Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do they not test the patches at all? As you said, it was always like that on patch day with the mod, and it looks like nothing has changed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

They test them on experimental servers for up to a couple days before releasing to the public servers. The strain is bigger on the public servers so that's why we get some of the issues. In fairness to them though, it is still very much in alpha stage & they are excellent at telling the public of their goings on & always quick to fix patch issues.

Yeah, i suppose. Plus, as it's Alpha, we are the ones testing the patches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yup pretty much, I actually rarely play it now. I do have the urge to go back to it every now & then but I really just want them to add random spawning all over the map. Fed up with the east coast spawns

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yup pretty much, I actually rarely play it now. I do have the urge to go back to it every now & then but I really just want them to add random spawning all over the map. Fed up with the east coast spawns

The item spawning is my little pet hate. You see few doors open in area, well good luck, you might take another 20 min run to other village. Or just go to one of the airfields and hope the servers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The item spawning is my little pet hate. You see few doors open in area, well good luck, you might take another 20 min run to other village. Or just go to one of the airfields and hope the servers.

Ah heor. 20 mins takes you through about 6 towns. Agree though that the game will really change come loot respawns.

Hang on, loot doesn't even respawn? Does the server need to be restarted before you can loot again?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Kiith wrote: »
    Hang on, loot doesn't even respawn? Does the server need to be restarted before you can loot again?

ah ffs..that explains why I'm finding nothing...screw it..I'll hold off till they fix that back in

Blazer wrote: »
    ah ffs..that explains why I'm finding nothing...screw it..I'll hold off till they fix that back in

Could be a while before that happens. Still quite enjoyable. Never hard to find gear. Servers generally reset every 2-3 hours too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

That is some nice shooting :D

Also i friendly thing to do, are you sure this is dayz standalone??? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its a wonder somebody did not blast you out of it the moment you stood up..:)

I was fully expecting the guy on the ground to pull out a gun and try to shoot him.

We've another Irish server up and running on the standalone if anyone is looking for somewhere to play.
    Called IrishDayz I think :pac:

EDIT: Here
    1-2411706-560x95--FF5519-FFFFFF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Decided to try playing as a UN peacekeeping squad. It's quite fun!

Squaredude wrote: »
    Decided to try playing as a UN peacekeeping squad. It's quite fun!

Looks good man, only thing i will say that in this game and it being a very different community from the mod no one is going to put there guns down if they spot a fully geared guy poking around a fence at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 agentcrow

Timmyctc wrote: »
    We've another Irish server up and running on the standalone if anyone is looking for somewhere to play.
    Called IrishDayz I think :pac:

EDIT: Here
    1-2411706-560x95--FF5519-FFFFFF.png

A breath of fresh air this server for newbs like myself,just started playing dayz saturday gone and was being shat on constantly..
    I see theres a group/teamspeak ? which i hope i can get on this weekend when i pick up a headset and you will be gentle with me and throw me a few tips

Steam name redskull59
    in game name Crow..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Bought this game first hour it came out only to play around with settings, for me it runs worse than mod for some reason, even breaking aesthetics with SceneComplexity won't let me past 40 in rural areas. So i'll be sticking to mod for a while I guess, or until vehicles and base building goes live.
    Also negative mouse acceleration... seriously, whoever came up with that idea is the worst person alive...

/waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

There's a fix things you can amend in config files that can help you get an extra 10-15 FPS. I can't link anything at the moment but if you google about DayZ Standalone FPS fixes you should be able to come across some of them.

Also decrease your graphics for the moment anyway, you'll get better FPS and ironically having lower graphics settings is an advantage (as is with the normal DayZ mod)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Hi all, i have started playing on the IrishDayz server is there any clans or groups playing regularly? and with teamspeak? i started off in electro and did not twig the pvp msg, i was killed several times, then i started shooting onsight too, got in a standoff with some cork dude and came out on top then his buddy got me, i managed to snipe a pair of people coming out of the police station, but again got killed trying to loot the bodies, a lesson to be learned there.
    not a whole lot of fun going solo particularly in pvp. i ended up spawning at the very top right town, and headed inland to the first airfield, happened upon another player and went our separate ways, then encountered another player at the airfield but he crapped himself and started panicing over voice and logged out which was quite funny.
    moved further inland visiting the castle and then headed to the big airfield, some great loot around there on the hunt for an m4 :)

happy to team up with others this eve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Cravez wrote: »
    There's a fix things you can amend in config files that can help you get an extra 10-15 FPS. I can't link anything at the moment but if you google about DayZ Standalone FPS fixes you should be able to come across some of them.

Also decrease your graphics for the moment anyway, you'll get better FPS and ironically having lower graphics settings is an advantage (as is with the normal DayZ mod)

Thanks, but I've done it all. I've spent literary hours squeezing last bit of fps in all Arma games with both config files over these years, mate. That includes OC, ramdisks, SSD, you name it.

I am getting smooth 40-60 fps on my own server in epoch with over 1700 objects spawned and 3 different AI systems, and that's on AMD. FPS would generally degrade if players from US joins with higher latency and spawns ton of zombies around them. The reason is - when Dean decided to do optimizations, instead of using headless clients to process AI, he pushed zed processing to normal clients (hence why combat logging deletes zeds around you -because client is the one that spawns them), a process that creates desync on high latencies. Then servers started using private hives, but nobody bothered changing it back to fully server side.
    For example - if I jump into 3D editor to add some custom buildings or missions to my server, i'd get 50-60 fps in cherno. So obviously the fps drop to low 20-30s is generated by players/zeds/loot spawns. Thankfully infistar admin tool has a cleanup script that deletes most of this clutter.
    What I also noticed was - upon generating mission or spawning loot/ai (watching logs), server performance degrades by 10-20fps and takes about 2 minutes to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

johnboyire wrote: »
    Hi all, i have started playing on the IrishDayz server is there any clans or groups playing regularly? and with teamspeak? i started off in electro and did not twig the pvp msg, i was killed several times, then i started shooting onsight too, got in a standoff with some cork dude and came out on top then his buddy got me, i managed to snipe a pair of people coming out of the police station, but again got killed trying to loot the bodies, a lesson to be learned there.
    not a whole lot of fun going solo particularly in pvp. i ended up spawning at the very top right town, and headed inland to the first airfield, happened upon another player and went our separate ways, then encountered another player at the airfield but he crapped himself and started panicing over voice and logged out which was quite funny.
    moved further inland visiting the castle and then headed to the big airfield, some great loot around there on the hunt for an m4 :)

I think you met Timmy last night somewhere! We're on the Gaellords server most nights if we're playing!

You also ran into a few of our buddies at the northern fire station of elektro a few days ago :pac:

johnboyire wrote: »

That was me you bumped into in the NEAF. Caught ye with yer pants down ;) :P ComradeBackpack is my ingame name. We use the gaellords.com teamspeak most nights if yer around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

I'm completely new to this, how do I even find that server?
    It shows no results when I search it :/
    I am also stuck in a house with broken legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

Eoghan S wrote: »

Stuck in a house with broken legs :)

I think you need morphene (in-game) or something? But you can only use it in a hospital :D Have a pleasant journey :D

Oh driving cars in the mod still works with broken legs apparently, standalone has no cars.

Good luck :D

Alternatively climb to a high point and jump off to suicide

Eoghan S wrote: »

When you search (click on filter) for a server put the address part (Thats the part with the series of numbers) where it says Host afair. Alternatively. On the main server list click the "Host" tab, to sort by name and go down to the 'I's and you'll see it there. If you want to save it for future use, when you've highlighted the server on the server menu click "Add to favourites" at the bottom. :)

I can come find you and give you morpheine if you can figure out where you are also :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Colonial wrote: »
    Stuck in a house with broken legs :)

I think you need morphene (in-game) or something? But you can only use it in a hospital :D Have a pleasant journey :D

Oh driving cars in the mod still works with broken legs apparently, standalone has no cars.

Good luck :D

Alternatively climb to a high point and jump off to suicide
    I know right lol ;)

Screen went all grey after a zombie attack, then I fell down a couple of steps in a barn, crawled to a nearby house, somehow managed to get in, and there I was stuck in a chair :P
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    When you search (click on filter) for a server put the address part (Thats the part with the series of numbers) where it says Host afair. Alternatively. On the main server list click the "Host" tab, to sort by name and go down to the 'I's and you'll see it there. If you want to save it for future use, when you've highlighted the server on the server menu click "Add to favourites" at the bottom. :)

I can come find you and give you morpheine if you can figure out where you are also :pac:
    It doesn't say Host afair for me, it says "Host" or "Mission" below it, then there are just the average settings for ping, no. of people, etc
    I also tried searching for it, but I couldn't for the life of me spot it :P
    Hopefully, it's getting awfully boring up here!

EDIT: I found it! Finally :P
    It was hidden cause it had a ping of 170 :/
    AAnyway, I respawned which I was delighted about, and then once I joined the IrishDayZ, I was cast back into my little house, stuck once again with my crippled, defenceless body...
    I hope I die.

If you need a hand getting on your feet (pun intended :P) send me a PM with your location ill try grab some morphine and head your way.

Cravez wrote: »
    If you need a hand getting on your feet (pun intended :P) send me a PM with your location ill try grab some morphine and head your way.

If he has a broken leg then you will need sticks and bandages of rags and make a splint, morphine doesn't work for broken legs

• Advertisement

Ahh ok, that's even easier so!

Advertisement