Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Its SOE.

I don't trust them after they ruined Infantry back in 2000.

Guarantee there will be a catch...

You need look no further than the cash-cow that was Planetside 2 as recently as 2012. I wouldn't hold out much hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Its SOE.

I don't trust them after they ruined Infantry back in 2000.

Guarantee there will be a catch...

Holding a 14 year grudge over one game is awful silly
    You need look no further than the cash-cow that was Planetside 2 as recently as 2012. I wouldn't hold out much hope.

They never said Planetside would be entirely F2P from the offset afair. Nor did they imply microtransactions would be solely for cosmetics. Furthermore, I find the game quite balanced in spite of the Microtransactions. Skill goes a whole lot further than money imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im happily playing PS2 without paying a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Can we get back on topic and discuss Dayz standalone?

Lots of posts dedicated to h1z1 lately.
    H1z1 has own thread please discuss how much you love it and how so much better over there

So thread can be kept clean for new updates and content, for those that accepted alpha state of the game for which will not be fully released until 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Having a really weird bug...

Basically when i join a server i'll lag everywhere.
    Like my character will start floating in the direction i was facing and i'll be unable to move my camera or player until he stops.

This is constant!
    It'll even get so bad that my camera will just freeze in place. It started happening like 1 month ago and since then i've rarely had a session without it happening every 7secs.

I can still pick up things and Zombies/players around me are moving normally.
    Anyone had anything similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dcully wrote: »
    Im happily playing PS2 without paying a cent.

You must have the patience of a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Holding a 14 year grudge over one game is awful silly
    Fool me once....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Something to lighten up the mood. Here's the DayZ Christmas Songs video I made last year. Went around chernarus asking guys to sing me Christmas songs! It goes about as well as you would expect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Fight who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Our enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Three guys on the treeline trying to hit me. I get some cover and then with one shot from my AK from about 400 yards I just see a body rolling down the hill. Made my escape soon after but it was probably my best kill yet. Finally died by random sniper shot at NW Airfield.

Justice I supposed considering I axed a fella in the back for that AK at the military barracks just north of Balotta.

Good Times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Tony EH wrote: »
    Fight who?

H1Z1?

Although I admit it won't be much of a fight.

H1Z1 in alpha has already surpassed where DayZ is today even a year after it's alpha release....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dayum wrote: »
    H1Z1?

Although I admit it won't be much of a fight.

H1Z1 in alpha has already surpassed where DayZ is today even a year after it's alpha release....

Played a lot of H1Z1 have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

EoinHef wrote: »

H1Z1 - Vehicles + crafting (base building) already in the game.

DayZ - Vehicles + crafting (base building) coming in 2018. LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

Lolololol-best-gif.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

You dont have to play it to see on the streams of the devs playing that it is FAR superior to Dayz as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We'll know tomorrow if it as good as it looks, no idea about the micro transactions yet seen what comes with the payed early access but don't know what the mean yet.

Rather they disable microtransaction until release but that's unlikely.

You dont have to play it to see on the streams of the devs playing that it is FAR superior to Dayz as it stands.

Yeah,FAR better even though nobody here has played it.....all im saying H1Z1 is all hype atm,we will know more in a few days but until then id reserve judgement. But feel free to get totally carried away on a hunch

Dayum wrote: »
    H1Z1 - Vehicles + crafting (base building) already in the game.

DayZ - Vehicles + crafting (base building) coming in 2018. LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

*snip*

Keep going,your really proving your point with all those........"facts"

Yeah,FAR better even though nobody here has played it.....all im saying H1Z1 is all hype atm,we will know more in a few days but until then id reserve judgement. But feel free to get totally carried away on a hunch
    Keep going,your really proving your point with all those........"facts"

you seem to be a bit butt hurt here :)

• Advertisement

you seem to be a bit butt hurt here :)

Not really,i just dont like seeing posts that have no factual basis make outlandish claims,thats all.

I hope H1Z1 is good as well but i have no idea how it will turn out,nobody has till its actually out for awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Ignore him, he tries to troll quite a few forums tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

devs playing it vs online community playing it, ya the devs will find all the cheap tactics & glitchs etc :) How long till hacks every game has em on PC.
    Calling a game far superior before its even out is a little silly.

Ignore him, he tries to troll quite a few forums tbh.

I remember when trolling was an art form full of cleverness and wit but now every ar**hole thinks they can do it:(

http://www.pcgamer.com/h1z1-will-hit-early-access-in-january-wont-be-better-than-dayz-on-day-one/
    The game is still in an early development state, and in a direct reference to the game H1Z1 is referencing, Smedley admits that the game you'll play on January 15 will not be better than DayZ.
    Jesus lads yer views are higher then the lads making the fecking game

Nolars wrote: »
    devs playing it vs online community playing it, ya the devs will find all the cheap tactics & glitchs etc :) How long till hacks every game has em on PC.
    Calling a game far superior before its even out is a little silly.

well i watched a stream of it where and get this...... one of them climbed a ladder and it DIDN'T KILL HIM!!!! if you believe it or not!!!

on that alone i say FAR superior.

that glitch which was in the mod and had been fixed before the SA came out is still in this broken never to be finished and biggest waste of my €20 game. for that to still be in this game YEARS latter is a joke and is the main reason i will never go back and play this game or never buy a game from this company again.

well i watched a stream of it where and get this...... one of them climbed a ladder and it DIDN'T KILL HIM!!!! if you believe it or not!!!

on that alone i say FAR superior.

that glitch which was in the mod and had been fixed before the SA came out is still in this broken never to be finished and biggest waste of my €20 game. for that to still be in this game YEARS latter is a joke and is the main reason i will never go back and play this game or never buy a game from this company again.

You shouldn't buy the early access to h1z1 either since the devs said it wont be as good as dayz at the start. Also you shdnt have bought dayz if you weren't willing to deal with issues.

http://www.pcgamer.com/h1z1-will-hit-early-access-in-january-wont-be-better-than-dayz-on-day-one/

Jesus lads yer views are higher then the lads making the fecking game

that is called PR and they arent going to alienat all you Dayz fanboys by saying "our game is much better now and will always be better" for fear of losing posable income from the likes of you guys.

You shouldn't buy the early access to h1z1 either since the devs said it wont be as good as dayz at the start. Also you shdnt have bought dayz if you weren't willing to deal with issues.

i was and still am willing to deal with issues, but over a year after the alpha release and there is still problems in the game that had already been fixed in the mod is a joke and the "alpha" excuse isnt good enough at this stage.

• Advertisement

that is called PR and they arent going to alienat all you Dayz fanboys by saying "our game is much better now and will always be better" for fear of losing posable income from the likes of you guys.

fanboys?, Hoping h1z1 is good but not gonna get all hyped about it.

Advertisement