Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

They really need to work on fixing the hacker problem as one of the priorities, it will become a disease for the game down the line if it doesn't. It's already starting to put me off playing the game at all until there is some sort of proper safeguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dead_Shot

CHANGELOG: Stable - 0.46.124490

Known Issues:
    Crash caused by Fireplace kit in players Inventory
    Character cloning
    Player can look through walls
    Zombies are spawning on spot of their death
    Player is stuck in building after reconnect
    Player cannot respawn properly when he has drowned
    Shadow related client FPS drops
    When restrained in unconscious player stays in restrained state till he reconnects

New:
    Actions: You can sort out good ammunition from a ruined stack
    Animations: New reload animations for Longhorn and a second reload for the Crossbow.
    Animations: New reload for B95 double rifle.
    Animations: MP5K reload Animations
    Animations: Added aimed pose for sitting with rifle.
    Animations: Drinking from pond and well.
    Loot: Added MP5 with magazines
    Loot: Added military Pilotka side cap
    Map: Karmanovka has returned
    Map: Novodmitrovsk has been added
    Map: Industrial area of Novodmitrovsk has been added.
    Map: Tenement area near Novodmitrovsk has been added.
    Map: Dobroe village is added.
    Map: New administrative buildings has been added in Novo.
    Item: Flashbang grenade
    Item: Hand grenade
    Item: Added green and black color variants of the ZSh3 helmet. Can be crafted.
    Sound: Play sound when using the bow.

Fixed:
    Actions: Painting 75 akm drum magazine
    Actions: Crafting fur backpack
    Actions: AKM buttstock painting
    Actions: Breaking apart backpacks, down into parts
    Actions: Leather backpack crafting
    Actions: Raised chance to ignite fire in wind
    Actions: Fixed crash with meat duplication in fireplace/inventory
    Actions: Can't eat meat directly from the fireplace
    Animations: Fixed hand movement at the end of SKS reloading.
    Animations: Hand clipping in unarmed run.
    Animations: Crouch walks and runs replaced with new animations.
    Animations: Crouch idle pose adjusted to better show items in player's hand.
    Animations: Sprint with gun replaced with new animation.
    Animations: Jump and vualt animations updated
    Animations: Hand poses added for granades, pelts, alcohol tincture, fishing rod, magazines, woods.
    Animations: Zombie attack animations polished.
    Animations: Gestures poses fixed.
    Animations: Two handed arming animations fixed.
    Animations: Fixed an issue where surrender kept getting cancelled when used with one handed melee weapons
    Animations: Fixed an issue where vomiting was not working properly with 2 handed melee weapons
    Animations: Fixed an issue where drinking animation was not playing when the player was in prone
    Animations: Throwing items reconfigured, staying wound up should not prevent the player from getting knocked down or cuffed
    Animations: Leaning tweaked in transitional states, should now allow for smoother transitions while leaning
    Animations: Fixed an issue where the character would not roll left/right with binocs in raised prone state
    Gear: Alpha sorting in alcohol tincture model
    Item: Hacksaw hand placement
    Sound: Arrow loading
    Sound: Arrow ejecting
    Sound: Fishing bait check

Still waiting on tents to be added or even a bike!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Zombies still walk through walls? **** off Bohemia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Zombies still walk through walls? **** off Bohemia.

That's the pathfinding, they are in the middle of completely re-doing that.

That's the pathfinding, they are in the middle of completely re-doing that.

So yes? Grand so. I'll continue to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Every patch that comes out contains game breaking "known issues" that make me put this back in the over to wait for the next patch, rinse, and repeat. Seriously, fix that stuff before you work on adding new animations. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Every patch that comes out contains game breaking "known issues" that make me put this back in the over to wait for the next patch, rinse, and repeat. Seriously, fix that stuff before you work on adding new animations. :(

Fixing some things breaks others. If the issues aren't major, releasing all the new stuff is better than waiting and fixing the small issues that may lead to even more things breaking.

Fixing some things breaks others. If the issues aren't major, releasing all the new stuff is better than waiting and fixing the small issues that may lead to even more things breaking.

You say that as if it were a universal truth. It's not.

THE ZOMBIES STILL RUN THROUGH WALLS.

That's as game breaking as they come. They've bandied this pathfinding excuse around long enough. Sort it out before you let me weild a new type of gun or paint some stupid magazines.

You say that as if it were a universal truth. It's not.

When it comes to games/software development it pretty much is. Especially in early alpha stage.
    THE ZOMBIES STILL RUN THROUGH WALLS.

That's as game breaking as they come. They've bandied this pathfinding excuse around long enough. Sort it out before you let me weild a new type of gun or paint some stupid magazines.

I don't disagree that it's bad, and that it should have been fixed by now. But as has been said time and time again in this thread, different people do different things. The people who work on adding guns and clothing don't work on the zombie pathfinding. It'd be stupid to just have them sitting around doing nothing rather than adding simple things like that.

• Advertisement

I don't disagree that it's bad, and that it should have been fixed by now. But as has been said time and time again in this thread, different people do different things. The people who work on adding guns and clothing don't work on the zombie pathfinding. It'd be stupid to just have them sitting around doing nothing rather than adding simple things like that.

As a development team, they shouldn't be spending resources (people, money, time) on these other extras when something so fundementally wrong exists in the game.

How you can have a zombie game where the zombies are so broken is astounding. Functioning zombie hordes would instantly increase the 'survival' part of Day Z and also cut down on the KOS player PvP because of the numbers of functioning zombies in the game.

The game has none of this and is a complete waste of time and money in it's current state. I fear Sony's H1Z1 will destroy Day Z before it even gets out of beta.

As a development team, they shouldn't be spending resources (people, money, time) on these other extras when something so fundementally wrong exists in the game.

How you can have a zombie game where the zombies are so broken is astounding. Functioning zombie hordes would instantly increase the 'survival' part of Day Z and also cut down on the KOS player PvP because of the numbers of functioning zombies in the game.

That's not how game development works. These weapons and clothing need to be added eventually, why wait until other things are finished?
    If they waited you'd be complaining that there isn't enough guns and clothing.

As I said, I'm not happy with the current development of the game. I don't play it because it's pretty terrible atm. That being said, I'm not going to lecture them about how they should develop their game because neither of us have any experience there.

That's not how game development works. These weapons and clothing need to be added eventually, why wait until other things are finished?
    If they waited you'd be complaining that there isn't enough guns and clothing.

As I said, I'm not happy with the current development of the game. I don't play it because it's pretty terrible atm. That being said, I'm not going to lecture them about how they should develop their game because neither of us have any experience there.

I didn't say they should stop with the weapons etc, but they should put more resoucres in to fixing the pathfinding. By all means leave one or two developers on weapons etc, but get more people on to the pathfinding. Then when that's finished, move them on to something else.

I didn't say they should stop with the weapons etc, but they should put more resoucres in to fixing the pathfinding. By all means leave one or two developers on weapons etc, but get more people on to the pathfinding. Then when that's finished, move them on to something else.

Different people specialize in different things. Can't have an art person working on path finding. And as the saying goes, too many cooks spoil the broth.

When it comes to games/software development it pretty much is. Especially in early alpha stage.

I work in software development myself and I don't agree with this at all, it's shoddy workmanship. Obviously at times (definitely not always unless you're terrible) fixing one thing can inadvertently break another. You either notice it or you don't.

If you don't, you probably need to be doing more testing. Still though, sometimes things needs to be released into the wild before certain types of problems become apparent, that's both forgivable and understandable.

If you do, you've two choices. Roll back the offending changes and release the rest of your update, or fix it before releasing your update. Known issues that are game breakers should never be pushed live, there isn't really an excuse for it.

Things like the below definitely fall into unforgivable territory:
    • Player is stuck in building after reconnect
    • Player cannot respawn properly when he has drowned

I work in software development myself and I don't agree with this at all, it's shoddy workmanship. Obviously at times (definitely not always unless you're terrible) fixing one thing can inadvertently break another. You either notice it or you don't.

If you don't, you probably need to be doing more testing. Still though, sometimes things needs to be released into the wild before certain types of problems become apparent, that's both forgivable and understandable.

If you do, you've two choices. Roll back the offending changes and release the rest of your update, or fix it before releasing your update. Known issues that are game breakers should never be pushed live, there isn't really an excuse for it.

Alright, it seems you know more than I do about it so I won't correct you. But obviously in the case of this developer adding more features tends to break other things, so I guess it's shoddy workmanship.

The point of this early access is for them to release updates into the wild be them fully working or not. It does state that it's early alpha, things will be broken, and that you shouldn't buy it.
    They're not doing it as professionally as you might be used to, but it's the way early access games are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

the users at this stage are the ones doing the testing I would've thought

If this weren't an Alpha, you'd be right.

Rossin wrote: »
    the users at this stage are the ones doing the testing I would've thought
    If this weren't an Alpha, you'd be right.

Yeah and that's fair enough for the first part of my post - if they unwittingly release bugs in an update you can justifiably say "Sure it's an alpha, we expected this".

It still doesn't really explain why they'd push out known issues. They don't need us to test for them because they already know about them. Would make more sense to acknowledge that one of your changes caused people to get stuck in walls, roll it back and fix it before the next update.

I'm not trying to blast them here, I know they're a small team. It's just a bit unnecessary and despite the alpha status, we'd all be able to enjoy the game a bit more if they stopped doing that. That's all.

I don't have a problem with zombies running through walls, for example, because that was always the case and isn't something they introduced knowingly with a bad patch.

It still doesn't really explain why they'd push out known issues. They don't need us to test for them because they already know about them. Would make more sense to acknowledge that one of your changes caused people to get stuck in walls, roll it back and fix it before the next update.

I'm not trying to blast them here, I know they're a small team. It's just a bit unnecessary and despite the alpha status, we'd all be able to enjoy the game a bit more if they stopped doing that. That's all.

I don't have a problem with zombies running through walls, for example, because that was always the case and isn't something they introduced knowingly with a bad patch.

Some issues aren't worth stalling an update for, and letting people know that they're there is better than pretending they don't exist?
    Especially with the fanbase that is DayZ who are very impatient and just want progress.

• Advertisement

I suspect we'll have to agree to disagree. ;)

Let's just all agree that Day: Z(ombies) should have functioning zombies as priority #1 or else it fundementaly fails from the outset.

All agreed? Good. Moving on...

I suspect we'll have to agree to disagree. ;)

If you work in software dev, there's no way you've never pushed a build to QA without a few know issues.

NO ONE IS THAT GOOD! :pac:

Let's just all agree that Day: Z(ombies) should have functioning zombies as priority #1 or else it fundementaly fails from the outset.

All agreed? Good. Moving on...

And when it releases we'll see :p

And when it releases we'll see :p

It's coming out two weeks after HL3, right?

If you work in software dev, there's no way you've never pushed a build to QA without a few know issues.

NO ONE IS THAT GOOD! :pac:

I think there's a difference between internal QA and a fully paid up, long-running public alpha - but that's a whole other discussion. :pac:

ETA: And to be clear, I don't have a problem with most of their known issues, they're usually pretty minor, but they have some clangers too like the ones I mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

The curremt zombies are only a placeholder though?? Why would they spend time and money on fixing something they don't intend to be in the final release of the game, it wouldn't make any sense really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Here's a new one for me. Rag bandages can get ruined if a zombie hits you.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Noblong wrote: »
    Here's a new one for me. Rag bandages can get ruined if a zombie hits you.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think that bandages can be ruined like your other objects is actually fine. What I think is stupid is that if you rip a ruined t shirt it wont make useable bandages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I think that bandages can be ruined like your other objects is actually fine.

It's not, it's terrible. It's like carrying a spare tire that get's damaged somehow as soon as you get a flat.

Advertisement