Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kiith wrote: »
    Does loot still only spawn after the server is restarted? I really do want to get back into it, but not having loot spawn is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Yup. It isn't too bad if you head in land, most people seem to stay on the east coast. But getting in land is hard enough without some food and water first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

I'm on now if ye are. My Steam name is: the_domonator

Up for a game?
    My steam is Slickster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭PMC83

Is there an actual plan to have random spawning?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭deadcensus

well anyone playin standalone tonight? usaually play the arma mod but cant find my way around without a map i need someone to blood bag havnt got a clue where i am im in the next town after the ship wreak in the pub really need blood bagin my blood type is a+ please help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Who is the pussy that logged after getting shot and headed into the forest area behind the warehouse in the middle of the runway up at the north west airfield about 10 min ago????

Who ever it was was wearing a blue UN helmet. We weren't exspecting to see anyone considering there was only 4 people on when we joined, but as soon as I logged in I saw him run out of the prison building next to the fire station.

I waited for him to get to a open part and stand still for a second, once he did I shot him in the chest he started off into the forest and 3 of my team mates made our after him, but by the time they got there he logged. :(

Shame on who ever it was, SHAME I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

What happens when we get bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Not with the stupid current spawning system. Everyone still spawns on the east coast. So Berizino etc will be empty & full of guys camping the coast. The sooner they get people spawning in all over the map the better!

Done for getting more PVP no doubt, makes it easier to get people's opinion on combat, spawnkilling, etc.... Everything is done for a reason. The upside, Balota/Cherno/Electro are deserted and so you can kit out heavy pretty quick once there.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

So hello all, have 150h + on DayZ SA, usually play with a friend of mine. Discovered the IrishDayZ server the other day, seems a fair few boards members on that server? Is there another Irish server also?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Just played a few mins of the new update. Seems like mouse control is a lot smoother. Found myself some binoculars, pretty good zoom on them. Axe doesn't seem to have any effect on killing zeds for some reason, but might have jus been a bug on my end. Not sure if the time is accelerated as in the experimental patch, only played for about 15mins and there wasn't much change in brightness/darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

The day/night cycle is screwed up, it's night for some and day for others. Needs to be fixed asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I hate the fact they changed the sensitivity, I have my sensitivity at 0 now and it's still insanely high, nothing more annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Is there just the one Irish server we're on right now? Just wondering what everyones on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

I'm loving the new changes tbh.

I played a few hours in the dark last night on a high pop server and it was great fun. Wandering through the flats in the dark to find blood and bodies everywhere from a previous gun battle and then to see the culprit in the corner pointing a Blaze at my face saying "hellloooo" in a creepy chucky voice. This games has great potential and first game in ages to make my heart race.

All I need now is to get better at shooting with the Mosin. Bloody hard to get long distance shots. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Just got this today and i must say im loving it.
    What server do you guys play on mostly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Whatever has the lowest ping.=)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

bogwalrus wrote: »
    All I need now is to get better at shooting with the Mosin. Bloody hard to get long distance shots. Any tips?

Dunno really. Practice I guess. I'm assuming you know how the zeroing works with the long range scope. Hold right click to steady your aim temporarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

We have an Irish Server. Called IrishDayz. The Address is posted on the previous page afair. Just in from work here so cant be arsed looking for it again sorry :P

Timmyctc wrote: »
    We've another Irish server up and running on the standalone if anyone is looking for somewhere to play.
    Called IrishDayz I think :pac:

EDIT: Here
    1-2411706-560x95--FF5519-FFFFFF.png

Ah sure there it is!

Thank you I'll get in in about ten minutes. Do you guys uses mic's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you want to work well as a squad mics are kind of essential.

• Advertisement

Tried to find people and kept getting killed on sight. Great first experience lol

Tried to find people and kept getting killed on sight. Great first experience lol

You will be best off finding people on here to team up with first, trying to talk to people in game is nearly impossible because of the KOS that goes on in this game.

There is a few teamspeak servers that everyone uses, our one is "gimmegaming.com"

We are on most nights if not every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

What's the craic with zombies sponging the fire axe? Is it bugged or working as intended since the latest patch?

You will be best off finding people on here to team up with first, trying to talk to people in game is nearly impossible because of the KOS that goes on in this game.

There is a few teamspeak servers that everyone uses, our one is "gimmegaming.com"

We are on most nights if not every night.
    Ahh cool. Teamspeak is much better then ingame speak.
    I'll be on tonight if anybody would like a game.
    My user name is steam name is shafty91the feel free to add me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

What's the craic with zombies sponging the fire axe? Is it bugged or working as intended since the latest patch?

Bug in the new stable. 1 headshot still does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Bug in the new stable. 1 headshot still does the trick.

Ah right, was getting worried that they decided to make the zombies invincible. I must have hit a zombie 8 times and it still kept coming, I had no choice but to get the hell outta there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Deadly game, finding it hard to find guns tho, where's the place where everyone goes?

Boaty wrote: »
    Deadly game, finding it hard to find guns tho, where's the place where everyone goes?

There is a good few places for gear, balota airfield bottom left of the map is one. That is rich with everything you will need, guns army gear e.g combats, backpacks, m9 helmets the works.

Then ther is the north west airfield, you will find more there but it is a long run up to it.

And of coarse every town now has some buildings that have them, you just need to know what ones and where. They have put in police buildings now in to almost every medium to large towns, they are always spawning gun. The back store room of shops I have found a lot of sks and mosin riffles.

Schools, up the top floor there is one room you can only go into, that spawns guns.

And lastly the fire stations, mostly handguns but on some ocations you will come across a riffle.

That's about it, if you don't know what they look like just google them and there will have a picture of them. They haven't changed the look of the buildings from the mod to the standalone.

Happy looting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

good to know...really must get back into it.,..I only get maybe an hour a night.
    I'm on the IrishdayZ server but it doesn't seem too populated atm.
    Is there any other servers that people play on?

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    good to know...really must get back into it.,..I only get maybe an hour a night.
    I'm on the IrishdayZ server but it doesn't seem too populated atm.
    Is there any other servers that people play on?

The IrishDayZ one I personally like, however the day/night cycle is starting to bug me there.
    You can also find weapons in large mansion-like "piano houses" in some towns.

Advertisement