Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find gift boxes?

Options
  • 17-12-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of Xmas pressies that I would like to put in gift boxes, the kind you just lift the lid of, like big boxes of chocolate. Any one know where I'd get something like that, on the Northside preferably? Both items are bulky pieces of clothing, so the boxes would need to be at least 3-4 inches deep & about 8-12 inches long. I've seen boxes in supermarkets and post offices, but they are generally for posting items. I need a box that looks festive/gifty. It doesn't need to be Christmassy, just gifty. Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I have a couple of Xmas pressies that I would like to put in gift boxes, the kind you just lift the lid of, like big boxes of chocolate. Any one know where I'd get something like that, on the Northside preferably? Both items are bulky pieces of clothing, so the boxes would need to be at least 3-4 inches deep & about 8-12 inches long. I've seen boxes in supermarkets and post offices, but they are generally for posting items. I need a box that looks festive/gifty. It doesn't need to be Christmassy, just gifty. Ta.

Try tiger in the gpo arcade. I've got a few different size cardboard boxes with lids in there. Prefect for gift boxes, I just use them for storage. Nice patterns and if you wanted I'm sure they have festive colours this time of year! Cheap too only €3 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Bought some boxes in Dunnes yesterday. Various sizes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Easons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dunnes have some really nice storage boxes with a ribbon tie and a sparkly pattern on them at the moment,

7566476.jpg

7566476_duck-egg.jpg

They're in a few different colours and they really do look gift-y and special

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks. I know about the Dunnes storage boxes. I already have a couple of them that I use for storing photos. They are great, but I wanted something that is shallower and more specifically for a gift. The Dunnes boxes are too deep. The items in question (cashmere cardigans) would be lost inside them. I want to fold them nicely, wrap them in tissue paper & lay them flat in the box and, not have to worry about them jiggling about in empty space and getting creased. First world problems, eh?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's not on the Northside but Paperchase in Arnotts should have giftboxes that suit, it won't be as large a selection as on their website but still should have something nice

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/gift-wrapping/gift-boxes+amp-bags/icat/gpgiftboxesandbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Arnotts is most definitely Northside!

Arnotts is most definitely Northside!

D'oh! My brain has taken a walk on me today!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's not on the Northside but Paperchase in Arnotts should have giftboxes that suit, it won't be as large a selection as on their website but still should have something nice

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/gift-wrapping/gift-boxes+amp-bags/icat/gpgiftboxesandbags

Brilliant. Their shirt boxes are exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a mill. If anyone knows where I could get something like them, without having to schelp into town, I'd be very grateful. Was in a Dunnes, a Tiger, a Tesco, a Pennys, a Lidl, Donaghmede and Clarehall shopping centres and found nowt. Am surprised at that, it being the time of the year that it is. I know the Irish are more into wrapping stuff than they are putting them into bags or boxes, but you'd think that there would be a decent level of demand for them at Xmas, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

I've never seen them over here, even ebay are coming up short on it.

I picked up a pack of five of them (plain white card) in the US for about $4 a number of years ago, every year after Xmas, they've been packed up until the next year. Handy thing to have & I've no idea why you can't get them here.

EDIT: I've just gone looking to see if I could spare at least one for you, but it appears we've only two left. Sorry OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

Think ive seen some in ikea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Some Dealz have them, I spotted them in the one in Blanch a few weeks ago.

Advertisement