Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Kiith wrote: »
    Do people really just log in to low pop servers to gear up without any real danger? I was gonna make my way to the airfield or prison island, and don't expect to survive it. Feels like it'd be cheating to log in on another server.

I do at times if I'm planning something, otherwise it's take by force or die trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Do people really just log in to low pop servers to gear up without any real danger? I was gonna make my way to the airfield or prison island, and don't expect to survive it. Feels like it'd be cheating to log in on another server.

You're more likely to find people at the NWAF and Prison island on low pop. People will go into a low pop server thinking it'll be safe since there's only 5 or 6 people on.

... Problem is the other 6 people were thinking the same. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Just hopped on there and my toon was sick. Seriously infected wounds. Prob from using a sewing kit before I logged off as I had no rags. I cleaned bandages in alcohol but this doesn't seem to be doing anything. Still getting the I have seriously infected wounds message. Been looking for antibiotics but no joy.

Died twice since my last post. 3 guys chased me for about 5 minutes, couldn't see a thing, when I get shot or hit by a zombie, my character goes blurry until I go into video settings in game to correct it. They eventually just blew me away with a shotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What servers are everyone on?

Currently playing on "The Fortunate Ones" and "DayZ Portugal"
    Would be good if we could get everyone on the same servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

My DayZ name is "Goldenface"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Don't see the point in all these 'survival mechanics' when you just end up shot dead....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've still not been killed by a player since i started playing again, though i came very close last night. Was running down the stairs in a tower, and saw someones rifle pointing through an open door. Absolutely **** myself and legged it through a hail of gunfire. Got to ground level and ran straight for the forest, with a few zombies chasing after me. Worked out well in the end though, as i stumbled upon a police station or military building, and got some nice armour and bags. Was good fun :)

Speaking of which, have the smaller cities gotten bigger since the mod was released? I spawned near a pretty big town last night, with a clock tower and small police base, and thought it was Cherno, but i was right on the border of the map. Is Krasnostav a bigger city now? There was also a canyon type thing just outside the city, with tall cliffs/rocks on either side.

Trying to get my bearings was always though.

I've still not been killed by a player since i started playing again, though i came very close last night. Was running down the stairs in a tower, and saw someones rifle pointing through an open door. Absolutely **** myself and legged it through a hail of gunfire. Got to ground level and ran straight for the forest, with a few zombies chasing after me. Worked out well in the end though, as i stumbled upon a police station or military building, and got some nice armour and bags. Was good fun :)

Speaking of which, have the smaller cities gotten bigger since the mod was released? I spawned near a pretty big town last night, with a clock tower and small police base, and thought it was Cherno, but i was right on the border of the map. Is Krasnostav a bigger city now? There was also a canyon type thing just outside the city, with tall cliffs/rocks on either side.

Trying to get my bearings was always though.

Sounds like Novo?

That looks about right on the map anyway. I can see the main building i was chased out of, and the open area i ran through when fleeing in terror :P

Guess i'll make my way for the airfield after looting that military building again.

• Advertisement

That looks about right on the map anyway. I can see the main building i was chased out of, and the open area i ran through when fleeing in terror :P

Guess i'll make my way for the airfield after looting that military building again.

That airfield is a waste of time I think, head more north I think for a military camp. Beside a lake. Or just get into the clock tower building and shoot everyone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

GO WEST!!!! GO NORTH WEST!!! GO WEST!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Looks like zombies are finally going to be a threat, all they need to add now is the "dinner bell"!

That's brilliant, and as it should be. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get it in game.

Nice to see multiple zombies, but they are still going to be the ****e zombies that are there now :( Imagine more of those glitchy bastards around!!

According to the latest status report, new zombie ai is incoming along with replacing the current zombies.
    "The infected are designed to be a threat for the survivors as their senses are more sensitive, they are moving fast on short distances and can be lethal in the close combat. You can encounter them mostly in the residential areas, the larger the area - the more infected are present. Areas can be purged which encourages to barricade structures and establish bases. After some time infected will be approaching the area again. As we want to promote stealth approach to encounters you can minimize chance of being seen or heard by wearing darker or camo clothes and light shoes, slowing down your movement, lowering your profile in crouch or prone, avoiding usage of lights and making noise and so on. Fortunately you can also distract them when they are wandering to unwanted destination with throwing the items witch makes noise, light or are somewhat attractive to them. You must be aware in such situation as they are quite interested what's going on around them. When you are focused they will try to hunt you down with no mercy while easily forming packs down the road. Even the doors or barricades cannot be trusted once they want to feed on you. They have fast acceleration but can slow down overtime or lost interest if you get too far after they eventually stumbled. In combat they are using different types of attack, based on distance and force, which makes the combat with them more interesting.

To wrap up brand new infected they will also have new visual and audio appearance which will be released gradually and will replace old models, textures and sound effects. We get together 50 different types of males and females infected, and they will be dressed in clothes you can find around so they will no longer look inconsistent with survivors. Some of them will be generic citizens, villagers but you can also look forward to different workers, clerks, policemans, soldiers, firefighters, paramedics, prisoners, patients, journalist, survivors.. and plenty of others."
    http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-3-mar-15

Scratch my comment up there then haha :P Hopefully these new zombies turn out good. Will be nice to actually get rid of the old zombie noises for once haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Watching the new clip reminded me of how the mod was in the early days. The mistake of shooting a Lee Enfield in the middle of Cherno or Elektro only to see a swarm of them chasing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,267 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I cannot wait for hordes of zombies. That'll make those coward snipers think twice about firing their pop guns, if 40 zombies start running up the stairs.

But they'll probably just log out. :rolleyes:

You have to wonder about the mentality of someone who sits on a tall building for ages waiting for a target, any target, to wander along.

They're the worst type of DayZ player.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I cannot wait for hordes of zombies. That'll make those coward snipers think twice about firing their pop guns, if 40 zombies start running up the stairs.

But they'll probably just log out. :rolleyes:

You have to wonder about the mentality of someone who sits on a tall building for ages waiting for a target, any target, to wander along.

They're the worst type of DayZ player.
    That's essentially a sniper's job...the crazy bastads!

• Advertisement

What, there's "jobs" now in 'DayZ'? Wow!

Snipers are arseholes. At the KOS dickheads have to get in close.

Tony EH wrote: »
    What, there's "jobs" now in 'DayZ'? Wow!

Snipers are arseholes. At the KOS dickheads have to get in close.
    I'm saying IRL.... :p

Any hardcore players? Enjoying it a bit more than regular these days.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Any hardcore players? Enjoying it a bit more than regular these days.

What you mean hard-core?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What you mean hard-core?

First person only servers.

If you're looking for some good hardcore servers, I recommend these(shameless self promotion:pac:):
    Server Information

Both servers are linked and character data is shared across both servers.

Host: Fragnet
    Persistence: Temporarily Disabled
    Restart schedule: 4hr
    Server Start Time: 6am

Server 1:(50 Slots)
    [=UN=] DayZ Private Hive #1 - Non-Whitelisted - hosted by Fragnet.net
    IP: 192.210.238.84:2502
    b_560_95_1.png

Server 2:(50 Slots)
    [=UN=] DayZ Private Hive #2 - Whitelisted - hosted by Fragnet.net
    IP: 198.144.183.66:2302
    b_560_95_1.png

First person only servers.

I always play first person.

I've nothing against 3rd person, but the the corner peaking/seeing over walls/hiding in bushes and being able to see perfectly kind of ruin the gameplay. If you don't do it you are at a huge disadvantage. Stand off's that used to be tense and unpredictable turn into boring stalemates where both sides just use cover and the camera to try and see each other before they are visible and gain an advantage that way.

Started playing hardcore recently and really like it. It's a shame though that there aren't as many servers compared to regular.

• Advertisement

Fan made DayZ trailer. Probably one of the best i've ever seen

Advertisement