Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Installation Nightmare

Options
  • 17-12-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

eFibre Nightmare

I decided to sign up with Eircom on the 7th Nov 13. I ordered eFibre and was given an installation date. I booked time off work to meet the technician. The day of the installation the technician reported there was a problem with the line. When Eircom gave me an installation date within a week of the account activation I assumed this line fault would be resolved within a reasonable working time frame.

The technician more or less high tailed out of the house in a mad panic saying the Eircom team would be in contact with me on Monday. Well Monday came and went with no call and no resolution to the problem. I rang Eircom and was told someone would be in contact with me. Again nobody contacted me. . I rang the technical faults line and after many calls with them I was finally given an appointment for an Eircom technician to call to the house to resolve the technical issue with the line. More time booked off work to meet the faults technician and resolve the issue. Finally this was resolved and again it was up to me to ring Eircom to inform them of this and try and make another appointment for the eFibre.

I can honestly say I must have rang Eircom over 30 times spending many hours of frustrating calls. I actually can’t believe that a service to just get an appointment could be so bad. I was told my case was escalated and I would be contacted within 3-5 working days. Again no call. Multiple phone calls later it was escalated to the high priority team and was assured I would be contacted within 48 hours. Course no contacted from Eircom again. I have been ringing them nearly every day or so and it’s the same story every time. “Your case has been escalated and you will be contacted with an appointment within xx amount of hours”. Or “Your case has been emailed to the service Manager” but always with the same result that Eircom do best is totally ignore your case. It is now the 17-Dec-13 and I still have no eFibre.

I am considering joining a different ISP provider. I think one of the main aspects for a business is to have customer service which actually works for the customer and not the other way round. I am the only one who is driving the case which is consuming so much of my time and plus I have already lost out on wages due to taking time off work to meet technicians. I have spent serious amounts of hours on the phone trying to resolve this with no outcome yet.

I am seriously disappointed with Eircom. . Any advice would be much appreciated..

Order Number: 1227348

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rokell wrote: »
    eFibre Nightmare

I decided to sign up with Eircom on the 7th Nov 13. I ordered eFibre and was given an installation date. I booked time off work to meet the technician.  The day of the installation the technician reported there was a problem with the line. When Eircom gave me an installation date within a week of the account activation I assumed this line fault would be resolved within a reasonable working time frame.

The technician more or less high tailed out of the house in a mad panic saying the Eircom team would be in contact with me on Monday. Well Monday came and went with no call and no resolution to the problem. I rang Eircom and was told someone would be in contact with me. Again nobody contacted me. . I rang the technical faults line and after many calls with them I was finally given an appointment for an Eircom technician to call to the house to resolve the technical issue with the line.  More time booked off work to meet the faults technician and resolve the issue. Finally this was resolved and again it was up to me to ring Eircom to inform them of this and try and make another appointment for the eFibre.

I can honestly say I must have rang Eircom over 30 times spending many hours of frustrating calls. I actually can’t believe that a service to just get an appointment could be so bad.  I was told my case was escalated and I would be contacted within 3-5 working days. Again no call. Multiple phone calls later it was escalated to the high priority team and was assured I would be contacted within 48 hours. Course no contacted from Eircom again. I have been ringing them nearly every day or so and it’s the same story every time. “Your case has been escalated and you will be contacted with an appointment within xx amount of hours”. Or “Your case has been emailed to the service Manager” but always with the same result that Eircom do best is totally ignore your case. It is now the 17-Dec-13 and I still have no eFibre.

I am considering joining a different ISP provider. I think one of the main aspects for a business is to have customer service which actually works for the customer and not the other way round. I am the only one who is driving the case which is consuming so much of my time and plus I have already lost out on wages due to taking time off work to meet technicians. I have spent serious amounts of hours on the phone trying to resolve this with no outcome yet.

I am seriously disappointed with Eircom. . Any advice would be much appreciated..

Hi rokell

I am very sorry to hear of this, I can appreciate the disappointment and inconvenience this can cause. Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look into this in more detail.

Thank you

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rokell

Update:

I rang Eircom on Friday 13 Dec and was talking to a guy called Gavin. He assured me he would get me an appointment and I was on the phone for 1 hour to him. Mostly waiting while he contacted other departments. So with a promise of a call back on Monday to update me of the situation. Well it never happened, no call back again as usual.

So I rang again this morning 09:30am 17 Dec. I was talking to Graham. I went through the whole situation with the Eircom rep yet again. He sent a mail to the Manager said this will resolve it.... Assured me he would call me back and again no call....just even an update!!!!

17:00 17-Dec. Escalation team is now finished work at Eircom and I have not received a call all day. I rang Eircom again and I was talking to an Eircom Rep called Rachel. Same situation mail sent to the manager.

I have four cases open with eircom since the 29- Nov regarding my situation and not one call back.

Update:

Rang Eircom this morning 09:30am. Speaking to an Eircom Rep Donna. Explained the situation again. Donna contacted the Wholesale Department for eFibre and eventually informed me that I should have an appointment for Monday 23 rd Dec. I was informed I will get a call from the Eircom Department today to confirm the appointment.  Will update if I get a call today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Update:

Rang Eircom this morning 09:30am. Speaking to an Eircom Rep Donna. Explained the situation again. Donna contacted the Wholesale Department for eFibre and eventually informed me that I should have an appointment for Monday 23 rd Dec. I was informed I will get a call from the Eircom Department today to confirm the appointment.  Will update if I get a call today....
    Hi Rokell,

I have checked with the efibre escalations team regarding the current open complaint REF: 1228994 They confirmed what you have outlined and we asked that the call back / confirmation be treated as a priority.

Thanks, Mark

Update,

Rang Eircom again today around 15:00pm. Checked the case for an update as nobody has even contacted me yet. Again I was told someone would be in contact regarding my case appointment.

Mark I have honestly heard from Eircom reps saying exactly what you wrote. I have heard this ohhhh god I dont't  know how many times lost count at this stage. Its just a poor reflection of a  company service. Especially a compay which is trying to rebuild its place in the market share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

I've been going through this since the 4th of October. Contact Comreg and let them handle it after the two weeks Eircom have to respond.

The first call I received from Eircom after the first appointment took two months and that was only after I contacted Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

I know I appreciate how long your issues have been ongoing. I know or responses can come accross as very repetitive.

We have sent on the escalations each time and I have done so again to keep pushing it for you.

Mark 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clnery

eFibre Nightmare

I decided to sign up with Eircom on the 7th Nov 13. I ordered eFibre and was given an installation date. I booked time off work to meet the technician.  The day of the installation the technician reported there was a problem with the line. When Eircom gave me an installation date within a week of the account activation I assumed this line fault would be resolved within a reasonable working time frame.

The technician more or less high tailed out of the house in a mad panic saying the Eircom team would be in contact with me on Monday. Well Monday came and went with no call and no resolution to the problem. I rang Eircom and was told someone would be in contact with me. Again nobody contacted me. . I rang the technical faults line and after many calls with them I was finally given an appointment for an Eircom technician to call to the house to resolve the technical issue with the line.  More time booked off work to meet the faults technician and resolve the issue. Finally this was resolved and again it was up to me to ring Eircom to inform them of this and try and make another appointment for the eFibre.

I can honestly say I must have rang Eircom over 30 times spending many hours of frustrating calls. I actually can’t believe that a service to just get an appointment could be so bad.  I was told my case was escalated and I would be contacted within 3-5 working days. Again no call. Multiple phone calls later it was escalated to the high priority team and was assured I would be contacted within 48 hours. Course no contacted from Eircom again. I have been ringing them nearly every day or so and it’s the same story every time. “Your case has been escalated and you will be contacted with an appointment within xx amount of hours”. Or “Your case has been emailed to the service Manager” but always with the same result that Eircom do best is totally ignore your case. It is now the 17-Dec-13 and I still have no eFibre.

Dear Rokell - 

Four months since your post, I can assure you that nothing has changed with Eircom's eFibre service. I could have written your complaint word for word. Suffice to say, as per your experience the installation technician got nervous and high-tailed it out of the house saying service would be up in "40 minutes max". I was then told by Tech Support to "wait a few hours"...then "2 to 3 business days"...then "5 to 10 business days"...then finally "some customers have been waiting for more than 30 days". Have stayed home twice now for technicians who don't show / don't leave voice mail, have never spoke to the same person twice and have spent over 6 hours in the past week (with at least 2 hours on hold alone) with Eircom Tech Support /eFibre Support and Customer Loyalty who, despite this shocking service, will not allow me to cancel the contract. Finally purchased a broadband dongle at O2 for 40 euros. I was told by the O2 rep that they are experiencing similar issues with their Eircom subcontracts. In the meantime I will be pursuing my case with ComReg and would recommend anyone in a similar situation to do likewise. Eircom Reps please feel free to check out my eFibre case ref : 1303497. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

clnery wrote: »
    eFibre Nightmare

Dear Rokell - 

Four months since your post, I can assure you that nothing has changed with Eircom's eFibre service. I could have written your complaint word for word. Suffice to say, as per your experience the installation technician got nervous and high-tailed it out of the house saying service would be up in "40 minutes max". I was then told by Tech Support to "wait a few hours"...then "2 to 3 business days"...then "5 to 10 business days"...then finally "some customers have been waiting for more than 30 days". Have stayed home twice now for technicians who don't show / don't leave voice mail, have never spoke to the same person twice and have spent over 6 hours in the past week (with at least 2 hours on hold alone) with Eircom Tech Support /eFibre Support and Customer Loyalty who, despite this shocking service, will not allow me to cancel the contract. Finally purchased a broadband dongle at O2 for 40 euros. I was told by the O2 rep that they are experiencing similar issues with their Eircom subcontracts. In the meantime I will be pursuing my case with ComReg and would recommend anyone in a similar situation to do likewise. Eircom Reps please feel free to check out my eFibre case ref : 1303497. 
    Hi clnery
    This is obviously a bad customer experience and I understand your frustration and desire to cancel. I have checked into the ref you provide and can see that the agent you spoke to has made an appointment for this Wednesday and that if any delay in this he will call you back..
    I have sent on a reminder to follow through on this and if this s not the case can you please let us know here.
    This should have been resolved for you ages ago and our apologies that it has taken so long.
    Tony

Advertisement