Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Was again for a little bit.

Looks prettier and plays smoother.

But it's still the same game.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Seems to be a new Ireland dayz server up?

Anyone seen this?

Dayz Ireland 24/7
    IP: 212.38.168.56
    Port: 2302.

Seems to be a public server, only seen it pop up a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Its been a good while since I played this properly just spawned into that server mentioned above and Im not even sure where I am. Also still no zombies anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

There are zombie's, they seem to spawn more around Military Zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Anyone play regularly? I've started play with a few friends a couple of times a week. Would be good be get folks on the same server for some fun interaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

grizzly wrote: »
    Anyone play regularly? I've started play with a few friends a couple of times a week. Would be good be get folks on the same server for some fun interaction.

what server do ye go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

New patch .61 is going live today/stable today!

Bring on the wolves! There are quite a lot of new and interesting features... should bring the player count up significantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

what the story with this? Is it all but dead, standalone and mods?

I played the ARMA 2 mod, then there's this and I know A3 has a mod but don't know which if any has the player population

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The community around the Arma 2 mod has gotten pretty small now and the most popular type of Dayz they are playing hasn't much in common with the original mod. I've never played the standalone so can't comment on that although I think it has a reasonable player base, has it made it out of the alpha stage of developement yet? :pac: There are some Arma 3 mods like Exile which I played. They are kind of a hybrid between wasteland and the original dayz mod if you ask me but I enjoyed exile for a while. Playing Arma with mods has gotten a lot easier with the steam workshop and the Arma 3 launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MadYaker wrote: »
    The community around the Arma 2 mod has gotten pretty small now and the most popular type of Dayz they are playing hasn't much in common with the original mod. I've never played the standalone so can't comment on that although I think it has a reasonable player base, has it made it out of the alpha stage of developement yet? :pac: There are some Arma 3 mods like Exile which I played. They are kind of a hybrid between wasteland and the original dayz mod if you ask me but I enjoyed exile for a while. Playing Arma with mods has gotten a lot easier with the steam workshop and the Arma 3 launcher.

Thats what we played and started playing again last week. Exile is so easy to set up now and works really well. Exile mod itself really grew too.
    No zombies, but it has other aspects of DayZ. Its more of a Cod version of hardcore DayZ. Easy to jump in and play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

cursai wrote: »
    what server do ye go on?

Wow late reply!

I play here; https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/185.16.86.37:2402/ most speak English and it enchurages interaction not just KOS.

It has a system where you can trade loot in at a good exchange rate; http://padayz.enjin.com/trading

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, after whatever amount of time its been, DayZ is finally going to Beta.

Does anyone still care at this stage? Is there much of a player base these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Game is pretty dead but I'm sure there'll be a temporary influx of players whenever it moves into beta just like there is with most of the updates. I think it's too little too late for dayz at this point tough

Games like Player Unknown's Battlegrounds have distilled down the most enjoyable aspects of a game like Dayz so most people are just playing them instead. I'm sure there are some people who enjoy the insane level of detail in the medical system and weapon csutomisation and stuff like that but for most people that stuff is an annoyance more than a benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its such a shame,i loved the DayZ mod amd had high hopes for this but its just gone on to long. I think Bohemia are a good company and make good games but they ultimately messed up with this one. Having to re do the engine really sunk it.

It does have mod support though so that may save it on PC if the game doesnt change much from now to release. Its supposed to be coming to PS4 too so theres a console audience that havent played DayZ so could do well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Haven't played for a number of months. But will pop in for the beta. But, the fact that I haven't been in most of the year, when I used to play it nightly, says a lot.

However, 'DayZ' is probably the game that's given me the most exciting moments I've had in any game. But, it's offset with large periods of quiet. I suppose that's what makes the moments of tension so great. That moment when you meet another player that could be an antagonist or a friendly hasn't been replicated anywhere else. I've been literally shaking playing the game at times.

PUBG might have the 'DayZ' killzone going on, but lacks everything else. Plus that white area mechanic is bloody awful. But, 'DayZ' lacks an awful lot too and needs content badly. I'm hoping that Beta will up the ante. But, unfortunately, I think the game in on a downward spiral and has been for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

bump!

so the new engine build is out, they've been working on it for the last few years apparently, hence the lack of updates. it looks good. player numbers are creeping up again and even shroud streamed it yesterday.

better late the never i suppose!

froog wrote: »
    bump!

so the new engine build is out, they've been working on it for the last few years apparently, hence the lack of updates. it looks good. player numbers are creeping up again and even shroud streamed it yesterday.

better late the never i suppose!

Yup they've been carrying out stress tests over the past month or so and today released the build on to experimental. In the server admin group I'm a part of the devs have said that communities will be able to switch their own servers over to this build shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

got an hour on it last night, great frame rate, smooth movement. inventory is still a pain though!

• Advertisement

Haven't had a chance yet. Hopefully get some time on it on my next day off. I need to get some footage to make some promo vids for my serverðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

So I have slapped about 20hours or so into this game again in the last couple of weeks now we are on .63 I am really enjoying it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Downloaded the game again in work earlier. Curious to see what its like in .63

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Downloaded the game again in work earlier. Curious to see what its like in .63

You won’t be disappointed and if you are looking for some to run with add me on steam chewythefirst666

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Nothing but "Connection Failed" errors.

Managed to join one server for a few seconds before it crashed out.

Good to see the re-write is up to scratch.

Are you sure you are on the experimental branch? Keep an eye on the DayzDevTeam twitter for updates about servers etc. Game performance is brilliant now, much better than the early days. They have nailed the atmosphere too, ambient sounds & wind etc. Zombies are still a bit ****e. Need lots of food and water to survive. Haven't played much to say more than that. It is most certainly progress.....after about 10 years haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I installed it over the weekend, and played for an hour or so. First two servers i joined had massive rubber banding issues, but the 3rd was fine. Found some guns, killed some zombies and enjoyed it for a while. Definitely runs better than it used to, and seems more stable.

It's missing so many features etc in experimental that I wont bother putting much time into it until it hits stable. Or they add stuff to experimental

was playing last night and in 15min ON THE COAST i might add i found an AK with a mag loads of rounds and single shot rifle, 9mm hand gun and a scorpion!!! they have really uped the gun loot finally.
    how is everyone else finding the .63 patch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Been playing recently and actually enjoying myself, which is something for DayZ. With base building and everything else included in the beta release it's quite fun now.

We managed to get a car working the other day so had fun rolling around the map in that, and did a couple of raids on the Northwest Airfield.

Advertisement