Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock or elsewhere??

Options
  • 17-12-2013 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    I grew up in the rock (as did my father and his father before him etc) and I was considering moving back.
    I left around 2000 but still love the area.

I now have children and I was wondering what the place was like now. School/community spiritetc

What's the cost of houses in the area. Or any sites about?

We would not have huge money to spend and we would be leaving a tracker mortgage to move (living in 5 bed detached on 1/2 acre site at the mo in midlands) so would ideally not want a 3 bed semi but may consider at a push.

Anyone any advice/recommendations etc

Also is the AOH hall in cocklehill up for sale- can't find it on the net but believe there is a sign on it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

To be honest,a few enquiries to local estate agents would give you more accurate information on the housing front compared to speculation here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Late to this thread I know. The prish of Blackrock and Haggardstown has changed and is much more integrated even in that last ten years or so. There is still a difference in price whereby a poor condition coast front house will be similar in cost to say purchasing a site and a building to your own spec on the Chapel Rd for example. It is no longer if you are from the rock that soccer is your game and haggardstown its GAA with the Dublin Rd aa divide that is hard to cross. I didnt note the AOH Hall up for sale but i think it would be pity to become a private dwelling.

Advertisement