Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Found an interesting thread on the main forum.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169686-reduce-the-common-lag-in-dayz-tutorial/#entry1724529

I have tried it and so far it appears to resolve the inventory lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

SKS is nice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Have not had a chance to try the experimental branch, whats it like?

Its grand while its working.Constantly getting disconnected, though that could just be my rubbish internet acting up. Zombies seem a bit more aggressive and faster to react to seeing you. I'll give it a proper go later tonight once my connection gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

d0gb0y wrote: »
    Found an interesting thread on the main forum.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169686-reduce-the-common-lag-in-dayz-tutorial/#entry1724529

I have tried it and so far it appears to resolve the inventory lag.

TCPAck is an old thing with online games.
    idk how useful that dchp change is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Had the worst luck last night. KOS by someone logging in yo NEAF. Spawn in solni. Run to my body, get there server resets. Get rubberbanded to rify. Run to NEAF after reset, get some gear bump into guy with moisin, i shout friendly he lowers weapon and says its cool he wont kill me. Two minutes later "You are dead" spawn in solni. Go to meet the lads in the NE area. Held up as newspawn by three lads. Feed me rotten fruit. I run away they start firing (1 moisin, 1 magnum, 1 m4) miss every shot. Get to berezino. KoS by sniper at massively long range. Never going NE with SHERLOCKWATSON again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Had my first KOS last night (i use to give benefit of the doubt until everyone kills me). Guy runs into the NW airfield with a mosin out. Shoot him. On looting him, he had no bullets for it BUT over 300 rounds for the M4 O_o.

Good thing i was using the M4 so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Had the worst luck last night. KOS by someone logging in yo NEAF. Spawn in solni. Run to my body, get there server resets. Get rubberbanded to rify. Run to NEAF after reset, get some gear bump into guy with moisin, i shout friendly he lowers weapon and says its cool he wont kill me. Two minutes later "You are dead" spawn in solni. Go to meet the lads in the NE area. Held up as newspawn by three lads. Feed me rotten fruit. I run away they start firing (1 moisin, 1 magnum, 1 m4) miss every shot. Get to berezino. KoS by sniper at massively long range. Never going NE with SHERLOCKWATSON again.

You can't blame me Timmy, you cant! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Have not had a chance to try the experimental branch, whats it like?

Servers are packed so takes a while to get a place, character dosen't save and servers are not restarted often enough.
    I've been getting a lot of desync on them and I think they have widened the zombies sight so its harder to avoid them.

d0gb0y wrote: »
    Servers are packed so takes a while to get a place, character dosen't save and servers are not restarted often enough.
    I've been getting a lot of desync on them and I think they have widened the zombies sight so its harder to avoid them.

My character was saving. I've switched back to stable as I was getting awful desync and constantly getting disconnected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Unconscious @ north east Airbase any1 around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

[/QUOTE=d0gb0y;88749856]Found an interesting thread on the main forum.

I have tried it and so far it appears to resolve the inventory lag.[/QUOTE]

that work a charm for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sooo fried my HDD and Graphics card, backup hdd playing the backup role but onboard gfx can't cope with anything game wise =/ no dayz for me for awhile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

R0ot wrote: »
    Sooo fried my HDD and Graphics card, backup hdd playing the backup role but onboard gfx can't cope with anything game wise =/ no dayz for me for awhile.

Perfect excuse to upgrade though... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

R0ot wrote: »

That's disastrous. What brought the whole lot down?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Docks are dangerous, mmmmmk!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

**** this game... I logged in and went prone as I did logged off on one of the roofs. I did few barrel rolls when me Bitch decided to do one extra clip through the wall and stand up on the other side of the building edge. Death by falling. Full Camo, food, M4, Magnum lots of bullets.

I am pretty sure someone already looting my body as I heard footsteps. If not, go get yourself a lot of **** in Electro Hospital yard.

Collect gear for 3 days then die due to ****ty engine mechanics.

**** this game... I logged in and went prone as I did logged off on one of the roofs. I did few barrel rolls when me Bitch decided to do one extra clip through the wall and stand up on the other side of the building edge. Death by falling. Full Camo, food, M4, Magnum lots of bullets.

I am pretty sure someone already looting my body as I heard footsteps. If not, go get yourself a lot of **** in Electro Hospital yard.

Hate to be *That* guy. But

1) Don't get attached to your gear, ever.

2) Alpha as **** man.

Hate to be *That* guy. But

1) Don't get attached to your gear, ever.

2) Alpha as **** man.

true that timmy

dude i cant remember how many times i have dies climbing ladders or my guy kept walking after i stopped pressing "w" and went straight off th top of a roof, but you do have to remember it is in a very early stage of alpha and these things will happen.

But i do feel your pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

Played the alpha mod, amazing game but just too alpha for me

When could one expect a final release of the stand alone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

usersame wrote: »
    Played the alpha mod, amazing game but just too alpha for me

When could one expect a final release of the stand alone?

A year if not more I'd imagine.

Also. If you read above someone posted that age old fix for server/client lag. Helped me massively with the latency issues. Could help you with the character continuing running after letting go of 'W' etc

A year if not more I'd imagine.

Don't listen to him, he's nothing but a shnake.

It'll probably be about 14 months +

Also. If you read above someone posted that age old fix for server/client lag. Helped me massively with the latency issues. Could help you with the character continuing running after letting go of 'W' etc

yea i seen that i only did that there the other night and havent had a chane to properly try it out.

i am going on tonight so i will see the full effects of it, but from the 10 min i played after applying it is seemed to have removed a lot of lag for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

true that timmy

dude i cant remember how many times i have dies climbing ladders or my guy kept walking after i stopped pressing "w" and went straight off th top of a roof, but you do have to remember it is in a very early stage of alpha and these things will happen.

But i do feel your pain :(

Yeah, I know. Not the first time I lost everything, of course I am disappointed. I will take a wee break and plat Rust for now! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

We had an interesting time in Elektro the other day after we all met up. Enjoy!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Was in 3 packed servers this evening, didn't see or encounter one person all the way from Prigorodki -> Cherno -> Balota -> Komarovo -> Zelengorsk. Very weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Did someone mention previously about being able to try experimental servers for new fixes/additions etc? If so how does one go about trying this?

Great game last night. One of the lads got killed in NWAF on TiG so we brutally murdered the trio that did it and escaped with all their gear. Elektro is more of a cluster fcuk nowadays with this glitching into the walls in apartments proliferation.

• Advertisement

Did someone mention previously about being able to try experimental servers for new fixes/additions etc? If so how does one go about trying this?

Yeah if you right click dayz in your steam library and select properties you should see an option to opt into betas or something like that. There's only a handful of servers though and they're usually full.

Advertisement