Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Been playing it recently and really enjoying it. The past few updates have done huge changes. My only gripe still is that wall glitching is still an issue (e.g people walking/shooting through walls in the Military Prison buildings) and it still keeps throwing random sounds in the game (ammo being split, food eaten etc) but it's very fun at the moment.

There have been massive wave of bans for hackers as well so it's been quiet/safe in regards that front as well. If you were thinking of jumping into it recently then now is a good time. You can always wait until the 0.54 update to stable soon and has some nice goodies such as traps, mines, craftable disposable silencers (using PET bottles) and persistance is supposed to be getting a huge overhaul with some stability for this patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do zombies and loot actually spawn properly? Or are the only spawned when a server restarts? Tempted to get back into it over the next week or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

As has been mentioned already. If you are looking to group up with others, join our Gaellords teamspeak. Currently most of the regulars are not playing DayZ but we do go back to it from time to time. That shouldn't stop yourselves getting on there and starting squads of your own. Either join the DayZ channel or create your own "DayZ LFG" channel so others know you need some more bodies to play with.

Also sometimes guys just hang around in the "Lounge" channel of the TS playing whatever so it could be worth hopping in there & saying hello & asking if anyone is up for it :D

I might be heading back into the hardcore DayZ stuff soon myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

If anyone wants to team up and play, add me on Steam: the_domonator. I don't play hardcore though :/ I'm typically not a kos player, but I shoot to kill if people don't reply in direct chat or act dodgy around me.

Kiith wrote: »
    Do zombies and loot actually spawn properly? Or are the only spawned when a server restarts? Tempted to get back into it over the next week or so.

Buildings have loot areas that spawn loot in correct places, rather than a dump of stuff on the ground like the mod (e.g cooking pot on a stove). Loot primarily only spawns after restart because many servers disable persistance as it's buggy at the moment. With the next patch we should see more stable persistance so this will allow loot to spawn gradually over time rather than every restart.

The zombies in DayZ SA are currently only place holders & not many of them spawn at the moment. The dev's are working on the engine (rebuilding from the ground up) along with changes to zombie AI and pathfinding and hopefully the end result is alot of zombies spawning with high player counts without lag or desync. The next patch is also introducing new zombie nav meshes which automatically generates, which potentially will affect how zombies appear in the game as well (i.e potentially having randomised zombies rather than set ones)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Saw this posted on reddit if anyone is jumping back on:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Lukker- wrote: »
    Saw this posted on reddit if anyone is jumping back on:

That was the most detailed FPS boost video i have watched so far. I just might jump on Dayz some time over the week and give it a go and see what i get. Also havent played since october when that event was ment to happen and my hole clan and i had huge problems trying to get the game to work and i raged uninstalled the game. the new updates since sound promising so i am eager to have a look for myself.

That was the most detailed FPS boost video i have watched so far. I just might jump on Dayz some time over the week and give it a go and see what i get. Also havent played since october when that event was ment to happen and my hole clan and i had huge problems trying to get the game to work and i raged uninstalled the game. the new updates since sound promising so i am eager to have a look for myself.

Yeah it covers nearly everything without making the game look like a turd either.

I jumped on for the first time in a while tonight.

There is definitely an improvement. Felt a bit smoother for stretches. After a while though started to have de-sync issues and just unresponsiveness in general.

Probably the most frustrating thing about the game. Don't think I'll touch it again until they have a new engine, or considerably re-built it. Holding the game back completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

So, log on for the first time in a month and find my toon is reset.

FFS...

:rolleyes:

Log off and go back to Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah there was a character wipe on public servers a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Damn, I hate that.

Have to expect it dude, game is in alpha still. There will be more. But again, this is DayZ. Rule No.1 is Do Not get attached to your gear!

Edit: Actually, half the fun of DayZ is gearing up! So get cracking!! :)

AFAIK they wipe the public servers with every new stable release. If you want a long term character then stick with a Private server as those don't get wiped. I prefer private servers anyway as it prevents server hoppers, and i've found more people likely interact with you. Stick with servers that have short restart periods as you can gear up quite well after a restart if you know where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill trade some stuff if anyone feels like picking me up in a truck tonight from Severograd and driving me back to Berezino. I just cant be arsed to do the run. :D If anyone is pushed Ill be on the server "The Fortunate Ones" at 9pm ontop of the Hospital.

Cravez wrote: »
    AFAIK they wipe the public servers with every new stable release. If you want a long term character then stick with a Private server as those don't get wiped. I prefer private servers anyway as it prevents server hoppers, and i've found more people likely interact with you. Stick with servers that have short restart periods as you can gear up quite well after a restart if you know where to go.

Not with every stable update, usually happens every 3-4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

for the life of me I cant seem to find any ammo, do all guns come with no ammo when you find them?

Glebee wrote: »
    for the life of me I cant seem to find any ammo, do all guns come with no ammo when you find them?

Usually.

Ammo can be hard to find, I usual tab to check my vicinity to see if I've missed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Riamfada wrote: »
    Ill trade some stuff if anyone feels like picking me up in a truck tonight from Severograd and driving me back to Berezino. I just cant be arsed to do the run. :D If anyone is pushed Ill be on the server "The Fortunate Ones" at 9pm ontop of the Hospital.

I play on the same server..

... I wonder if i've ever killed you :pac:

Riamfada wrote: »

Severograd to Berezino a long run??? hahaha Get venturing out from the north east dude! Much better things to be seen & shoot at :)

• Advertisement

Yeah go west and get into some proper trouble, it's fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Are the servers down for maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

think so, cant get in all morning

The 0.54 stable branch release is currently underway and expected that servers will be back onlne by 5pm GMT+1.

Also Wednesday's are the weekly maintenance days so I assume they wanted to do it all in one go today.

Will there be a wipe?

Would be typical, spent 3 hours gearing up yesterday for the first time in months. Even got a new repeater cowboy rifle that I've never used that looked pretty fun, didn't even get to shoot anyone :(

Lukker- wrote: »
    Will there be a wipe?

Would be typical, spent 3 hours gearing up yesterday for the first time in months. Even got a new repeater cowboy rifle that I've never used that looked pretty fun, didn't even get to shoot anyone :(

It's hard to say, I assumed they wiped with every patch release like they did with the last one but folks have said that it's not always the case. so you might be ok. I generally play on Private servers anyway as your character doesn't get wiped when the public ones do.

Edit: Dev confirmed there will be no wipes, you're safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well I went to prison island. I died.

If you're getting severe FPS drops and texture loss/N64 graphics, remove any launch parameters from Steam and it should be ok then. Seems to be an issue with this patch.

Also I've noticed that being fully hydrated/energised doesn't heal you anymore or it heals you VERY slowly. I did see that the wanted to make blood bagging more useful but wasn't sure it was this update.

Another issue is that weapon attachments will disappear from weapons when you log in so if you have any rare ones, then wait until a hotfix comes in. (Dev's are aware of all the issues)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Gonna be on tonight with 2 or more people! could meet up with other peeps if anybody is up for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Gonna be on tonight with 2 or more people! could meet up with other peeps if anybody is up for it?

I honestly would love to get into Dayz but the clipping issues and hit detection are so hard to get used to!

Advertisement