Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anyone wanna bandit tonight? I really need to kill someone for s PSO 1 scope

ill meet with ye later only Blobby does kill me on the way for the steyr first. Location? Server? Time?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Squaredude wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with constant crashing add this and only this to your launch options for dayz: -maxMem=2048

I'll try this. Could help, as the way in which it's crashing would be consistent with a memory related problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Worked like a charm for me, was crashing every 20 minutes. Put in that setting and didn't crash once all weekend. Just don't adjust the value, 2048 seems to be the magic number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

`the hill a little west of Elektro. Pik Koslova

`the hill a little west of Elektro. Pik Koslova

time? Server? sorry im new this.

• Advertisement

whichever, just finishing house of cards, can find you on steam, maybe try have a look for me? john_the_baptist1

Fear and loathing in Berenzino.

Grand. Watching house of cards also so can't stay long if you want a Streyr tell me where. On the server now

Cant see you John

try add me on steam and join me in game man, im still on the hill hitting bambis

• Advertisement

try add me on steam and join me in game man, im still on the hill hitting bambis

tried cant d you on steam2015-03-03 00_28_21-Steam Community __ Search.png or in game on that server. Lost the steyr. Broke my arm. Cant find a splint or bandage. Now hypothermic when i logged.

is this you?

2015-03-03 00_44_59-.png

cursai wrote: »
    tried cant d you on steam2015-03-03 00_28_21-Steam Community __ Search.png or in game on that server. Lost the steyr. Broke my arm. Cant find a splint or bandage. Now hypothermic when i logged.

is this you?

2015-03-03 00_44_59-.png

That's me alright, will be on tomorrow to help you out, I have some gear to patch you right up!

That's me alright, will be on tomorrow to help you out, I have some gear to patch you right up!

Cool. Steyrs gone though. Have a backpack of assorted ammo and food. Just off the Camp in some other jail building. Doubt ill last a couple of minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Chaps feel free to use our teamspeak to group up: gaellords.com :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Or listen in and hunt others down :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Chaps feel free to use our teamspeak to group up: gaellords.com :)

The gaellords ts is the business!

Would anybody like to set up a trap for the reddit rescue squad?? :)

They are usually very well geared and bring security but I reckon with a solid plan and some team work, we could take them with zero casualties. 5 man squad needed

They are usually very well geared and bring security but I reckon with a solid plan and some team work, we could take them with zero casualties. 5 man squad needed

On second thought, I just read the field manual and it would be rather difficult so probably not worth the risk. Although I would live to.see them in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Pity Bertha Lovejoy wasn't one of them. ****ing annoying ****! Wouldn't mind killing that whale troll :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

what do you mean by they bring security and you read the field manual?

i say this as someone who has only played a handful of times(and is waiting for it to be more complete)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

IvoryTower wrote: »
    what do you mean by they bring security and you read the field manual?

i say this as someone who has only played a handful of times(and is waiting for it to be more complete)

Probably another small squad that follows them or scouts ahead to make sure they don't get ambushed.

No idea what the field manual is but I assume it's some thread on reddit where they outline tactics and how they deal with certain scenarios etc.

Wouldn;t mind jumping on tonight for some banditry if anyones on? Only can do so much lone wolfing.

• Advertisement

I'll be online for an hour or so later as well, so i'll hop on the teamspeak server and see if anyone's about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'd love to ambush the Reddit Rescue Squad. I hate reddit :pac:

Here it is, a general sop. The SOP and it looks as if they have a lot of bases covered. Anyone come up with anything?

Here it is, a general sop. The DOS and don't and they have a lot of bases covered. Anyone come up with anything?

Ugh. Its so cringeworthy how seriously they take it. I've always imagined it'd be easy enough. Somewhere like Devils maybe? Have a player pretend to have broken his legs and join their ts then the others in the tower/forestry just kill as many as possible :pac: Go down fighting

I'd say they've got lots of experience with fighting off ambushes. The ranger guys would be fully kitted out, and you'd need more than a fireaxe to take them down :)

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd say they've got lots of experience with fighting off ambushes. The ranger guys would be fully kitted out, and you'd need more than a fireaxe to take them down :)

They seem to state ambushes arent that much of an issue. And tbf its not hard to kit yerself out in the current state of the game.

Would have thought so but the standard is that they make you log in to a server they choose while they monitor people logging in etc. They also don't want radio silence or mic muting so no flipping ts to talk with your crew!

And a reddit response rangers crew on ts ready to log on. They are the guys with the gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Self righteous nerds deserve to be ambushed!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Just on a side note folks, any of you watch Twitch.tv streams of the game?

Great to pass time for me while 'working'!

• Advertisement

Do people really just log in to low pop servers to gear up without any real danger? I was gonna make my way to the airfield or prison island, and don't expect to survive it. Feels like it'd be cheating to log in on another server.

Advertisement