Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Prodigy - Marquee Cork - 2nd July 2014

Options
  • 17-12-2013 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Five years after their last appearance in Cork, The Prodigy have confirmed a return to Live At The Marquee 2014 on 2 July. Tickets go on sale this Thursday, 19 December at 9.00am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

The ProdGidy daycent

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Amazing live act, would recommend to anyone! Won't make unfortunately as I'll probably be Stateside at the time, was at their last gig there though, my first gig aged fifteen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'll be going out of curiosity. Always wanted to see them so I guess there's no better chance than 20 minutes down the road!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'll be going out of curiosity. Always wanted to see them so I guess there's no better chance than 20 minutes down the road!!!

You won't regret it. I've seen them twice live and they are unbelievable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

saw them in 09 in the marquee ..............fab!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I wonder is there any chance of them playing Dublin as well?

The Royal Kilmainham gigs are a few days before but would be kinda pointless having an outdoor Prodigy gig in June/July. Way too bright out for a light show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    I wonder is there any chance of them playing Dublin as well?

The Royal Kilmainham gigs are a few days before but would be kinda pointless having an outdoor Prodigy gig in June/July. Way too bright out for a light show.

Maybe back for Electric Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Could they play the 02 again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

What's the chances of a Dublin date? And the likelihood of cork selling out? Id go to cork if no Dublin date was on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

They wait till cork in sold out and then they will announce dublin adn maybe belfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nidge_Weasel

Any idea of price / when will we get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Bowlardo wrote: »
    They wait till cork in sold out and then they will announce dublin adn maybe belfast

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Festival season is in full swing at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Naessens

Any idea on how much they should be selling for? I'm hoping my bank acc. can handle two tickets :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ooft €60.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

fewtins wrote: »
    Ooft €60.

Ouch that is pricey even for the Prodigy and guessing you wont be getting any decent support either

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I bough 2 standing tickets together and then another 2 seperately. The ticket receipt gave me seat and row numbers even thou its standing. whats the story with that. Are there actually seats in the standing area and will be away from each other instead of being in a group?

These sold out all ready?

Nevermind, I struggle with the internet sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

oppiuy wrote: »
    I bough 2 standing tickets together and then another 2 seperately. The ticket receipt gave me seat and row numbers even thou its standing. whats the story with that. Are there actually seats in the standing area and will be away from each other instead of being in a group?

You always get what appear like "Seat Number" on tickets. It's the way the venue/Aiken Promotions keep track of tickets sold. The Marquee is not like the O2, even if you have a seated ticket, you can stand so you won't have any problems.
    These sold out all ready?

Nevermind, I struggle with the internet sometimes

Still seems to be plenty available on ticketmaster. I checked at 11.30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

last time they played at the marquee in the summer they went to dublin and belfast later that year in december

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

last time they played at the marquee in the summer they went to dublin and belfast later that year in december

the Marquee gig is a Wednesday, what's the betting they will play Dublin on the Thurs or Friday and on to Belfast then from there.

• Advertisement

the Marquee gig is a Wednesday, what's the betting they will play Dublin on the Thurs or Friday and on to Belfast then from there.

knebworth is friday to sunday, prodigy are the headline act for friday iron maiden saturday and metallica sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Wednesday is a ridiculous day to have a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's the marquee?!

Just head over after work

Ireland gets the leftovers from UK tours, Cork gets leftovers from Dublin/Belfast. We're lucky to have them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

would be class if one of the old school tunes they played was Jericho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DoraLauraLou

Have loved The Prodigy since I was a little kid and my dad would play Fat Of The Land in the car! Any chances of seeing them live have been dashed until this year, and I'm so excited to be going.
    Does anybody know what sort of time that people would start to queue for this gig? Planning on travelling down on the bus from Mayo with my sister. Wondering if we should travel overnight to arrive in the morning, or if we'd be okay to arrive in the mid afternoon?

Last time that were on in the marquee I drove in at six and the queue was only 20 minutes long
    Plenty of parking too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Have loved The Prodigy since I was a little kid and my dad would play Fat Of The Land in the car! Any chances of seeing them live have been dashed until this year, and I'm so excited to be going.
    Does anybody know what sort of time that people would start to queue for this gig? Planning on travelling down on the bus from Mayo with my sister. Wondering if we should travel overnight to arrive in the morning, or if we'd be okay to arrive in the mid afternoon?
    Definitely no point in travelling overnight. it's easy enough to get to the front even when the act is playing. You turn up before the support start and you'll be front row centre. I've never gone down there before 6, absolutely no point trying to get down there before then, might not even be open by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DoraLauraLou

That helps a lot, thanks guys! I won't be so worried about what time the bus gets in now, we should be safe getting on one that leaves at a more sociable hour. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

barry194 wrote: »
    would be class if one of the old school tunes they played was Jericho!

They did the last time, but I'm pretty sure his synth blew up in the middle of it.

I just thought it was a remix until I could see Liam grabbing one of the techs by the throat.

I'd love to hear them play Gabba sometime again, but there's no hope of that happening.

Advertisement