Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Neighbours

Options
  • 17-12-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few friends moved in to a large terraced house in north inner city Dub in September, and have been having issues with a couple of neighbours since then.

The house directly next door to us is split into studio apartments, one of which is occupied by a couple in their 40-50s. They are constantly killing each other - arguing, fighting, banging and slamming doors. Add to that playing (absolutely f* cking terrible) dance music at all hours of the morning.

Due to the layout of the houses, one housemate gets it particularly bad. Her bedroom is directly beside their studio and the noise is ridiculous, she has had to resort to industrial earplugs to try and get sleep. However, more often than not they are arguing in the hallway of their house, and you can hear them everywhere in our house.

Garda have been called three times previously about the noise, not interested and no real help there. I sent a third party application for landlord details to the PRTB and have received the response this morning with the landlord's name and address.

I'm just wondering now what exactly should I say to the landlord and how strong should I be in the letter? I've also found a landline for him listed with 11890, is it fair enough to try and contact him on this?

NB - You may be wondering why we haven't confronted them ourselves. A couple in their 40s sounds innocent enough, but the reality is - they are junkie scum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

maximoose wrote: »
    I've also found a landline for him listed with 11890, is it fair enough to try and contact him on this?

Each and every time they are causing trouble, no matter what time of the day or night it might be.

You have the landlords details; write them a detailed letter outlining the issues and the fact that the Gardai have been involved. You have the option of pursuing their landlord through the PRTB also if they dont deal with the matter, but writing to them first to outline the issues, then becoming a never ending pain in their backside every time the couple step out of line might yield quicker results.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thanks. I'll get the letter out in the post this morning detailing everything and asking him to contact me, if I haven't heard back by Friday I'll try giving him a ring (or ring in the mean time if they are acting maggots again between now and then, which is likely)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

find the landlords number.. always a way. give it to everyone you know in the vicinity affected by this activity. Call as often as you like. Problem would be long been sorted.

Advertisement