Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Any news about the soundtrack coming back? Miss those spooky metalic sounding effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Dayz Melee in a nutshell:

p8WVTYz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Korvanica wrote: »
    Dayz Melee in a nutshell:

p8WVTYz.jpg
    hahahaha are they making a dayz movie???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

I still have this sitting in my Steam inventory as a gift - how does it play on older PCs (I have an E8400 and GTX460)?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Dair. wrote: »
    I still have this sitting in my Steam inventory as a gift - how does it play on older PCs (I have an E8400 and GTX460)?

Should be ok on low / medium settings at 720p res or equivalent. To be honest the game as it is can be slow on monster rigs so its a matter of trying and playing with options.

• Advertisement

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Should be ok on low / medium settings at 720p res or equivalent. To be honest the game as it is can be slow on monster rigs so its a matter of trying and playing with options.

Thanks man. May give it a bash at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Hey guys,

Just picked up DayZ SA recently and am looking to hook up with some of the boards.ie players. Cremkie on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Hey guys,

Just picked up DayZ SA recently and am looking to hook up with some of the boards.ie players. Cremkie on steam.

I'll add you when I'm on, if youre new to SA, or DayZ even, join low pops to loot up, and then join high pops once you grow bored of looting and want to die :D

Eoghan S wrote: »
    I'll add you when I'm on, if youre new to SA, or DayZ even, join low pops to loot up, and then join high pops once you grow bored of looting and want to die :D

Played for a but tonight. My biggest problem seems to be with killing the zombies. They hit from like 10-15 feet away and are SUPER fast. WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Not to mention they are broke in the current version, they are literally hit sponges and it takes tons of attacks to even kill them. Hopefully gets fixed in the next version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

source code may have been stolen from their servers apparently

COYVB wrote: »
    source code may have been stolen from their servers apparently

Confirmed - I can't post links, but Rock Paper Shotgun and a few others are running with the story this morning. BI's statement reads;
    “We have recently detected an attack on some of our servers, the precise nature and scope of this attack is currently being extensively investigated. There were no user data on any of the servers. Current development goals and schedules for our games will not be affected by this attack.”

“More information will follow as our investigation continues.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Nice video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Not sure if posted but for anyone looking at getting this. It's 15% off atm. Not sure for how long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Given i haven't played Dayz since it was a mod about a year and a half ago is it worth picking up now? I didn't enjoy it much when i played it back then as it just seemed i was running around on my own for ages in the dark before i got picked off by some bandit. Has the whole dayz experience gotten better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Game is on sale. 15% off for Bohemia's 15th anniversary.

Seems hypocritical to have the game on sale with them being so persistent on people not buying it until it's more complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Given i haven't played Dayz since it was a mod about a year and a half ago is it worth picking up now? I didn't enjoy it much when i played it back then as it just seemed i was running around on my own for ages in the dark before i got picked off by some bandit. Has the whole dayz experience gotten better?

I enjoy it greatly, but on your own it's not half as good.
    My advice: Get some friends.
    Some friends that play it of course, I wasnt questioning your fellowship :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If you don't want to invest in the standalone just yet, you can try one of the mods of the dayz mod (for example Epoch or Origins). Personally i'v found Origins to be the best variant of the DayZ mod.

But as Eoghan said, regardless of which it's best teaming up with a few mates.

I'm looking to team up with people. Usually play late @ night. Cremkie on steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any ideas on the authentication error, only started an hour ago and I get kicked from servers after 30secs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Varik wrote: »
    Any ideas on the authentication error, only started an hour ago and I get kicked from servers after 30secs.

Normally when Steam is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Normally when Steam is down.

Still happening, seems to be for specific servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

They need to put in tents or vehicles as soon as possible, to at least have some point to playing the game. Now its just shoot on sight, no matter if your a fresh spawn or not.

Sat on top of the industrial buildings in cherno, not one person about. Walked through electro with ease, can raid the NWAF without being bothered. These are things you could never have done in the mod, they just need to do something to get that bit of magic back asap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It's called "Call of Duty - Berizino" at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

They should let modding community in and watch their work done for them faster and free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Resonator75

Never have I seen something with so much visceral attraction become such a dry ****e of a thing in me life.

Stand Alone's fps is great for me, I like new cherno, but the whole thing is dead to me at this stage, drowned in expectation and hype.COD berezino is bang on it.

Origins and Epoch still hold a lot more attraction than SA. Permanent Alpha and promise lists, I mean come on....They act like they are figuring out the human genome finishing this bloody game. Filling it with petty sh1te and the zeds still teleport thru the walls.

Enough with the clothes and crafting, sort out the pricking basics FFS!!

After Arma 3 (Vanilla)and Dayz SA, BI wont get a cent out of me for a while.

Saying that A3 with Hetman and Bcombat is sublime...Love / Hate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Never have I seen something with so much visceral attraction become such a dry ****e of a thing in me life.

Stand Alone's fps is great for me, I like new cherno, but the whole thing is dead to me at this stage, drowned in expectation and hype.COD berezino is bang on it.

Origins and Epoch still hold a lot more attraction than SA. Permanent Alpha and promise lists, I mean come on....They act like they are figuring out the human genome finishing this bloody game. Filling it with petty sh1te and the zeds still teleport thru the walls.

Enough with the clothes and crafting, sort out the pricking basics FFS!!

After Arma 3 (Vanilla)and Dayz SA, BI wont get a cent out of me for a while.

Saying that A3 with Hetman and Bcombat is sublime...Love / Hate...

If I was a ruthless billionaire tycoon I'd make everyone who makes posts like this get the alpha warning tattoo'd on their face.

Games an Alpha, there are going to be periods where they add loads of new stuff and there are going to be periods where it stagnates.

Different programmers work on different parts of the game. Considering the clothing has been largely implemented its easy to simply add a new object of that type for example. Wheras things like pathfinding for zombies or collision detection on a larger scale take more time and different skill sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

raymix wrote: »
    They should let modding community in and watch their work done for them faster and free

I wouldn't be surprised if they leaked the source code on purpose so that would happen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

As far as I can see, the whole DayZ concept as a standalone never really got the focus (resource wise) that it deserved right from the off.

The open world zombie concept had (and still has) so much potential but I am now more than ever convinced that Dean Hall/his crew and the DayZ name are not the people nor the brand to bring it forward.

For a game like this to work or rather, for the game to work to the standard and expectations we've laid out, it needs serious financial muscle. That can either come about my a publisher pumping millions into the project or alternatively, Rocket should have set up a Kickstarter campaign. There was no reason why he couldn't have done the latter. DayZ was huge for quite a while on YouTube and there isn't a doubt in my mind they could have raised thirty plus million to hire experienced, talented and skilled developers, animators, modelers etc etc. It could have been something very special. Instead they opted for a three man band in their parents basement job and thats exactly what we got.

This game will never live up to that image we had in our heads.

Long live H1Z1. I hope it buries DayZ for good. I was a huge DayZ fan and now I hope this definition of mediocrity is wiped clean from everyones mind this time next year never so much as to be even whispered about ever again.

If they think they it's acceptable to charge people money for a game and then expect others to finish it for them they can go and take a running jump.

Worst 25 quid I've spend gaming wise that I can remember. Would have got more satisfaction throwing my money down the toilet.

Advertisement