Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

As Bambi ran in to second floor of police station ( NE airfield ). My buddy was waiting for me near by as there was mosin laying around.
    So I ran in and I got smoked bt dude on second floor... :rolleyes: Again, no warning nothing. I clearly looked like Bambi...
    Well, **** you so... My buddy came from Tower and smoked him back. Justice delivered. You shoot with no warning, you die with no warning.

Started again as Bambi and not even near Berezino.... Bollox :(

Did you announce yourself? Airfields tend to be KOS, as you could easily be a Bambi concealing a pistol or magnum, and there is nothing to stop you finding a gun in the airfield and shooting him then.

Some people have been burned badly after being nice so are very on edge when it comes to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did you announce yourself? Airfields tend to be KOS, as you could easily be a Bambi concealing a pistol or magnum, and there is nothing to stop you finding a gun in the airfield and shooting him then.

Some people have been burned badly after being nice so are very on edge when it comes to people.

I just ran in through the door, went up. ( Did not expected anyone in there at all as my buddy was watching the entrance, so it was 100% logger ) He was in usual "behind the stairs on second floor" spot and opened fire. All I had was a blue shirt lol.
    My buddy got him coming over to tower. Full camo, M4 and enough stuff for 3 bears to last winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Whats the best locations for weapon attachments at the moment? Used to be plenty by the tents near balota airfield but nothing there since the update

Whats the best locations for weapon attachments at the moment? Used to be plenty by the tents near balota airfield but nothing there since the update

NWAF in the hangars I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You should try the very top of the ACT.
    You have to look down and open your inventory then do sweeps around because they spawn below the surface and you can't really see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sorry just to be clear, this is the game on steam that's still in Alpha stage.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Sorry just to be clear, this is the game on steam that's still in Alpha stage.

Yup.

Hehe logged in on roof of Electro Hospital. Had nothing on me as Electro is lootes to feck. ( was it not supposed to reset at 17:00? ). some fella was on ahigher smaller roof. Look at me and started shooting.
    Looks like Dayz became pure FFA deathmatch game lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

As Bambi ran in to second floor of police station ( NE airfield ). My buddy was waiting for me near by as there was mosin laying around.
    So I ran in and I got smoked bt dude on second floor... :rolleyes: Again, no warning nothing. I clearly looked like Bambi...
    Well, **** you so... My buddy came from Tower and smoked him back. Justice delivered. You shoot with no warning, you die with no warning.

Started again as Bambi and not even near Berezino.... Bollox :(

MUST NOT REACT!!!! :p

HAHA! LOLZ! I died again ( from 5 foot drop ) and spawned in Electro again, so I just ran back to hospital, used the ladder to get up and found my killer. Did not gave 2 ****s, just went "Young Black independant free woman, who does not need a help of any man" on him with my fists up! He misses shotgun shots at me and after got me with M4.
    Things is I hit him at least 8-10 times and he did not died. I bet he is bleeding like hell though! :D Fists need buff up!!! :p

• Advertisement

HAHA! LOLZ! I died again ( from 5 foot drop ) and spawned in Electro again, so I just ran back to hospital, used the ladder to get up and found my killer. Did not gave 2 ****s, just went "Young Black independant free woman, who does not need a help of any man" on him with my fists up! He misses shotgun shots at me and after got me with M4.
    Things is I hit him at least 8-10 times and he did not died. I bet he is bleeding like hell though! :D Fists need buff up!!! :p

You have to hit him in the head to knock him unconcious!

I don't mind getting killed really, if I die, it's my fault as I wasn't careful enough, the only thing I hate is combat loggers and ghosting, quitting out of the game just so you don't die is pathetic, and ghosting into a better spot to kill them is even worse, I would instaban anyone who did either tbh.

ktulu123 wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

...bambi...

On a point of style, what's people's interpretation of bambi, in the context of DayZ?

I take it to mean anyone fresh spawned, but I understand some people use it to mean new and relatively inexperienced players.

Initially, I thought it meant someone who runs like funk as soon as they see anyone.

On a point of style, what's people's interpretation of bambi, in the context of DayZ?

I take it to mean anyone fresh spawned, but I understand some people use it to mean new and relatively inexperienced players.

Initially, I thought it meant someone who runs like funk as soon as they see anyone.

Well Bambi is someone who is freshly spawned and has no gear on him. At least thats how I understand it. :)

P.s. Got back in to Electro and no sign of my friend :(

It is a term used by a 'popular' YouTuber known as cockonpcin1080p. I dislike him very much & this fecking 'bambi' mentality he brought into DayZ.

Sorry :P

It is a term used by a 'popular' YouTuber known as cockonpcin1080p. I dislike him very much & this fecking 'bambi' mentality he brought into DayZ.

Sorry :P

You talking about Frankie? I started watching him just recently and he is a Good watch. Bambi fits perfect too lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's head wrecking! New spawn or fresh spawn is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

HackerOnPcin1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Squaredude wrote: »
    HackerOnPcin1080p

His voice is almost as ear bleedingly annoying as that cúnt Sacriel. I'd hatchet them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Squaredude wrote: »
    HackerOnPcin1080p

I actually like him, was he accussed of cheating at some stage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Glebee wrote: »
    I actually like him, was he accussed of cheating at some stage..

Indeed he was. A quick google search should bring up the video that points out where he was cheating.

He is a decent editor, but it still does not excuse the fact that he used scripts to get a lot of his footage. No point dragging a decent thread off topic with this. It's all there with a quick Google.

In better news, the new patch notes have been released. SKS!!!!
    DAYZ PENDING UPDATE CHANGELOG

Branch: Experimental
    ETA to Stable: 5-7 February 2014
    Version: 0.33.114782

Known Issues:
    - Spawns: Loot is not spawning in military tents
    - Spawns: Some structures in Svetlo currently do not spawn loot
    - Server: Servers under load can delay actions from the client
    - Only 4 dynamic light sources will be rendered at one time currently

What are experimental/stable branches?
    In your steam application settings, you can choose a "beta branch". This allows you to opt in to our experimental branch to try it out.

Does my saved character get affected in experimental branch?
    No. It runs on a different database, so any changes will not affect your character on stable branch.

I can't find a slot while on experimental branch!
    Only a small number of servers run this branch. You will need to change your game back to the stable branch and play on a normal server

Can I join a stable branch server wil experimental branch client?
    No, you would need to change your client back to stable.

When will this be in stable?
    We expect stable to be updated before the end of that week (by 7 February 2014).

Why has <insert any bug> not been fixed yet when there is new content coming in?
    While priorities are very important when assigning work, there is a limit to how many people can work on a complex task without making it even more complex. Also, many of the team are focused purely on content/design so while the important stuff is being fixed, they continue to provide content and design updates.

Is mouse acceleration being fixed?
    It is not fixed in this update, but we plan to make control changes. It is not as simple as turning it "off" as the speed your character turns is not dictated by the mouse itself, but your movements combined with the type of weapon you have, how tired you are, etc.

New:
    - Actions: chambering SKS round from pile, loading 10 rounds from pile
    - Actions: You can uncuff other players with the hacksaw
    - Actions: Cannot use an item (e.g. drink/eat) if it is "Ruined"
    - Actions: Interactions with items reworked. Drinking/Eating/etc... more robust and user-friendly
    - Actions: Restrained players cannot use inventory or action menu
    - Animations: Player now can take and hide rifle in crouched run
    - Animations: SKS reload animations
    - Crafting: FNX45 pistol can be chambered with single round
    - Crafting: Opening cans with combat knife added
    - Crafting: Opening cans with machete added
    - Crafting: Painting Motorbike Helmets to Black and Green
    - Effects: Magnum revolver ejecting shells when reloading
    - Effects: Magnum revolver sounds - gunshots, reloading
    - Effects: Mosin ejecting shells when cycling
    - Effects: New Mosin sounds - gunshots, cycling, reloading
    - Gear: Improvised courier backpack added
    - Gear: Machete added
    - Gestures: Clapping Gesture added, default F5 key
    - Gestures: Pointing Gesture added, default F6 key
    - Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly.
    - Server: Player spawns now cached by engine directly, increasing performance
    - Spawns: Added Bubble goose jackets into the loot spawns
    - Spawns: Added SKS rifle, speedloader, ammunition piles and boxes and SKS bayonet into the loot spawns
    - Systems: Hunger and Thirst slightly modified.
    - Systems: Notifications added to UI for hydration and high energy
    - Zombies: Different types of Military zombies now have tougher attack values and improved durability
    - Zombies: Engine dynamic obstacle checking (zombie, another player)
    - Zombies: Svetlojarsk zombie spawns added

Fixed:
    - Action: morphine injection can be used on other player effectively fixing his broken legs and item correctly positioned in hands
    - Actions: Keys won't disappear after uncuffing
    - Actions: loading ammo works for sprayed Mosin variants
    - Actions: Read/Writing notes with paper and pen now works again
    - Actions: reviving with epinephrine or defibrillator works also if player blood is below 500 units of blood
    - Animations: fixed an issue where reload in prone would leave some residue sound clutter at the end of the reload animation
    - Animations: Weapon reloading for magazine was not working properly when no magazine fitted
    - Animations: Rifle Aimed Walk Updated, diagonal animations fixed
    - Animations: sidesteping through doorway with rifle while crouching should not cause the player to get stuck now
    - Config: Berries have more nutrition now
    - Crafting : You can no longer saw off sawed off shotgun
    - Crafting: Can spraypaint M4 to green or black
    - Crafting: Damage is now transferred when items are painted
    - Crafting: Improved Backpack creation only possible when Courier Bag is empty (previously items accidentally deleted)
    - Crafting: Weapon cleaning kit can't be used when it's "Ruined" and won't reduce condition of a gun
    - Effects: Dazed effect plays again when a player is hit/damaged/shot
    - Effects: Some effects were not active locally when a player was restrained
    - Fixed: Missing texture error dz\weapons\data\weapons_damage_metal_smdi.paa
    - Fixed: Popping up texture error for beret models
    - Gear: Spraycans won't deplete after relogging
    - Gear: Book, radio, pot, pan, gas canisters, matchbox, paper, firewood and stone can be placed in hands
    - Gear: Headlamp beam raised slightly
    - Gear: Painted items now retain their previous quantities (i.e. Magazine ammo won't reset)
    - Gear: Various item descriptions and notifications fixed for grammar, typos, more detail
    - Gear: ZSh-3 Pilot helmet fixed and updated
    - Gestures: Taunt defaults correctly to F4 key
    - Graphics: "god rays" could cause overloaded post-processing and graphical corruption
    - Graphics: fix of removing shining object from hand (switch off)
    - Graphics: Roads have per pixel lights
    - Graphics: Dynamic lights should be now defined with "radius" value which is maximum radius of light in meters
    - Loot: Splint position in hand was wrong now corrected
    - Spawns: Drastically lowered chance of backpacks spawning on the construction site
    - Spawns: Loot spawn tweaks in some civilian structures
    - Weapons: Mosin recoil increased
    - Weapons: Sawed-off shotgun can be loaded with ammo (was broken due to changed inheritance)
    - Weapons: Sawed-off shotgun: reduced size in inventory, reduced spread
    - Zombies: Better filter/check of attack hits directly in engine
    - Zombies: Military zombies made tougher

Hotfixed:
    - Engine: Irregular crash of server in corpse garbage collector consequence of this is that the bodies will not disappear if other player is in vicinity

Well, I still enjoy some of his Videos. Its entertainment after all...

On dayZ itself:

For the first time in my life I found Shotgun, then I found for the first time Mosin... with 2 shotgun bullets.. God Dammit! :D I always wanted Mosin, but I had to leave it as its better to have 2 bullets, that you can shoot, then nothing.
    Got to one of the Airstrips, am I being very careful, but it is all looted out. :(

- Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly.

Yes please! I did not expected this patch to come out so soon. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Also your body stays on the server for 30 seconds after you log out. He forgot to add it to patch notes.

Not a perfect fix, but it'll do for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

OT: I say bambi but I never realised Frankie used to say it. :( I think most of his videos are quite fun and like him but tbh if he doesn't hack, he definitely scripts his videos with other players at times.

New patch notes yayyyy. Less combat logging the better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

havent played this in awhile

does stuff respawn now or do we have to wait for server to restart?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

server to restart

TiG server still down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

No sorted now, the machine it was hosted on was borked.

Advertisement