Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Eoghan S wrote: »
    The IrishDayZ one I personally like, however the day/night cycle is starting to bug me there.
    You can also find weapons in large mansion-like "piano houses" in some towns.

I think the day/night cycle is partly local, as I have been playing with people, and it was night time for them, and daytime for me, so there may be a few small problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I think the day/night cycle is partly local, as I have been playing with people, and it was night time for them, and daytime for me, so there may be a few small problems with it.

I think that's to do with video settings.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Eoghan S wrote: »
    The IrishDayZ one I personally like, however the day/night cycle is starting to bug me there.
    You can also find weapons in large mansion-like "piano houses" in some towns.
    dazftw wrote: »
    I think that's to do with video settings.

Whatever the case it has been an issue since the last patch. Very annoying when you're straining your eyes to see in pitch black in a standoff and your opponent could be there in the middle of the day on his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Whatever the case it has been an issue since the last patch. Very annoying when you're straining your eyes to see in pitch black in a standoff and your opponent could be there in the middle of the day on his game.

Whaaat? Surely that's not the case? Is day/night not server set?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Have to say it's really irritating, some fellow shot at me and some friends while we were lying down under a tree in the pitch black for us, either he had some weird ass settings on that let him have full night vision, or it was daytime for him. There was no way we would have been seen naturally, we also weren't followed as we had a guy behind us to make sure...
    This wasn't happening before the update, it seems whenever they fix one issue, ten more spring up.
    The invincible zombies are extremely annoying, I no longer feel safe with just an axe :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Met a pleasant guy from up north today on a random server. Traded ammo with him and gave him a 1911. I crashed to desktop and he guarded my character. Got back in and we decided to go towards the shots we were hearing. Kept hearing voices over direct chat but couldn't find whoever it was. They found us first though and I got shot from somewhere. :(

Love this game, no idea why I haven't played for so long.

Avoiding airfields at the moment though, wall glitchers are ruining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

A quick clip of a hacker we encountered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

What's the story with the wall glitching? I haven't played this in a good while so haven't encountered it but just want to be on the look out when I do play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Cravez wrote: »
    What's the story with the wall glitching? I haven't played this in a good while so haven't encountered it but just want to be on the look out when I do play it.

From what ive gathered, you can face the corner of some walls in the jails and press V to vault. And you end up behind the walls. You can shoot through some of them and move around the building. So when people come into the building you can just pop them from nowhere

2KXXTno.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Squaredude wrote: »
    A quick clip of a hacker we encountered

I didnt spot anything. Who was hacking? The character that appeared just logged or glitched through the wall. I've glitched through loads of walls and floors.

• Advertisement

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I didnt spot anything. Who was hacking? The character that appeared just logged or glitched through the wall. I've glitched through loads of walls and floors.
    He appeared and head shotted 2 of our squad through a wall then disappeared. Definitely a hacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Ye the day/night cycle on the Irish server is getting annoying, can't see anything. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Ye the day/night cycle on the Irish server is getting annoying, can't see anything. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    very annoying. We've no control over it either. Its not synced for all players either. Very stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

very annoying. We've no control over it either. Its not synced for all players either. Very stupid.

Server admins should have? day cycle X4 X8 X16 or something I believe?

That's bad, it's really putting me off the Irish server, it gets far too dark after very little in game time, and frustrates me to no end :pac:

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Server admins should have? day cycle X4 X8 X16 or something I believe?

Not allowing us to do it on our dashboard. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I just can't get myself into SA, yes it's Alpha but the updates have done shag all to improve the gameplay. Got back into Overwatch on Arma II, now that's a quality mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I just can't get myself into SA, yes it's Alpha but the updates have done shag all to improve the gameplay. Got back into Overwatch on Arma II, now that's a quality mod.

Exact same with me. Just think there's some things missing. I feel as if the gunplay is bad and movement is a bit clunkier than Arma 2. Not to mention the even worse lag in cities and the desync issues. Yes it is in Alpha but it's taking a long time to roll out updates, even after they "expanded" their development team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yeah not holding my breath with this I'm afraid. Any of ye still playing other mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I play Epoch a fair bit and its great, and sometimes overwatch.

I don't mind the bugs and stuff in the standalone, its mostly the lack of content that bores me, especially the fact that theres no vehicles. Its been a long time since the early days of the mod where vehicles were very rare and running everywhere was the norm, I just can't be arsed with running for 15 or 20 mins anymore.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't even mind the running if vehicles were there, just very very rare. There is literally no endgame atm so all there is to do is gear up. Fight. Die by hacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Having no vehicles sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭PMC83

Good bit of fun tonight, played for about 2 hours. Killed multiple times, not easy to be a lone wolf! Funnily enough I managed to catch up with original killers from the start of the night and retrieve my backpack with most of my stuff still in it! They had obviously bitten off more then they could chew..

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Is the Irish Dayz server gone? Was looking for it last night but had disappeared from list. Any preferred alternative server, tired of lone wolfing.

Wasted wrote: »
    Is the Irish Dayz server gone? Was looking for it last night but had disappeared from list. Any preferred alternative server, tired of lone wolfing.

I think it's gone too, unless they changed the address for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭PMC83

Was there an update? I'm spawning way off the cost now, and theres cross bows!

Couple of weeks ago, sometimes spawns you inland too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

95% of the spawns are still on the east coast & most of them are in Berizino

• Advertisement

Nice shootin there Squaredude.

Advertisement