Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

DaLad wrote: »
    Sent you a friend request. Which Teamspeak server, The Irish Guard one?

I'm on gaellords atm but ill join you if you like? Or are you lads on one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I'm on gaellords atm but ill join you if you like? Or are you lads on one?

Same time again tomorrow night dude! (If I'm not on Xbox with my other neglected friends lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

You can port the SA map into Arma 3 and go exploring. Handy if you just want to check out new areas and buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

man the game has become unplayablu for e right now, every server i log into wont let me run more than 20 feet without rubber banding me back 10 feet!!!!!!!

also my guy keeps getting reset even if i go back into the same server or a different one.

i hope they get this fixed soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 irish187

man the game has become unplayablu for e right now, every server i log into wont let me run more than 20 feet without rubber banding me back 10 feet!!!!!!!

also my guy keeps getting reset even if i go back into the same server or a different one.

i hope they get this fixed soon.

Is this happening for everyone? I have the standalone but have not got around to playing it yet, I have read that combat logging is a major problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

irish187 wrote: »
    Is this happening for everyone? I have the standalone but have not got around to playing it yet, I have read that combat logging is a major problem!

I just popped on there and did a little bit of looting, no rubberbanding here :S

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gypsycrust

I think there are database synchronization issues.

I joined a random server this morning because The Irish Guard was down, found my guy was reset, so I started a fresh spawn. Too much lag, so I joined another server and he is back.

When The Irish Guard came back I joined it and it said "you are dead". I reconnected to it and my original guy is alive again.

I am also getting the lag issues you described.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

irish187 wrote: »

7 years. 3 posts. Dedication. :D

God i hate rubber banding back to where you spawned...i just quit playing for a week or 2 when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Well balls anyway, seems they have disabled family sharing so now the missus can't play on her account anymore without buying it(she was still making her mind up about it)

These videos are hilarious if anyone wants to watch them, there's only about 7 x 5min vids at the moment:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I hope they will sort out the Night/day Cycle thing. I dont enjoy playing in pitch black...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

These videos are hilarious if anyone wants to watch them, there's only about 7 x 5min vids at the moment:

Very funny, Poor Morgan Freeman:)

I hope they will sort out the Night/day Cycle thing. I dont enjoy playing in pitch black...

it says what time it is in each server on the server list.

it says what time it is in each server on the server list.

True but not near as many daytime servers as there were before. Find it hard to find a daytime server with spaces since the latest patch. Not sure if server owners are allowed set them to always daytime anymore but I really wish they would. The Irish Guard for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Was this one/some of ye? Absolutely ****ing brilliant. :pac::pac::pac:

Was this one/some of ye? Absolutely ****ing brilliant. :pac::pac::pac:

that was ****ing amazing :-)

That was honestly funny in the end, but DayZ really scares me at times. I think it is some weird social experiment.
    When zombies come knocking on my door, I will invite them for a tea, when survivors knocking on the door, I will shoot them in a face or get them to take off the pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

....Not sure if server owners are allowed set them to always daytime any more but I really wish they would. The Irish Guard for instance.

Working on getting this sorted lads, but out of our hands at the moment. Multiplay have to run the server based on the time of the machine that's hosting it, hence night time when its night time here. Will update if I get it sorted.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Working on getting this sorted lads, but out of our hands at the moment. Multiplay have to run the server based on the time of the machine that's hosting it, hence night time when its night time here. Will update if I get it sorted.

I read somewhere that he is looking to fix it, so you can set time yourself again.

I wont mind playing at nighttime when its stable and youre not at a disadvantage by using a torch and not the gamma settings. But until then its gotta be the daytime yo.

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I wont mind playing at nighttime when its stable and youre not at a disadvantage by using a torch and not the gamma settings. But until then its gotta be the daytime yo.

Thats the thing. The only way to play it is with Gamma up to sky high. If wont, someone else will...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

haha yeah I was one of the guys in the fire station in Byze's video. Hilarious stuff! Finally the game worked for me after the last patch & we got to meet a few interesting people. Enjoy!

Reddit link for those that fancy giving me a hand! http://redd.it/1w45lu

Cheers!

Thats the thing. The only way to play it is with Gamma up to sky high. If wont, someone else will...

Arma 3 seemed to fix the gamma exploit so its doable for the SA anyways.

Ah,finally died. Lost my pristine m4 with acog and silencer,food,fully camo cloths. Though it was fun, managed to get 3 bandits with me and my buddy scavenged my gear after fire fight.so my m4 legacy lives on! :D
    Love this game!

Those videos are ****ing brilliant. What server do you normally play on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Don't have a specific server. Any server that my ****e internet will let me play on really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Started playing again after a bit of a break and got back a character that was killed last week , now just to find some M4 ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Have been following this thread but dont have DayZ and am getting sick of hearing how much you guys are having playing this.... so downloading it now.. :D

Never played the Arma series or Dayz mod so this should be interesting...

Sirinava.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

So jumped into DayZ for the first time yesterday! Spent about 3 hours getting geared up, look liked Rambo in a Halloween mask.... BOOM shot in the back out of know where! Guess I'll have to start all over again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    So jumped into DayZ for the first time yesterday! Spent about 3 hours getting geared up, look liked Rambo in a Halloween mask.... BOOM shot in the back out of know where! Guess I'll have to start all over again!

Welcome to DayZ. Half the time you won't even know where it came from :pac:

Advertisement