If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony AV Receiver

Options
  • 17-12-2013 5:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking to get one of the Sony Strdh520 listed on Richersounds.com please. Can you let me know how much in total including delivery to Tipperary.
    Replacing my Denon 1311 that I got from you guys previously as I need the ARC with only the one hdmi buried in the wall. Not sure how they are in comparison to each other but only using with a set of Boston XS5.1
    Let me know who I need to PM my number to, to complete the sale. Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi guys, I'm looking to get one of the Sony Strdh520 listed on Richersounds.com please. Can you let me know how much in total including delivery to Tipperary.
    Replacing my Denon 1311 that I got from you guys previously as I need the ARC with only the one hdmi buried in the wall. Not sure how they are in comparison to each other but only using with a set of Boston XS5.1
    Let me know who I need to PM my number to, to complete the sale. Thanks
    Johnny,

many thanks for the post - the Sony is now a finished line for us and has gone ' last few to clear' in all our stores, in Belfast we have already cleared all our remaining stocks including our Demo unit at £79.95.

The 520 has now been replaced by the STRDH540 at £129.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdh540/sony-strdh540 , however for  few extra quid - if you were replacing a 1311 I'd spend an extra little and get the Pioneer VSX323 at £149.95: http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx323/pion-vsx323-blk or if you can bust the budget that Yamaha RXV375 has been reduced to £199.95 and it's really an amazing amp for this money: http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv375/yama-rxv375-blk

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist and if you would like to purchase any of these just PM or mail us your contact numbers and one of the guys will give you a shout to get your delivery sorted,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Thanks John,

I think Id prefer to go with the Sony, even just in terms of the speaker terminals on the back. Unless I'm not seeing something there doesn't seem to be much between the sony and the pioneer (other than the RMS), with the sony probably just having the edge with amount of connections. It might also help with some issues I've had with the ps3 not passing through the denon at 1080p, with 3D.

What would be the very best you could do on the sony including delivery and ill see if the budget can stretch to it?

Thanks John,

I think Id prefer to go with the Sony, even just in terms of the speaker terminals on the back. Unless I'm not seeing something there doesn't seem to be much between the sony and the pioneer (other than the RMS), with the sony probably just having the edge with amount of connections. It might also help with some issues I've had with the ps3 not passing through the denon at 1080p, with 3D.

What would be the very best you could do on the sony including delivery and ill see if the budget can stretch to it?
    Johnny,

'fraid £129.95 + £12.95 delivery is as tight as we can go on the STRDH540 - as ever if you can find it cheaper anywhere in Ireland we will happily pricebeat any cheaper price - to be honest its in short supply and we are not even supposed to ship them ( but I'll boardie break the rules for you..;) )  

Keep us posted and if you would like to order please just drop us a PM or a mail with your contact details and I'll get one of teh guys to give you a shout to get you sorted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ill take it at that so John, Ill PM you now

Hi John,

Notwithstanding the query I sent by PM, will it still be possible to get this (or alternative) down to me before Xmas or am I realistically looking at the new year at this stage? (Not in a huge rush either btw)

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Notwithstanding the query I sent by PM, will it still be possible to get this (or alternative) down to me before Xmas or am I realistically looking at the new year at this stage? (Not in a huge rush either btw)
    Have come back to your PM and still no problem shipping to you for Christmas so long as we have the items available from stock,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.