Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Noblong wrote: »
    It's not, it's terrible. It's like carrying a spare tire that get's damaged somehow as soon as you get a flat.

Well when they sort the damage system to inventory it does make sense. If your bandages get shot or ripped to shreds they're hardly gonna be much ****ing use are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have not bothered with standalone at all really,mostly playing Arma 3 atm.

Which is turning out to be a major game engine improvement over Arma 2,better graphics,more responsive,runs a lot better than Arma 2 etc

I have faith Bohemia will eventually get stand alone sorted,after all its not like Arma 1/2/3 are bad games so their record is good imo

The fact they have made so many modifications to the game engine there actually re naming it must mean things were not going well on original Arma 2 engine. Time was surely lost here

At the end of the day its an early release game with a big sign on it saying "Do not buy" as its in major development still

Wait for it to go beta if it annoys,that way hopefully we will have closer to a "demo" at that stage rather than an alpha. Thats when i plan to get stuck in properly,i bought when i did for the reduced price

All just my opinion on the whole thing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Well when they sort the damage system to inventory it does make sense. If your bandages get shot or ripped to shreds they're hardly gonna be much ****ing use are they?

I have no problem with a clean bandage being hard to look after but they better put a tourniquet in aswell, to help the players not bleed to death.

Noblong wrote: »
    I have no problem with a clean bandage being hard to look after but they better put a tourniquet in aswell, to help the players not bleed to death.

they just need to sort the fact that blunt force can cause a wound that never stops ****ing bleeding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Timmyctc wrote: »
    they just need to sort the fact that blunt force can cause a wound that never stops ****ing bleeding

Hey Timmy, let me hit you with this bat and see if you bleed. :cool:

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hey Timmy, let me hit you with this bat and see if you bleed. :cool:

Aye I probably would :P But it would clot eventually. If you punched me in the arm I wouldn't bleed to death a la DayZ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Does anyone know when the next big patch is coming???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Had a good session tonight for the first time in awhile! Some of the stuff they've added are quite decent. Performance is better as well. Still a long way off though..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Number 1 is the glitchers/cheaters. But at least its not as bad as rust for ddos'rs!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I was watching a video of a squad wipe on this. The squad they killed all had AKM's with atleast 3 mags each (some sort of camo mags), all the attachments as well as the biggest vests, same uniforms and Mountain backpacks. I was figuring it definitely wasn't legit because I heard that the AKM and big vests are one of the rarest items ingame. What do you guys think? The work of cheaters or just a really lucky squad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

simon360 wrote: »
    I was watching a video of a squad wipe on this. The squad they killed all had AKM's with atleast 3 mags each (some sort of camo mags), all the attachments as well as the biggest vests, same uniforms and Mountain backpacks. I was figuring it definitely wasn't legit because I heard that the AKM and big vests are one of the rarest items ingame. What do you guys think? The work of cheaters or just a really lucky squad?
    If they were cheating, they wouldn't be dead.

Enough time scouting around you'll have end-game gear quick enough and you'll be running around wanting to die to start the process all over again......and again..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I've only played 10 hours since I got the game, months ago. Too stressful for me, my blood pressure can't handle someone playing creepy music over their microphone while I walk into a building when it's almost dark. nope nope nope nope fcuk that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If you have a squad you can lock down a barracks compound and absolutely clean it out. Do this a few times and you're fully geared.

I play in a team of 4 and we could spend a hole night looting and within 4 hours we are all fully geared. not cheaters just looters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I'll link the video but it seems really suspicious when you see the amount of stuff they have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Some more funny encounters, another elektro pants situation, Byze reviews DayZ & more. Enjoy!

Also here's a reddit link if ya fancy giving me a hand on there:
    http://redd.it/2a3akv

Cheers!

Tinie wrote: »

that is one of the best youtube game play videos i have ever seen!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The sax bit was fecking hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The sax bit was fecking hilarious!

They HAVE to add a sax to the game just on the basis of this video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dean Hall
    @rocket2guns
    Initial implementation of new zombie path finding coming out on exp today! Brian tells me he locked zombies in rooms with it...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thank you sweet zombie Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Going to be rounding up all the zombies and locking them into the police stations in towns. Should keep me entertained for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I need a bit of help with Dayz Commander. So I have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, everything up to date, downloaded epoch dayz and BR through dayz commander but every time I try to join a server through the commander it tells me I have missing files or else an authentication error, searched google for ages found nothing that worked, any one know how to fix it?

nvm, got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

I need a bit of help with Dayz Commander. So I have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, everything up to date, downloaded epoch dayz and BR through dayz commander but every time I try to join a server through the commander it tells me I have missing files or else an authentication error, searched google for ages found nothing that worked, any one know how to fix it?

nvm, got it!

DayZ mod
    this way:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855404

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭PMC83

So I've been shot up pretty bad in the middle of some banditing gone bad. Things are blurry as hell. If I just keep eating/drinking will it go back to normal, or do I need blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

PMC83 wrote: »
    So I've been shot up pretty bad in the middle of some banditing gone bad. Things are blurry as hell. If I just keep eating/drinking will it go back to normal, or do I need blood?

get bright green "energised" and "hydrated" and you will get green "healing" and eventually full health and "heathly"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Was on experimental at the weekend. Can confirm (from what I saw) that zombies don't clip through walls anymore and you can lock them in buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Cravez wrote: »
    Was on experimental at the weekend. Can confirm (from what I saw) that zombies don't clip through walls anymore and you can lock them in buildings.

Is there still only about 10 zombies on the entire map?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

jabberwock wrote: »
    get bright green "energised" and "hydrated" and you will get green "healing" and eventually full health and "heathly"

Or alternatively, go into options, and then graphics. Blurriness-be-gone!

A continuing bug/glitch that has yet to be fixed, so technically it's cheating to a certain extent, but that's weighed against the fact that you then don't know how healthy/unhealthy you are.

Advertisement