Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

ktulu123 wrote: »
    This is footage recorded a couple weeks ago on an experimental server. I meet a group of Russian players that kidnap & torture me.

Good laugh. One thing tho - Punching won't work if you are wearing a helmet. I think worst you can do is cause mild bleeding, not sure tho.
    Anyway here's a funny bug regarding helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

4Dlolz wrote: »
    Why is Frankie a ballbag?

Anyone who is popular is a Ballbag and it is fashionable to hate on Popular Youtubers.

He did had an issue with hacking accusations, but even then, his content is very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Why is Frankie a ballbag?

I think he's quite entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Anyone who is popular is a Ballbag and it is fashionable to hate on Popular Youtubers.

He did had an issue with hacking accusations, but even then, his content is very entertaining.

A lot of popular Youtubers are ballbags, its not a conspiracy against YouTubers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Glebee wrote: »
    I think he's quite entertaining.

I think Frankie is fine regardless of the hacking accusations - at the end of the day he's an entertainer, not a professional MLG player.

There are a lot of ballbags on Youtube such as Tmartn, AliA, Woody etc. Frankie isn't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

There's no excuse for hacking, lots of youtubers were able to make entertaining content without having to resort to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

There's no excuse for hacking, lots of youtubers were able to make entertaining content without having to resort to it.

Exactly! This 100%. Nothing to do with popularity. There is never an excuse for hacking, the whole "He does it to create entertainment" argument is weak. There are plenty of great content creators out there that don't cheat.

Personally I spend hours & hours playing these type of games & even more hours editing footage to create films. You may not find my stuff or other guy's films "entertaining" but it's the exact same, it's made for entertainment purposes.

Would it be right if all content creators started to use cheats to create "entertainment"? Nope!

Exactly! This 100%. Nothing to do with popularity. There is never an excuse for hacking, the whole "He does it to create entertainment" argument is weak. There are plenty of great content creators out there that don't cheat.

Personally I spend hours & hours playing these type of games & even more hours editing footage to create films. You may not find my stuff or other guy's films "entertaining" but it's the exact same, it's made for entertainment purposes.

Would it be right if all content creators started to use cheats to create "entertainment"? Nope!

Dude, I watch your videos but the argument that it doesn't matter if he's hacking is not weak. You assume there's some kind of principle behind it - there's not. It's simply entertainment. There's no nobility in it. It equates pointing the finger at Hollywood and saying, "ah sure, their stories aren't real...they paid someone to say that".

First things first, it was never proven that there was hacking. And secondly, I have far more disdain for people that will willfully throw any old ****e on their channel just because there is money in it. FrankieonPC1080p is one of the better commentators out there and he himself has made no secret that he likes to act out his DayZ videos as sort of a movie. To that end, it's pure entertainment.

If you don't think it's right then fair enough. But if you were to "set up" events for pure entertainment, then I wouldn't jump down your throat. If you want to tell a story, brilliant! Beats sitting in a bush for 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ktulu hacks.

Thanks for watching my stuff :) The reason I find that argument weak is this. Have you/anyone else reading ever been killed by a hacker & complained about the bastard? Frankie/hackers using these cheats are actually ruining the gaming experience for the rest of us.

I have zero issues with Frankie creating stories, setting up scenarios or acting stuff out to record. I have done so myself on occasion on a smaller scale(Christmas Caroling, server events etc). That is not the issue it is the fact that he used hacks to get footage which as far as I am concerned are 100% true after seeing the video which compared a hackers footage(The flashing icon thing) to frankies footage & the two were the exact same. He had an argument that it was a rendering/editing issue. As an experienced editor that was absolute waffle!

So just to clarify, I have no issue with him setting up story situations, it is the hacking aspect. Also I do enjoy his BF4 videos & some of the Stand Alone stuff.

He is still a ballbag though :P

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Ktulu hacks.

hahaha Dougal you funny bastard you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Dude, I watch your videos but the argument that it doesn't matter if he's hacking is not weak. You assume there's some kind of principle behind it - there's not. It's simply entertainment. There's no nobility in it. It equates pointing the finger at Hollywood and saying, "ah sure, their stories aren't real...they paid someone to say that".

First things first, it was never proven that there was hacking. And secondly, I have far more disdain for people that will willfully throw any old ****e on their channel just because there is money in it. FrankieonPC1080p is one of the better commentators out there and he himself has made no secret that he likes to act out his DayZ videos as sort of a movie. To that end, it's pure entertainment.

If you don't think it's right then fair enough. But if you were to "set up" events for pure entertainment, then I wouldn't jump down your throat. If you want to tell a story, brilliant! Beats sitting in a bush for 40 mins.

Telling a story doesn't have to come at the expense of other players.

Now if you were to say he went into a private server, with his friends and staged his videos there to make them entertaining, and have them like "movies", grand. That's not the way he does it though.
    Public servers, with real players. Nobody gets a pass on that regardless of their reasoning behind it.

Thanks for watching my stuff :) The reason I find that argument weak is this. Have you/anyone else reading ever been killed by a hacker & complained about the bastard? Frankie/hackers using these cheats are actually ruining the gaming experience for the rest of us.

I have zero issues with Frankie creating stories, setting up scenarios or acting stuff out to record. I have done so myself on occasion on a smaller scale(Christmas Caroling, server events etc). That is not the issue it is the fact that he used hacks to get footage which as far as I am concerned are 100% true after seeing the video which compared a hackers footage(The flashing icon thing) to frankies footage & the two were the exact same. He had an argument that it was a rendering/editing issue. As an experienced editor that was absolute waffle!

So just to clarify, I have no issue with him setting up story situations, it is the hacking aspect. Also I do enjoy his BF4 videos & some of the Stand Alone stuff.

He is still a ballbag though :P

Ah no now, I agree with you absolutely 110%. Getting killed by hackers and teleportation Gangnum style crap is soul destroying.

But if you were to get the admin to send you in gear to show us and explain the different weapons etc. That is not something I'd be against. So long as you don't interfere with the rest of the players then you're absolutely fine. :)

Ktulu, why no Battlefield content for so long btw?

Getting killed by hackers and teleportation Gangnum style crap is soul destroying.

Every time that happens I scream over VON for people not to shoot, to my surprise it actually works... sadly it's the hacker that finishes the job.
    Still it counts for something, right? :pac:

Ktulu, why no Battlefield content for so long btw?

I stopped playing for a good while actually. Back playing it now though & have about 2TB of recorded footage to thrawl through this week for probably one video. Have an idea for another one though that i'm looking forward to making

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The amount of people that can't seem to comprehend that Dean isn't taking off right now and leaving DayZ. He's staying for as long as the project needs him. He got death threats and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Squaredude wrote: »

The new physics items + baseball bats new swing animation.... Do I see a mini game to be here? :pac:

• Advertisement

simon360 wrote: »
    The new physics items + baseball bats new swing animation.... Do I see a mini game to be here? :pac:
    I hope so. I cant wait to fire tins of beans at peoples heads with the baseball bat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

c0dVNI5.gif

Just to be clear. I meant it!

Full video actually adds to the fail.

Got back to this last night, was quite a frustrating night with all the stupid bugs in the game now. But this funny situation happened in Elektro. Enjoy!

New patch released today, could be worth going back for a look.

http://pastebin.com/987ZCedL

Few new towns/villages added, new weapons, a load of new things added to item spawns & some nice fixes. My favorite being loot now spawns when you drop it on the ground, instead of the delay you used to get :)

Patch notes:
    Known Issues:
    Physics: Item throwing physics is currently disabled
    Melee: Cannot conduct melee attack from "lowered" melee stance (press space to chance stance to "raised")

New:
    Actions: Vomiting have associated sound effects
    Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan
    Actions: Can check pulse on unconscious players
    Actions: Searching for berries will now add berries to your inventory
    Actions: Eat All now supported for consumables
    Actions: You can catch rain into canteen and water-bottle from inventory
    Animations: New Ruger 10/22 reload animations
    Animations: New Ruger MKII Reload animations.
    Animations: Player now can sit with gun/weapon
    Animations: Completely new two-handed melee animations. New right-handed poses, moves and attacks for axes, baseball bat, pipewrench, crowbar, fire extinguisher, shovel, farming hoe. "Low" and "Aim" stances introduced for stand, crouch and prone.
    Crafting: SKS painting recipe
    Crafting: You can paint firefighter axe black and green
    Crafting: Blaze 95 painting recipe
    Environment: New rock textures
    Food: Sambucus berry item added
    Food: Canina berry item added
    Gear: added black and UN ballistic helmet variants
    Gear: Sickle added into loot spawns
    Gear: 1911 engraved version configure added to loot spawns
    Gear: Can opener can be used as melee weapon
    Gear: Box of 10 bucks shots added configured and added to loot spawns
    Gear: Wool Coat red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
    Gear: Green and black variant of SKS
    Gear: Green and black variant of firefighter axe added
    Gear: Flat Cap red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
    Gear: Rabbit leg, boar steak and chicken breasts added
    Gear: Fresh and rotten tomato configured and spawning on the server
    Gear: Fresh and rotten potato configured and spawning on the server
    Gear: Fresh and rotten Green Bell Pepper configured and spawning on the server
    Gear: Canned Peaches configured and spawning on the server
    Gear: Tactical bacon configured and spawning on the server
    Gear: Hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks
    Gear: Sporter 22, CR75, Amphibia S, 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns
    Gear: Wool Coats and Flat Caps added to spawns
    Gear: Farming hoe configured and spawns
    Gear: Long wooden ash stick
    Gear: M4 attachment green variants added
    Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed
    Graphics: Lighting from objects now is rendered during daytime also
    Graphics: HDR improved and tweaked slightly to perform better with bright lights in scene (i.e. flashlights etc...)
    Graphics: Engine supported point source light objects (e.g. Gaslamp) now working correctly
    Map: Olsha has been updated
    Map: Khelm has been updated
    Map: New rock formations outside Svetlo have been created
    Map: New Orthodox Chapel has been created
    Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map
    Map: Village pub configured for spawning loot
    Map: New villages surrounding Svetlo
    Map: Chernaya Polana town + surroundings added
    Map: Signs for "Chernaya Polana" added
    Medical: Players can have a heart attack (declared as "irregular pulse" with pulse checking actions)
    Weather: Rain, Clouds, Wind, calculated on server and distributed to clients
    Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet
    Zombies: Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies, pending more robust method

Fixed:
    Actions: Added 'inUseItem' back to action on target function
    Actions: Proper nutritional value will be added when eating near empty food
    Actions: Berry picking script messages to player improved.
    Actions: Removed duplicate option for crafting splint in action menu
    Actions: Fixed force drink message for action with waterbottle
    Actions: Eat all rice animation length modified
    Actions: Force feeding action now depletes right amount of food/drinks
    Actions: Water Bottle stays in hands after force drinking
    Actions: Eating cereals won't leave you with 0% box in your inventory anymore
    Actions: Fluids deplete properly after force drinking action
    Actions: Removed force feed action for disinfectant and alcohol tincture
    Actions: Crafting splint from bandages now uses whole disposable bandage and half of dressing bandage
    Actions: Ruined rags/bandages and wooden sticks doesn't produce infinite splints
    Actions: Clicking on Eat All action if amount of food is below 1/4 will result in playing only short eating animation
    Actions: Edited player messages in force drink action and fixing broken limbs
    Actions: Force feed/drink doesn't use whole quantity of some food/drink items also canteen is not destroyed after action
    Actions: Player message for drinking from well
    Animations: Bandage and eating pills animation glitch fixed.
    Animations: Holding animations of various weapon magazines correctly linked
    Animations: Player can now be properly knocked out while in water.
    Animations: New M4A1 reload animations.
    Animations: Various glitches when moving / changing stances fixed.
    Animations: Rolling left/right while zoomed in sights makes player zoom out for the duration of the roll.
    Animations: Evade animations in prone (Q and E) are faster now.
    Audio: Subsonic projectiles no longer emit supersonic crack
    Balance: Buffed damage of 762x39, 9mm, .22LR. Slightly nerfed shotgun pellets
    Gear: Added color variants of ballistic helmets into loot spawns
    Gear: Purification tablets package contains ten tablets now. Cholera removing functionality added.
    Gear: Painted SKS chambering
    Gear: Even lower chance of backpacks spawning on construction sites
    Gear: Changed inventory view of pitchfork
    Gear: Removed quantity value from burlap sack tooltip
    Gear: Display name for t-shirts with stripes
    Graphics: SSAO in options saved
    Graphics: Rain effect settings changed
    Graphics: Rain geometry optimized (28 bytes vs 12 bytes per vertex)
    Graphics: Spot light culling fixed
    Graphics: Fix of terrain intersections
    Graphics: Fix of geometry trace for flares
    Graphics: Rain now does not fall inside buildings for those on Lower/Disabled shadow settings
    Login: Failure during new character creation could cause player to get stuck as unconscious
    Map: Optimizations for Svetlo performance
    Map: Forests surrounding Svetlo bugfixes
    Medical: Would never actually die from zero health or blood due to medical conditions
    Medical: Epi-pens will now wake anyone (briefly) from unconsciousness even if blood very low
    Medical: Defibrillator used for restarting the heart of players who have a heart attack
    Medical: Unconsciousness had irregular and unpredictable behavior (epi-pens will now always wake an unconscious player, unless they are having a heart attack)
    Medical: Melee damage application system changed to better balance
    Medical: Chance of bleeding from fists reduced significantly
    Medical: Arm and leg ache messages fixed
    Medical: Disconnected players avatars did not take shock or blood damage
    Medical: Falling from height while sprinting did not kill player when it should have
    Medical: Player could vault with broken legs
    Network: Dropped items appeared only after a delay (now instant)
    Network: Inventory items causing desync due to non-guaranteed update spam (hotfix currently until guaranteed message change is complete)
    Network: Optimizations to network messaging updates should result in reduced bandwidth and some increases in FPS for clients/server
    Structures: Changed inheritance of barrier structures (due to errors in logs)
    Structures: Item disappearing when dropped from inventory on stairs or near walls
    Weapons: Long-range scope reticle properly centered
    Zombies: Zombies aims mostly for chest area now when attacking (stops the "helmet of armor" change)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Downloading at the moment :)

Can anybody suggest a good server with high loot and maybe some Irish players ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Tzardine wrote: »
    Downloading at the moment :)

Can anybody suggest a good server with high loot and maybe some Irish players ?

The Irish Guard or IrishDayz 24/7 Daylight. :)

Also, the fact that there is a m1911 in the game now should be enough reason to come back and play x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Is anybody having problems loading ammo into weapons. I have a 1911 and a double rifle. I have the correct ammo but it wont load. It is saying it wont fit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Have you found a clip for the 1911? You find alot of .45 ACP bullets laying around but you need a magazine to put the bullets in first.

The double rifle uses the 7.62x51 rounds. I am not sure if you need the clip loader to actually load the bullets in, I wouldn't think so considering the clip loader is an attachment.

If you don't have a M1911 magazine you'll need to find one to load the bullets into the magazine and then the magazine into the gun.

If you have the 7.62x51 rifle rounds, manually drag the ammo over the rifle to see if you can manually chamber the rounds in.

Gear: Tactical bacon configured and spawning on the server
    :pac:

bak47_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I see vomiting now has associated sound effects. Might have to check this out again!

Advertisement