Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub on Coney island?

Options
  • 17-12-2013 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Looking for general info on Coney island but only really finding directions and
    not much more. No pics really. I gather there's a pub and will be visiting sligo with friends around new years, so just wondering is it worth the trip out if there'll be around ten of us? as in is it a very very small pub where we'd maybe not get seats

any info or particularly links to photos would be much appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

The pub on the island is very small and only serves cans and spirits. I am not sure if it is even open at this time of year as there may not be enough people staying on the island. It is worth driving over for a nice walk to pass an hour or so. Stick to the pubs in Rosses point or strandhill tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

If you want a pub in coastal/rural setting check out the Beach Bar at Aughris. Its a bit of a drive to it, but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

check out magnum lady's blog...she just published a piece on coney island...!! http://magnumlady.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Its a nice wee pub and the publican, Michael, is a gent. If you ring him and say you're coming he'll open especially for you.

The Beach Bar is a probably a better shout though, does decent food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Matches wrote: »
    The pub on the island is very small and only serves cans and spirits. I am not sure if it is even open at this time of year as there may not be enough people staying on the island. It is worth driving over for a nice walk to pass an hour or so. Stick to the pubs in Rosses point or strandhill tbh.

Whilst you can drive out to it, not sure I would my self unless driving an older car, the salt/sand on the causeway could do some damage. Best suggestion is to keep a close eye on thetide times and walk/cycle out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

Thanks all! much obliged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Hope you don't mind. But whilst we are on the subject, are there any other lesser known Sligo pubs in coastal locations? I might do some "research" over the Chrimbo.

Advertisement