Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JCB 8060

• 17-12-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I have a JCB 8060 that needs servicing, I have never serviced anything before with the oil filter upside down on top of the engine so just wondering if there is a technique for this so that I don't get oil everywhere. Any othe tips anyone might have for this would be great.

Also what oil do I need for the engine and track motors?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Using a vacuum oil extractor to pull most of the oil out the dipstik would help, but basically, you're into rags and blue-paper territory to sop up the oil once you break the seal. The oil that drips helps prevent rust anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭muddle84

Thanks for that. Have you serviced one of these before??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

muddle84 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Have you serviced one of these before??
    Yup, and all the VW industrial engines used in heavy equipment are the same - filter on ar5e-down-ways - all you can do is drain the oil and then crack em with loads of blue paper. And when you're servicing the 8060, change all the filters, there's a fair few - and if you can, use ECI filters as they seem to be a better job. The lads in Baldonnell will even print you out a sheet with the locations of all the filters on if you ask nicely, as well as giving you a complete kit to do the service. Saves a bit of messing, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭muddle84

As i'm over the west side of the country I won't be going to Baldonnell. But I will try ECI in Galway if they are still there. Have you any idea where I would get my hands on a workshop manual for said machine??

Advertisement