Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Ok, so I'm just after escaping my house, somehow I found sticks, and I'm now stuck in another house...
    Is all I need a t-shirt now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

If he has a broken leg then you will need sticks and bandages of rags and make a splint, morphine doesn't work for broken legs

Yeah it does!
    Eoghan S wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm just after escaping my house, somehow I found sticks, and I'm now stuck in another house...
    Is all I need a t-shirt now?

If you're already wearing a T-shirt you can rip that one up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

If he has a broken leg then you will need sticks and bandages of rags and make a splint, morphine doesn't work for broken legs

Morpheine fixes all fractures and broken limbs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Morpheine fixes all fractures and broken limbs etc.

Morphine never worked for me and my friend, I got shot and broke my legs at the north west airfield and we tried everything, morphine, painkillers, epi pen, sayleen bag, the works and nothing fixed them. So he had to run to the town south west of the airfield and grab sticks and rags, they were the only thing that fixed it. I know in the mod that morphine worked but not in the stand alone, unless they have added it. When that happened It was about two months ago and we have used sticks and rags ever since. When we come across them we make a splint and Cary it around with us.

Morphine never worked for me and my friend, I got shot and broke my legs at the north west airfield and we tried everything, morphine, painkillers, epi pen, sayleen bag, the works and nothing fixed them. So he had to run to the town south west of the airfield and grab sticks and rags, they were the only thing that fixed it. I know in the mod that morphine worked but not in the stand alone, unless they have added it. When that happened It was about two months ago and we have used sticks and rags ever since. When we come across them we make a splint and Cary it around with us.

Its been fixing broken limbs since they fixed the logout and back in trick!

Maybe you unknowingly tried to use a ruined one? As it definitely works!

• Advertisement

Its been fixing broken limbs since they fixed the logout and back in trick!

Maybe you unknowingly tried to use a ruined one? As it definitely works!

When was that fix? Cos everything we tried was pristeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah morphine definitely works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Your friend probably applies it on himself by accident. Morpheine has cured broken limbs since morphine was introduced into the game

Your friend probably applies it on himself by accident. Morpheine has cured broken limbs since morphine was introduced into the game

Probably, but either way now we don't go anywhere without a splint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

That was me you bumped into in the NEAF. Caught ye with yer pants down ;) :P ComradeBackpack is my ingame name. We use the gaellords.com teamspeak most nights if yer around.

ah yes!, there was another guy there too hes the one that logged! im heading south now from the sabor towns back towards electro , I have "pain in the leg" though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

How do I get out of being stuck in a building?

nvm got out

How do I get out of being stuck in a building?

I'm not sure if you're glitching out like I was, half in the floor, half out, but I just logged out and back in twice, then sprinted for a bit until I got out.
    Do you have broken legs? I find crawling in first person through doorways gets you through!

To everyone else, I was saved by some lovely chap whom I expected to shoot me, instead he helped me, gave me supplies, and we went our seperate ways.
    Thanks you, you random saviour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

so is electro the busiest town in game? does anyone bother going further west to the capital?

johnboyire wrote: »
    so is electro the busiest town in game? does anyone bother going further west to the capital?

As in cherno? I dont go there cos my FPS drops to a unplayable level.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

I logged out in Cherno, the server that I was on wasn't really populated so I stocked up on food and drinks. I'm still fairly new to the standalone but I'll be on tomorrow if anyone is up for a game.

johnboyire wrote: »

Berezino would be the busiest town at the moment, I would say.

I logged out in Cherno, the server that I was on wasn't really populated so I stocked up on food and drinks. I'm still fairly new to the standalone but I'll be on tomorrow if anyone is up for a game.

The Irish server? I did the same today and found guns and ammo, before some camper shot me to bits :(
    I'm still up for a game though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Jaysus, had a bit of a game there and the game is pretty buggy. It's been a while but I don't remember it being that bad. Weapon switching and movement speed just doing its own thing as I go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Yes, still very buggy. I had a 100+ day old character, randomly walked off a roof of school in Vybor. Fully loaded with over 400rounds for m4a1 & plenty of kills....

Ahwell, it is a alpha after all. Soon* we will have a game thats as intense as the old mod was on the boards server.....

*within the next few years?

Eoghan S wrote: »
    The Irish server? I did the same today and found guns and ammo, before some camper shot me to bits :(
    I'm still up for a game though ;)

I'm on now if ye are. My Steam name is: the_domonator

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Soon* we will have a game thats as intense as the old mod was on the boards server.....

*within the next few years?

Awh dude I do hope you are right!! I miss those days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Tried the standalone properly today for the first time there in a few months. It's getting better. The desync has improved a lot, and the new cities up north are cool. Seems to be a better variety of items, though still hard to find anything because I don't think they've implemented respawning yet. The new throwing physics are cool, but still need work to get rid of the lag behind it. So it's a good bit better than it was a few months ago, but still a long way to go.

Well this is annoying. I was playing on a random UK server and when I tried to log back in I got a message saying that my character failed to load and has been reset. Lost a fully geared character tsk tsk. Now I have to run for an hour just to find a banana again.....

Well this is annoying. I was playing on a random UK server and when I tried to log back in I got a message saying that my character failed to load and has been reset. Lost a fully geared character tsk tsk. Now I have to run for an hour just to find a banana again.....

Someone killed you when you logged out ;)

Someone killed you when you logged out ;)

Hmm I dunno. I was in a safe spot and there wasn't anyone around me. Just one of those glitches I suppose.

Hmm I dunno. I was in a safe spot and there wasn't anyone around me. Just one of those glitches I suppose.

Its only come up for me/people I know if someone/zombie has killed you while logging out, could have been someone following you!

Have seen it done a few times.

Its only come up for me/people I know if someone/zombie has killed you while logging out, could have been someone following you!

Have seen it done a few times.

The sneaky little....Have to stop playing solo, it's not only boring but too risky. Especially for me as I'm not the camping type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone played in the 100 man servers? A lot of lag? With the size of the map 100 person servers sound cracking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not with the stupid current spawning system. Everyone still spawns on the east coast. So Berizino etc will be empty & full of guys camping the coast. The sooner they get people spawning in all over the map the better!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does loot still only spawn after the server is restarted? I really do want to get back into it, but not having loot spawn is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Advertisement