Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

How have I never thought of looking in cars before!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I cant seem to find any sort of weapons bar basemall bats..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Holsten wrote: »
    Mosins are insanely rare.

I've only found them:
    - In cars, both the front seat and boot.
    - In the building with the piano.
    - In the red brick building.

That's it.

They really aren't :/ I've found loads. Top floor of Schools, Offices, Hospitals, Red Brick buildings. Cars, Piano buildings, Military bases. Even on a rare occasion on a building site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

What is the school? What is the office? Where in the Military bases?

I've found countless M4/FX45/Magnum but I'd say I've had the Mosin about 5 times in 60 hours of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Is the update out yet???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Is the update out yet???

Dont think so no twitter update in 3 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Holsten wrote: »
    What is the school? What is the office? Where in the Military bases?

I've found countless M4/FX45/Magnum but I'd say I've had the Mosin about 5 times in 60 hours of the game.

Check in barns in villages. Iv found all my mosins in a barn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Found a Mosin in both a Piano house and one of those 2 story beige houses where the only openable doors are upstairs.

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.063.087;item=Mosin%209130

All Mosin spawn points.

Has anyone played since the update? I was on for about 10min last night and didn't move from the same spot, got rubber banded 3 times back to where I had spawnd. So I jumped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Has anyone played since the update? I was on for about 10min last night and didn't move from the same spot, got rubber banded 3 times back to where I had spawnd. So I jumped off.

Update isn't out yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Great video from Dslyecxi showing why First Person is really the best way to play this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Found a Mosin in both a Piano house and one of those 2 story beige houses where the only openable doors are upstairs.

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.063.087;item=Mosin%209130

All Mosin spawn points.

Nice one, thanks!

I'll be on the search for one later on!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Great video from Dslyecxi showing why First Person is really the best way to play this game.

that guy is strange, I know that dayz is a millatary simulator but that is taking it to exstrem. Good kill and he would have got more of them if he left his scope on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ktulu123 wrote: »

I was a bit surprised that third person view is even aloud in a game like this. In my opinion its just cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dean Hall ‏@rocket2guns 34s
    DayZ Experimental build 0.31.114500 pushing to steam now. Stable expected by 23 Jan 14. Changelog updated: http://pastebin.com/9UsD9uE0 #DayZDaily

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I was a bit surprised that third person view is even aloud in a game like this. In my opinion its just cheating.

Do feel free to be wrong. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

****ing ghosting prick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Updated to experimental mode....can only see two servers and both full ! Back to normal mode I think for a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

eIuPi7v.png

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Joe, you are the greatest marksman ever!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think its because in Dayz you only have a 90 degree field of vision but in real life its almost 180. But I guess if everyone had to use first person it would be an even playing field. It is a bit unrealistic the way you can use to look over and around stuff you shouldn't be able to see around.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think its because in Dayz you only have a 90 degree field of vision but in real life its almost 180. But I guess if everyone had to use first person it would be an even playing field. It is a bit unrealistic the way you can use to look over and around stuff you shouldn't be able to see around.

I know where you coming from, but even so you got full head controls too. This third party view not really sorts out fov issue, but adds a scumbaggy way of cheaking corners safely and look over the the walls/fences. I know it as I used it myself and got few kills like that just because I could clearly see enemy move around from a safety of a fence, where they could not see me at all ( even if they would be in third party view ).

I heard they will make servers where you can use only first person. I am all up for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Loads of first person only servers up now

Is this worth getting at this point ladies & gents? I did love Day z but got fed up when all the hacking came about.

Is this worth getting at this point ladies & gents? I did love Day z but got fed up when all the hacking came about.

DEFINITELY!

I have 37 hours accumulated in just the week & a half I own it. Still can't wait to go home and play it most days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Iv only started recently and got my character wiped again. I dont get much time to play it so it takes ages to get any sort of gear, bag, food, water let alone a gun and then boom im back to my black t shirt in middle of nowhere.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Iv only started recently and got my character wiped again. I dont get much time to play it so it takes ages to get any sort of gear, bag, food, water let alone a gun and then boom im back to my black t shirt in middle of nowhere.

I haven't had my character wiped once in the 37 hours I've played. I have however died a silly way or 2. Such as yesterday, was climbing over a rock when my character start glitching out, then suddenly it says 'You're dead'. I wouldn't mind but I made it back to my dead guy's body and was recovering my stuff when the server restarted, talk about bad luck! Bye bye M4 with ACOG and 100+ rounds and 35 slot backpack filled with gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm waiting for tents to store my stuff in. Oh, and transport.

I'm waiting for tents to store my stuff in. Oh, and transport.

Development roadmap:

- Playable vehicles
    - Wide variety of native animal life
    - Player created constructions in the environment
    - Extensive interactions with the environment and crafting options
    - Streamlined user actions and interface
    - Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
    - Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
    - Support of user mods

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.

Might take a while but hopefully they'll add as much as possible within that year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just bought this, am downloading it now.

The only reason I never got into the mod is due to the amount of faff I had to go through just to get it working. Looking forward to it now.

Advertisement