Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The loot respawns after a certain amount of time now yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Did they finally sorted out loot spawning or is it still restart system?

There is a system in place, but it's kind of broken, but not really broken broken.

The way it works is, there can be a certain amount of objects in a 1kmx1km area. So when something gets picked up, something else instantly spawns in it's place somewhere else. The problem is, when people pick stuff up, and they don't have much space, they'll leave something **** down in return like a flash light, pants, shoes etc. This leaves the amount of spawned items meeting it's quota so nothing new spawns, and leaves all the **** gear left there. So most the time there is only rubbish that you wouldn't pick up left in all the towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Rebuilding my rig at present and hoping to get some DayZ action again soon:)

Here ya go guys, my DayZ Short film "Vengeance". This took a while to make. Hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what ya think!

Edit: Here's the reddit thread for it, would really appreciate support on there if ya enjoyed it. If not, feedback is always welcome :)

http://redd.it/2clqak

Cheers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nice video!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Just got this yesterday, I'm loving it but I'm finding it so hard to get by. Haven't seen a drop of water since I started. Do many guys in here still play together? I signed up for Gaellords but found it a bit not sure how you go about using the teamspeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭lostboy75

Just got this yesterday, I'm loving it but I'm finding it so hard to get by. Haven't seen a drop of water since I started. Do many guys in here still play together? I signed up for Gaellords but found it a bit not sure how you go about using the teamspeak.

Not played in a little while, usually pair up with my brother. Using gaellord teamspeak. We tend to set up a private room, which is a bit against the spirit of it I suspose? Anyway he has buggered off for a month's holidays before his next teaching year begins ( he's in SA) was going through the update and thinking we will get back into it when he returns. To be honest, I hate playing alone. It's just too damn tense, it's almost as bad with only one other though. tents sound tempting, think they will get me back playing. That's said badly stung with a case of CS:GO at the moment so that needs to pass as well.
    Lost

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Start learning where the wells are, you'll be using them a lot.

There's a few maps out there that have the wells on them, so start with those open and Alt tab out to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote: »

There's a few maps out there that have the wells on them, so start with those open and Alt tab out to them.

Yeah, I use this one myself: http://www.izurvive.com/#c=-19;0;2

Have it open on the second monitor whenever I'm playing but of course you can always Alt+Tab too :)

CatInABox wrote: »

There are also apps, like iZurvive which can help, but yeah wells and ponds are your friend, actually your only friend in the bloody game, shoot on sight seems to be the only option on most servers. If you still look like fresh spawn you may survive an encounter with another player. But expect to be held up until the other player checks you out. They may then help you. Defiantly Know how to use your Mic, and know the key for putting your hands up. It's up to you then to decide what to do in the situation, but don't get yourself in a position where you get shot because your trying to find out your key to put your hands up. So.e people will not give you much time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Get your hands in a fire Axe and a canteen as soon as. The fire Axe can one shot zombies in the head and the canteen can be filled up at ponds and lakes etc.

Incidentally what is the button to put your hands up? I never leave myself in that position cos I shoot on site if I see a gun drawn :)

Get your hands in a fire Axe and a canteen as soon as. The fire Axe can one shot zombies in the head and the canteen can be filled up at ponds and lakes etc.

Incidentally what is the button to put your hands up? I never leave myself in that position cos I shoot on site if I see a gun drawn :)

From memory it's F2, but check that, only used it once or twice myself, both times fairly new spawned legging it about to try get the basics, when I am at that I don't always take the care that I should :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Just a tip for anyone wanting to have the map handy, use the Steam browser in the overlay and then just shift+tab to have a quick peek at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

lostboy75 wrote: »
    Using gaellord teamspeak. We tend to set up a private room, which is a bit against the spirit of it I suspose?

i left the teamspeak open as we have the space and leave people the choice.
    - join a public room
    - or create you own

as even when there is a main group and some die they would just drop down to another channel until they can rendezvous back with the team again.

everyone's mood is to their own and changes. i leave the option there for all and not force people together as we all can't be friendly least of all in dayz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Laviski wrote: »
    i left the teamspeak open as we have the space and leave people the choice.
    - join a public room
    - or create you own

as even when there is a main group and some die they would just drop down to another channel until they can rendezvous back with the team again.

everyone's mood is to their own and changes. i leave the option there for all and not force people together as we all can't be friendly least of all in dayz :D

the team speak site your running is a big help to me and a few other, thanks for it!

the team speak site your running is a big help to me and a few other, thanks for it!

Yeah no joke it's a fantastic service provided really, I must donate to the cause some night I get a lot of use out of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

This game is absolute f*cking garbage.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo 2012. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

4Dlolz wrote: »

We know you're trolling, it's not gonna work.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

We know you're trolling, it's not gonna work.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Nobody wanted DayZ to be as awesome as me.

The standalone released last year and it still hasn't even got vehicles.

**** this piece of garbage. Anyone that forked out the 25 quid (including me) were rode senseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

25 quid, you'd spend it in on a night out, if you smoke its a few boxes. I've gotten 70+ hours, I certainly dont feel like I was rode senseless. The game is only going to improve(and has done so loads already), if you're too impatient to wait then don't play until its released.

Nobody wanted DayZ to be as awesome as me.

The standalone released last year and it still hasn't even got vehicles.

**** this piece of garbage. Anyone that forked out the 25 quid (including me) were rode senseless.

The game is still in alpha & has made huge improvements since the initial alpha release. With patches every week the game is only going to get better. The combat & intensity of firefights up at the northwest is as good as the mod ever was.

I suggest you read the image I post again and stay away from alpha release games until you can be patient.

dayzDisclaimer1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

One thing I would love to see if the ability to spawn with a friend, or at least pick a specific village to spawn in so you can find your friend easily. Changing all the signposts to English would also be a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

MagicIRL wrote: »
    One thing I would love to see if the ability to spawn with a friend, or at least pick a specific village to spawn in so you can find your friend easily. Changing all the signposts to English would also be a nice touch.

getting people to spawn together would be a nice but can't see it happening any time soon if at all

signs in english?
    you do know the map is based in russia so that defo won't happen.

Laviski wrote: »
    getting people to spawn together would be a nice but can't see it happening any time soon if at all

signs in english?
    you do know the map is based in russia so that defo won't happen.

Yeah, it's ripped straight from ARMA2. It was fine in the mod, as it was modded off the game, but as a standalone they should change them to suit the locale of the game version. Having signs in English won't change the map around.

The friend spawning thing could be exploited so much though. One thing that could work is what H1Z1 are thinking of doing, can only spawn near your friend if you are both fresh spawns. But then again, some of the best encounters happen when you are trying to find your friends. Tis a tough one.

I don't particularly like playing by myself, and having to run for an hour or so to meet up with a friend is very off putting. I think they need a balance between realism and quality of life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has Rocket said when they plan to have vehicles back in the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i see its trying to be realistic and all that. But how can you be playing for an hour and suddenly drop unconscious from starvation etc, an hour is not very realistic, even 10 hours isn't!

Advertisement