Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,267 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Been playing all day and I haven't seen a single bug. Except for the usual clipping zombie crap that's been there since day 1.

However, I HAVE noticed that the spawning of AK74 mags is maddeningly pathetic.

I have literally spent the day server hopping in an effort to find one...with zero luck.

I've found a couple of AK74's and an AK101. But no mags. It's terribly frustrating. What's the point in having those types of weapons in the game and effectively reducing them to a single shot gun?

Perhaps what should be done is to spawn the gun with a mag, but make them all very rare.

Also, I haven't found a single handgun. Not one. Whereas I used to be able to find them with zero effort before.

Something deffo up with that.

So, I get up early and decide to have a quick bash on Dayz before heading out on my run.

Low and behold, I find an AKM in a barracks building and pick it up, replacing the AK74 I'd been carrying all day yesterday, because I have enough 7.62 ammo to start WWIII.

Magically, I then find not one, but three custom AK mags in another barracks in the North Western Airfield and nearly wet myself. I load up all three with my ammo and sit there for a bit totally chuffed.

It starts to lash rain and I go looking for some clothes to replace my damaged and worn items. I duck into a building, the one with the jail cell just inside the door on the left and watch the rain. I have full heath. Bright green "energized" (in fact stuffed), Bright green "hydrated" and a "healthy" bar.

A zombie then trundles by the door and I get ready for him to double back and make his entrance.

Except his doesn't bother his tits doing that. Instead. he simply clips through the wall and attacks me.

BUT...

Not only does he attack me after clipping the wall, he kills me. STONE DEAD. WITH ONE BOX!

:eek: :( :mad: :rolleyes:

Fück off DayZ.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    While running north, looting & eating along the way, I notice that the food system is once again a disaster. My character was "Energized, thirsty & full". No matter what we tried my character was always wanting to get sick from over eating or drinking one sup of water. Back in October it was simple enough to manage both thirst & hunger to get both hydrated & energized. Something seems to be wrong with it now.

Yeh. Definitely noticed something wrong with food today.

I have starving AND stuffed coming up when I hit Tab. It's odd, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Was the server populated? It could have been someone glitching through the walls and had a silenced weapon. Since hackers have been banned/exposed it seems the wall glitching has exploded it seems (for that building even). I experienced it myself recently, so did Ktulu (twice), and have seen numerous youtubers with recent videos have wall glitchers as well.

I avoid that Jail building now at all costs until there is a 100% fix for the wall glitch. The risk/reward is too high and barely get much loot in it and id say nearly almost likely there is someone hiding in the walls unless the server is barely populated.

The zombie could have killed you with one hit alright but it's never happened to me personally, but I have had alot of experience dying in that Jail building because of glitching fuckers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah zombies are known to kill in one hit sometimes but you could of been killed by a wall glitching bastard. That jail building is a disaster at the best of times. On a populated server there is near always someone camping the damn thing. I've said this for ages about it but they should add another door downstairs at the end of the small corridor behind the stairs & add an outdoor ladder or stairs to access the top level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

New to this game. Spent ages gearing up. Didn't meet a soul for hours. Cleared out the Airfield and camp nearby. Looking like John Rambo. Then realise i'm on a private server. No more John Rambo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Tony EH wrote: »
    So, I get up early and decide to have a quick bash on Dayz before heading out on my run.

Low and behold, I find an AKM in a barracks building and pick it up, replacing the AK74 I'd been carrying all day yesterday, because I have enough 7.62 ammo to start WWIII.

Magically, I then find not one, but three custom AK mags in another barracks in the North Western Airfield and nearly wet myself. I load up all three with my ammo and sit there for a bit totally chuffed.

It starts to lash rain and I go looking for some clothes to replace my damaged and worn items. I duck into a building, the one with the jail cell just inside the door on the left and watch the rain. I have full heath. Bright green "energized" (in fact stuffed), Bright green "hydrated" and a "healthy" bar.

A zombie then trundles by the door and I get ready for him to double back and make his entrance.

Except his doesn't bother his tits doing that. Instead. he simply clips through the wall and attacks me.

BUT...

Not only does he attack me after clipping the wall, he kills me. STONE DEAD. WITH ONE BOX!

:eek: :( :mad: :rolleyes:

Fück off DayZ.

iirc theres a bug with accumulative damage on the body in Dayz. E.G if you get hit say n-1 times in the arm the next hit, no matter what, would break your arm. Same dealie with the legs. But someone found that the same accumulative damage counts for your torso. SO no matter what your blood, you would get OHK'd after your torso/head took a certain amount of damage. So for example if the number was 10 'hits' and i hit ya 9 times then two hours later a zed hit you in the chest, you'd drop dead.

Ill try find the video.

Could be bs too. (Disclosure, I hate Wobo so much)

Cravez wrote: »
    Was the server populated? It could have been someone glitching through the walls and had a silenced weapon. Since hackers have been banned/exposed it seems the wall glitching has exploded it seems (for that building even). I experienced it myself recently, so did Ktulu (twice), and have seen numerous youtubers with recent videos have wall glitchers as well.

I avoid that Jail building now at all costs until there is a 100% fix for the wall glitch. The risk/reward is too high and barely get much loot in it and id say nearly almost likely there is someone hiding in the walls unless the server is barely populated.

The zombie could have killed you with one hit alright but it's never happened to me personally, but I have had alot of experience dying in that Jail building because of glitching fuckers

No. I was alone. I was doing the bad thing and server hopping to see if I could actually get an AK of some description. I usually just make do with the SKS or a shotgun and avoid people. But, I was getting sick of dickheads blasting me with automatic weapons.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    iirc theres a bug with accumulative damage on the body in Dayz. E.G if you get hit say n-1 times in the arm the next hit, no matter what, would break your arm. Same dealie with the legs. But someone found that the same accumulative damage counts for your torso. SO no matter what your blood, you would get OHK'd after your torso/head took a certain amount of damage. So for example if the number was 10 'hits' and i hit ya 9 times then two hours later a zed hit you in the chest, you'd drop dead.

Interesting stuff there and certainly stuff to remember for the future. But, it doesn't apply to me in this case. I had no injuries at all. No zombie hits, previous to the clipper swine and the only guy I encountered I killed. He was sneaking up on me in barracks.

Been looking on the web and have seen a few people claim one hit wonders have done them in, so it seems to be a thing.

Not sure how I feel about that, but it will definitely make me respect the dead a little more that's for sure. :pac:

Timmyctc wrote: »

Ill try find the video.

Could be bs too. (Disclosure, I hate Wobo so much)

Kind of like a slipped disc. ooooh dont remind me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Phoenix wrote: »
    Lads i have an asus i7 4710 nividia gtx 860m 8 gb ram would the game run ok on this?

Yes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been playing this again for the last few days, and it's a lot of fun, but the melee combat is laughably bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Got Kos last night, but it was completely my fault I guess. Have an assessment after this weekend and really need to focus on work, but I'm dying to play more!! also I think there is an incoming hotfix for 0.54

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I spoke too soon. Tried playing a bit over the weekend and crashed thrice in quick succession. The second time I was stalking someone who was pretty geared up, waiting to catch him unaware with my shotgun. :( Time to wait for more patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

A bigger asshole than me you would not find in electrlo last night. My akm tasted the blood of at least 7 people.

I had a death wish as I do every now and then and was pure bored with so much gear, by the time I was logging off I was buzzed to bits! Kept giving my magnum to people and telling them to kill bambies with it and then shooting them in the head when the started to move off :)

i have a steyr with no mag. Anyone want it? By the way could someone explain to me the difference in persistance on/off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

cursai wrote: »
    i have a steyr with no mag. Anyone want it? By the way could someone explain to me the difference in persistance on/off.

I'll take it :pac:

Give you an SKS with ammo and some other stuff?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'll take it :pac:

Give you an SKS with ammo and some other stuff?

set up a meet no funny business.:P Which server. im at the army camp at the airfield.

On the topic of persistence on/off.

Basically on a persistante server any gear that spawns will stay there even after a server restart. You can also use Tent and store your gear on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

set up a meet no funny business.:P Which server. im at the army camp at the airfield.

I wouldn't trust that Blobby fella. He'll kill you with a hatchet and rob all your chicken fillets!

Balls i'm beside the prison.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust that Blobby fella. He'll kill you with a hatchet and rob all your chicken fillets!

He will know if its me... There will be flares :pac:

He will know if its me... There will be flares :pac:

Make your way so. Is that the prison camp island? Wont be on for long tonight but will do an exchange if you can make it. will be on tomorrow. I'm CURSAI222
    on steam and 'Hugh' on Dayz. Or i can leave it at a location if this persistance thing actually works as one of the lads described.

Make your way so. Is that the prison camp island? Wont be on for long tonight but will do an exchange if you can make it. will be on tomorrow. I'm CURSAI222
    on steam and 'Hugh' on Dayz. Or i can leave it at a location if this persistance thing actually works as one of the lads described.

Yeah the new prison island.
    Just looked up the mag it needs and it only spawns at heli crash sites.

I'll leave it since i never find them. Someone will no doubt take it off your hands.

Or you could be bull****ing and just leading me to an ambush :pac:

or maybe its cursai1 on steam. Makes no sense. CURSAI222 is on the steam ap beside the community tab but cursai1 is on the top left??????
    New to this pc gaming lark. only got it to save money on single player games, torrent etc. But i'm a gentleman player so dont be afraid to meet me for that steyr Mr Blobby.

Yeah the new prison island.
    Just looked up the mag it needs and it only spawns at heli crash sites.

I'll leave it since i never find them. Someone will no doubt take it off your hands.

Or you could be bull****ing and just leading me to an ambush :pac:

no ambush. ive been running ****less in bushes for days. Only starting playing a few days ago and have no steam friends or dayz friends. Everyone i know is on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Anyone wanna bandit tonight? I really need to kill someone for s PSO 1 scope

Anyone wanna bandit tonight? I really need to kill someone for s PSO 1 scope

Location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Anyone having issues with constant crashing add this and only this to your launch options for dayz: -maxMem=2048

Advertisement