Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

DaLad wrote: »
    DEFINITELY!

I have 37 hours accumulated in just the week & a half I own it. Still can't wait to go home and play it most days!
    DaLad wrote: »
    I haven't had my character wiped once in the 37 hours I've played. I have however died a silly way or 2. Such as yesterday, was climbing over a rock when my character start glitching out, then suddenly it says 'You're dead'. I wouldn't mind but I made it back to my dead guy's body and was recovering my stuff when the server restarted, talk about bad luck! Bye bye M4 with ACOG and 100+ rounds and 35 slot backpack filled with gear.

Hmm I might hold out a few more months if there are still a load of bugs. I know it's only alpha so that's expected but it can't be arsed getting it now if there are all kinds of issues that effect the basics of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Hmm I might hold out a few more months if there are still a load of bugs. I know it's only alpha so that's expected but it can't be arsed getting it now if there are all kinds of issues that effect the basics of the game.

Keep in mind the price might go up.

You could buy it now, and keep it in your Steam Gifts Inventory. That way you can install and play any time, or if you get tired of this style of game you can gift/trade it for something you like. All while paying the least amount you have to.

Outside of sales that it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't think i'll play it again until it's in Beta. I have done basically everything, and have a fully kitted out guy, but there's nothing to do.

Has also finalized my mind about Early Access games - don't buy until at least Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I don't think i'll play it again until it's in Beta. I have done basically everything, and have a fully kitted out guy, but there's nothing to do.

Has also finalized my mind about Early Access games - don't buy until at least Beta.

you haven't picked berry's yet? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Player encounters. Go find people to rob, shoot, chat with etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Meh, i know that's probably the point of it so far, but i want to be doing something. The final product sounds better, stockpiling, camps, cars, etc. But as it stands, there's nothing that's really holding my interest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You could buy it now, and keep it in your Steam Gifts Inventory. That way you can install and play any time, or if you get tired of this style of game you can gift/trade it for something you like. All while paying the least amount you have to.

I wonder if how much it will go up? And when it would go on sale? Hmm.
    Dunno whether to get it.

You should be in Steam sales.... I want to buy it now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Meh, i know that's probably the point of it so far, but i want to be doing something. The final product sounds better, stockpiling, camps, cars, etc. But as it stands, there's nothing that's really holding my interest.

What are you gonna stockpile for though??

Too many people are afraid of losing their gear and missing out on the best part of DayZ, the pants shítting fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

The game is brilliant as it stands, plays well and looks fantastic. Its a sand box, theres always something to do, just use your imagination!

I love playing with a group on TS, the comms have to be spot on or you end up shooting each other. We had 10 on the other night in Elektro and it was mayhem, I was busting myself laughing at everyone trying to figure out who was who and where they were etc!!

Best played with other players mind....

• Advertisement

Do you guys use the Boards TS for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

TheFairy wrote: »
    The game is brilliant as it stands, plays well and looks fantastic. Its a sand box, theres always something to do, just use your imagination!

I love playing with a group on TS, the comms have to be spot on or you end up shooting each other. We had 10 on the other night in Elektro and it was mayhem, I was busting myself laughing at everyone trying to figure out who was who and where they were etc!!

Best played with other players mind....

Get gear, kill people, die, repeat.

What else is there to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Holsten wrote: »
    Get gear, kill people, die, repeat.

What else is there to do?

Troll.

Anti-Troll.

Talk to strangers, it's like Chat Roulette with higher stakes.

Downloading now :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Downloading now :D

No rush, all the servers are down at the moment.

:(

Only just bought it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote: »
    No rush, all the servers are down at the moment.

:(

Only just bought it myself.

9M9KvXb.jpg

Back up by 8:30! Also rumoured new patch to be out today, maybe when servers are back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Servers down for maintenance for the next 3 hours according to the twitter

Edit: above :P

Latest patch is now live! 425mb

Changelog Here!

K9QhT4f.jpg

What's the story with the kits, is everythig wiped from previous version?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Update seems to of resurrected one of my old characters

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »

Yeah same here! My old fully kitted out character with a Mosin, 2 pistols and boxes of ammo :D

I still seem to have the same character minus some of my food and other things for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zombie characters coming back to life :eek:

After logging in again and once again I am a fresh spawn! Can't find a single daylight server either :mad:

Yeah, think he reset it reset all server times to the default GMT time

Yeah, think he reset it reset all server times to the default GMT time

I joined American servers too, DayZ time in server browser said 5pm and it was still dark when I joined. I dunno at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

from the the clanforge dashboard
    Update: We're starting up all of the Public servers, Private servers will be online shortly, additionally, server time is now taken from a machines local time.

Grim. wrote: »
    from the the clanforge dashboard

So its not gonna be the same time for everyone in the server? That's nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm I dont really like this time thing. It is realistic and all, but I do play late nights. Will that mean I wont see day light lol? :D

Anyway, is it me or it feels a lot more smoother after patch? Hit detection on zombies got better too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

So its not gonna be the same time for everyone in the server? That's nuts!

This is just stupid. Played with my brother tonight
    Was close to sunset for me and pitch black for him

Its a completely unfair advantage

Everyone on the server should have the same amount of light...

Edit - might just be a glitch

Advertisement