Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Id say they based this login queue and prevent server hopping feature from DayZ Origins. I'm familiar with it already so doesn't frustrate me too much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Absolutely zero issue with any sort of wait time with logging into a server for this game. The amount of times guys have attempted to ghost us in this game was getting ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Cravez wrote: »
    Yes, Green!

Jaysus did not know that, ill be avoiding it from now on! This is obviously a bug or is it intentional?

It was just a bug it got fixed in the patch today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Hate guys like this. Anyone we meet we befriend if not have some banter with. This guy just wanted us dead. Unfortunate for him though. :P

Hows the new patch? Logging out an issue with the 30 second mechanic?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Was having a lovely all stroll around yesterday and about 6 lads from [TIG] bandited me , I cooperated knelt down ,they cuffed me put an bag over my head and shot me ............... bad form.

The robbing I'm fine with but to be shot in the dark defenceless was poor taste.

Havok _Irl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This game sounds f*cking class! Wish I had a good enough laptop to play it or it gets released on console. Just reading the new patch notes has me wanting to play it.

Hi Sheehy83

I run mine on low /normal on my laptop ,had to do a few technical things like overclock my crap graphics card , force allocate processing power to Dayz when active and force both cores of the processor to stay active ( no parking ).

Its fine everywhere except if im with 5 or 6 people in a big city then it lags a bit.

Theres also a few youtube vid's on setting to increase fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

J-W wrote: »
    Was having a lovely all stroll around yesterday and about 6 lads from [TIG] bandited me , I cooperated knelt down ,they cuffed me put an bag over my head and shot me ............... bad form.

The robbing I'm fine with but to be shot in the dark defenceless was poor taste.

Havok _Irl

I shot you and am unrepentant. Its not daisys and buttercups you know!! Get even....

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Oh.. vicious...

ohh matron!

• Advertisement

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
    Mahatma Gandhi

The reaction of our own guys on TS was priceless!!! They were going to lynch me!!!

Ha ha ha. You were the only one to shoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

TheFairy wrote: »
    The reaction of our own guys on TS was priceless!!! They were going to lynch me!!!

Ha! There's always one.

I was only handcuffed once and it ended with an axe in my head. I'm allergic to them ever since.

Is the surround sound any good in DayZ? Ive only played with ****ty headphones and Im wondering if there is a good effect from a surround sound setup? Would love to hear where shots/zombies are coming from. To really crank up the scare factor...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The Red wrote: »
    Is the surround sound any good in DayZ? Ive only played with ****ty headphones and Im wondering if there is a good effect from a surround sound setup? Would love to hear where shots/zombies are coming from. To really crank up the scare factor...

It's hit or miss. There's issue (from what I and my friends experience) where sound effects are happening randomly but no where near you. For example you will be going along and then hear either a zombie, bullets being split or someone drinking a can but there's NOTHING there. It's made my pants brown on more than one occasion as it happens randomly and at the most tense of times.

I have a 7.1 Surround Sound Headset and if there is a legitimate shot fired then yeah you can pretty much tell where it comes from.

Hmm. I have to get new headphones anyway, anyone any recommendations? (without starting an audiophile bickering session) I have a z77 Asrock Extreme4 mobo onboard sound.

(I know this isnt a headphones thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Playing DayZ with no 5.1 or at least headphones is putting yourself in a huge disadvantage. I am waiting myself for the new Sony pulse 7.1 headphones come out. Will be great for Rust and DayZ.

Ha ha ha. You were the only one to shoot?

Yes, Havok had said ingame that he was only on for a 30 min stint while his significant other watched TV. Then I killed him and our lads were going mental that I had ruined his half hour!!!

Baaahahahaha

a man's time alone IS sacred though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Hmm. I have to get new headphones anyway, anyone any recommendations? (without starting an audiophile bickering session) I have a z77 Asrock Extreme4 mobo onboard sound.

(I know this isnt a headphones thread)

I'm looking at HD558s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Managed to revive my friend who got shot to pieces and left bleeding and unconcious on top of the air control tower at the NEAF. I got to him after he'd been there for over an hour. Its fairly sad that people are still ghosting in order to try and win a fire fight. The squad that attacked my friend were doing it(unsuccessfully) to try and get behind my sniping position on the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Whats this ghosting that keeps coming up???? Is it server jumping to get to a new position????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Glebee wrote: »
    Whats this ghosting that keeps coming up???? Is it server jumping to get to a new position????

Yup, server hopping to position yourself in an advantageous spot against the person shooting at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Cravez wrote: »
    It's hit or miss. There's issue (from what I and my friends experience) where sound effects are happening randomly but no where near you. For example you will be going along and then hear either a zombie, bullets being split or someone drinking a can but there's NOTHING there. It's made my pants brown on more than one occasion as it happens randomly and at the most tense of times.

I have a 7.1 Surround Sound Headset and if there is a legitimate shot fired then yeah you can pretty much tell where it comes from.

Currently wildlife sound effects are bugged and cause the above. Next time look around and I guarantee that you'll see a bunny hopping innocently away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah rabbits seem to have gained the same traits as zombies. I was chased out of Berezino by a demented rabbit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Rocket streamed last night. The main points are up on the reddits but the one takeaway I brought from it is that
    zombie sounds from ambient animals (rabbits) are fixed in the update next week

:D

Full list here

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

myself and the brother got the game Friday evening, its going quite well, its a damn tense game at times. been griefed a few times, but also meet some sound guys.
    similar to shadows comments a few pages back, I don't mind dying, its the not even knowing I am about to die that annoys me. was killed in electro by someone camping a staircase. I know, I know I was running like an fool, but after playing for about 2 hours and finding NOTHING worth taking (yes learning some of the tips now) found some good loot and got a little over excited! lol
    then bam. black screen, the rage for about 10 second! then calm as I tried to figure out where I was then off again.

we are having fun, mostly playing together but he is not in Ireland so the time zone differences makes that difficult.
    thanks for the heads up on TiG server, will try find it and see how its goes.

Lost

Easiest way is to go to the remote section in server browser, put in IP and Port from below and hit update, you will then see the server. The IP and port are saved in the game so should be there next time you start the game. Enjoy!
    1-2409617-560x95-13604-FF5519-FFFFFF.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Theres another Irish server floating around too if the TiG one is full. 24/7 daylight and all that. 3-4 hour resets. Dunno which.
    IP is 185.16.86.52:2902
    Think its called Irish Dayz 24/7 Daylight (Original title :pac: )

Advertisement