Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

CrinkElite wrote: »
    That's disastrous. What brought the whole lot down?

This ones all on me unfortunately. Attempting to "fix" a wireless card. Did not go to plan.
    CatInABox wrote: »
    Perfect excuse to upgrade though... :)

All within warranty so just waiting on RMA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

No guts no glory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just incase any of you weren't aware, there's a new dedicated forum for all things Survival Sandbox, imaginatively titled, The Survival Sandbox . This thread will remain in the Games forum, but in terms of expanding the discussion of the game beyond what this forum can offer, by all means, head on over to TSS :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Part two of our Elektro Encounters, Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MobyDick

This could be handy for when a few are playing together,

http://www.izurvive.com/

Chernarus map, you can make a group (Group name and password), then mark positions on it for everyone in the group to see. Android and iPhone app available also, not sure how good they are though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just discovered the Walkie Talkies actually work. Thought they weren't yet implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just discovered the Walkie Talkies actually work. Thought they weren't yet implemented.

they have fair range as well. me and a mate were either side of the elektro docks with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just got into my first fire fight up around Kransnotav earlier on the Irish Guard Server.. Raiding the store in the town and jumped by 3 guys. Took 2 of them out, dont know how I was in such a panic. Made a complete mess of the third guy though. Got out of building and got hidden on hill looking down towards the town. Should of waitied him out as I had a mosin even with a damaged scope I might of got him. Instead I moved out and he picked me off. Oh well as everybody said do not get used to your gear. In one way its a good thing Im over the first shock of loosing my gear and have to start again. Should I have made my way back to see if my body was there???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Glebee wrote: »
    Just got into my first fire fight up around Kransnotav earlier on the Irish Guard Server.. Raiding the store in the town and jumped by 3 guys. Took 2 of them out, dont know how I was in such a panic. Made a complete mess of the third guy though. Got out of building and got hidden on hill looking down towards the town. Should of waitied him out as I had a mosin even with a damaged scope I might of got him. Instead I moved out and he picked me off. Oh well as everybody said do not get used to your gear. In one way its a good thing Im over the first shock of loosing my gear and have to start again. Should I have made my way back to see if my body was there???

Your body only stays there for ten minutes so there's not much point trying to get to krasnostav I'd say, especially if it's in a tough enough to find area, that and he would have probably looted your moisin off you for one of his dead buddies or something, it can be dodgy going back to your body, but worth it if it's close, just make sure you're naked, and just take everything as quick as possible and gtfo of there.

However, you can be very happy to have killed 2 of them on your first life, first time I played the game I panic'ed and ran away, only to get shot in the back :pac:

Your body only stays there for ten minutes so there's not much point trying to get to krasnostav I'd say, especially if it's in a tough enough to find area.

However, you can be very happy to have killed 2 of them on your first life, first time I played the game I panic'ed and ran away, only to get shot in the back :pac:

Forgot to say, I think one of the 2 may have only had an axe... I then proceed to panic:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Ah if that's the case they definitely would have taken your moisin id say!

Is there anyway of tell who actually does kill you other than the you are dead message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Is there anyway of tell who actually does kill you other than the you are dead message.

Nope.

Mods of the DayZ Mod (e.g Origins) used to prompt everybody on the server of who killed you, with what weapon and the distance. But vanilla DayZ never had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Best way is to return to the scene of the crime and hunt down the perpetrator.

I've invoked revenge on a few occasions with a mere axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I love the death in DayZ, it's just like real life... walking along and then boom... nothingness.

If you get a headshot you don't even hear the gun, just the black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The missus has been playing on my account for the past few days and she was getting fairly attached to the character despite my telling her not to. Most of the people she's encountered have been rather helpful, she was well impressed with all her gear and what she has dressed the character in. Fully kitted out with weapons and ammo, stops to fill up a canteen and bam someone shoots her, she's super pissed and all I can do is laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭PMC83

Just started, never played the mod so I'm totally new. Just wondering what the average time is to get 'geared up'? I've been playing on servers with the full 40 and covering some distance but always starve to death. Been heading straight up as apposed to staying on the coast, maybe the longest I've lasted is 3 hours? No sign of many other players and defo no sign of any guns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

PMC83 wrote: »
    Just started, never played the mod so I'm totally new. Just wondering what the average time is to get 'geared up'? I've been playing on servers with the full 40 and covering some distance but always starve to death. Been heading straight up as apposed to staying on the coast, maybe the longest I've lasted is 3 hours? No sign of many other players and defo no sign of any guns!
    If you start fresh on a full server chances are the loot has been cleared out. Try playing on a less populated server to find your feet or hope a few other players donate some food and gear

PMC83 wrote: »
    Don't enter houses with open doors.

The loots long gone. I remember starving to death as a noob. Can't imagine it ever happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Have played 4 times now. First 3, died of 2 zombie attacks. 3rd, fell off a ledge and broke a leg. on the 4th, I learned to be careful and from watching a few videos, looted up, killed another player with a spanner who tried to punch me (he had a backpack!) and now have a moisin, a bball bat and a full loadout of rations and tools. Will probably die on the next run tho...

**** it, T.I.Dz

• Advertisement

Does reloading have to be manual now? I got killed because I shot my Mosin and had (from how the game responded) keep manually dragging the ammo to the gun to chamber the rounds.

I had the high power scope, iv noticed that having different mods effect the weapons in some way, e.g with the high power scope I could zero the scope up to 800m instead of the 300m without a scope. Does the high power scope only allow 1 shot before reloading?

I remember shooting at least 5 times in successive shots previously (didn't have a high power scope) but last night I could only shoot once before having to reload each time. Was frustrating because it eventually cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Did you spray your gun? If so this breaks it allowing 1 shot at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Seriously? ... jasus...

Sprayed M4's are great craic! :D

TheFairy wrote: »
    Did you spray your gun? If so this breaks it allowing 1 shot at a time!

Yes, Green!

Jaysus did not know that, ill be avoiding it from now on! This is obviously a bug or is it intentional?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

I think you can still chat after you die, can anyone confirm or deny?

If so, you could type into direct chat and ask them to claim it, they don't have to, obviously.

Yeah you can chat/voice chat when you die. It will probably be removed at a later date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This new wait time to login is ****ing ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Holsten wrote: »
    This new wait time to login is ****ing ****!

Don't server hop?

Or is there something else that is crap about it? Like is the respawn wait still hanging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

How does the Arma3 mod compare to dayz mod and standalone?

Advertisement