosin's? Have been to both the NE and NW airfields and no sign of one or of any M4's, just loads of Magnums! I've have the PU scope and bipod for the last few days and want to make use of them.

I actually was fully equipped with an M4, a crapload of gear, and about 250 rounds of ammo when I climbed up the ladder into one of them small watchtowers by the airstrip when I fell out of it and instantly died even tho it's only about 10 feet high. When I finally made it back there, my stuff was gone but there was a Mosin there in it's place. Someone had obviously found my body and swapped it out for their Mosin lol.

But you find them in residential buildings, schools, hospitals & some houses.

The high power scope for the Mosin is even harder to find again. I've only seen 2 in my 25 hours playing. Second of which I found this morning on a bed in a barracks after a long search for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Is the split test coming today? I am glad to see some movement on it again even if it is small updates like berry picking.

I got one character fully equipped now and I have no interest in fighting people so the game has kind of stalled for me now. I want more survival, hunting & stockpiling aspects.

I would love if you could take over a house or area with a few buddies to use as a base and then have to go on dangerous missions to gather supplies to bring back to your base.

Is the split test coming today? I am glad to see some movement on it again even if it is small updates like berry picking.

I got one character fully equipped now and I have no interest in fighting people so the game has kind of stalled for me now. I want more survival, hunting & stockpiling aspects.

I would love if you could take over a house or area with a few buddies to use as a base and then have to go on dangerous missions to gather supplies to bring back to your base.

Yeah I think it's for people who opt into beta updates for today tho and full release on Friday.

Along with berry picking, shotguns & some tweaks there will also be Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas) added.

Yeah I can't wait 'till you can make your own base, that will make the game a hell of a lot better! Not that it's anyway bad in my books in it's current state.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can you play on the same server with the Dayz Mod and the Dayz standalone or are they completely seperate?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Can you play on the same server with the Dayz Mod and the Dayz standalone or are they completely seperate?

Completely separate! Both servers and games!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Completely separate! Both servers and games!

Awww :( sure ill give the mod a bash and if I like it ill buy the standalone :D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Awww :( sure ill give the mod a bash and if I like it ill buy the standalone :D

For some reason I like the standalone a lot more than the MOD. Bought it last week, already have 25 hours on it.

Mosins are insanely rare.

I've only found them:
    - In cars, both the front seat and boot.
    - In the building with the piano.
    - In the red brick building.

That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Holsten wrote: »
    Mosins are insanely rare.

I've only found them:
    - In cars, both the front seat and boot.
    - In the building with the piano.
    - In the red brick building.

That's it.

Just in random cars in town's was it? May comb through some towns tonight for one!

• Advertisement

Yeah, there are loads of cars in the town north of Cherno, the one with all the high rise apartment blocks.

Advertisement