Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your the Manager..Whats your best team!!

Options
  • 17-12-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Ok Guys,
    We are all banging on about new managers etc etc..
    So, lets put ourselves in his shoes!!
    Pick your strongest team and formation..
    None of this balloney about home sides and away sides..
    I can almost gaurantee that noone will have the same team, sure we'll all have mixed formations too probably.
    And assuming they are all fit too...make it easy for us.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

LLoris
    Walker
    Vertonghen
    Kaboul
    Chirices
    Lennon
    Sandro
    Eriksen
    Lamela
    Adebayor
    Soldado

I should caveat this with I don't believe our full backs are good enough. I'd rotate Vlad and Jan depending on who the opposition was.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Home Games

Loris

Vlad
    Kabooooom
    Vertongen (CPT)

Lennon
    Sando
    Paulinho
    Dembele
    Chadli

Soldado
    Adebayor

Away

Loris
    Walker
    Vertogen
    Vlad
    Rose

Lennon
    Sandro
    Capoue
    Dembele
    Townsend

Soldado or Adebayor

At home we need to take more chances. I'd like to see three at the back. i think we'd be comfortable. If the real Adebayor stands up between now and the summer i think himself and soldado would be great together. If not id Give Eriksen a free role to wander like VDV did

Away back to 4-5-1, agaimn depending on who we are playing. Not a fan of townsend but i think if we change our style and he's played on the left, it gives us pace on the wings. Capoue in the hold with sandro and Dembele futher forward.

I suspect, Levy to give me a ring asking about availabilties. Really interested in others selections. This is a good thread :)

Havent seen Enough of Eriksen but hopefully with a good style of play he'll realy delight us and Is Lamela up to scratch or another GDS. Defoe isnt good enough. Some say he's a great finisher but for me he just smacks the ball as hard as he can and doesnt add much else to the team.

Also i really do not know what our best team is and wouldnt argue with any selections submitted. AND I DIDNT READ THE FULL POST SO SORRY ABOUT HOME AND AWAY SIDES, My BAD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Llorris

Holtby
    Holtby
    Holtby
    Holtby

Holtby
    Holtby
    Holtby
    Holtby

Holtby
    Holtby

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

oppiuy wrote: »
    Home Games

Loris

Vlad
    Kabooooom
    Vertongen (CPT)

Lennon
    Sando
    Paulinho
    Dembele
    Chadli

Soldado
    Adebayor

Away

Loris
    Walker
    Vertogen
    Vlad
    Rose

Lennon
    Sandro
    Capoue
    Dembele
    Townsend

Soldado or Adebayor

At home we need to take more chances. I'd like to see three at the back. i think we'd be comfortable. If the real Adebayor stands up between now and the summer i think himself and soldado would be great together. If not id Give Eriksen a free role to wander like VDV did

Away back to 4-5-1, agaimn depending on who we are playing. Not a fan of townsend but i think if we change our style and he's played on the left, it gives us pace on the wings. Capoue in the hold with sandro and Dembele futher forward.

I suspect, Levy to give me a ring asking about availabilties. Really interested in others selections. This is a good thread :)

Havent seen Enough of Eriksen but hopefully with a good style of play he'll realy delight us and Is Lamela up to scratch or another GDS. Defoe isnt good enough. Some say he's a great finisher but for me he just smacks the ball as hard as he can and doesnt add much else to the team.

Also i really do not know what our best team is and wouldnt argue with any selections submitted. AND I DIDNT READ THE FULL POST SO SORRY ABOUT HOME AND AWAY SIDES, My BAD

Thats my line!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Loris,walker,verts ,vlad,rose,lennon,sandro,dembele,chadli, Lamela,soldado in a 4-4-2 formation, with Sandro sitting just in front of both centre halves, I Bo for dembele because I am not convinced yet by eriksen to collect hold and distribute the ball wide from what I have seen,

I would like to see us revert to our 2 centre halves playing deep Sandro just in front giving added protection. Rose and walker overlapping with Lennon and chadli who also must be willing to retreat to defensive positions . Breaks from defensive positions the outlet is Lennon or chadli wide . Soldado to basically wait on the penalty spot and Lamela edge of the box left or right side making diagonal run towards the side of the pitch the ball is coming from , dembele to be edge of the D in offensive position

Sounds easy dosent it LOL.

I bet it would work better than possession consolidation, we have pace on the flanks so use it. No more inverted wingers or solitary strikers no more last line of defence 40 yards from the goal relying on the goalkeeper as a sweeper. The space will be in the middle of the park where strikers can't run into and score 5 or 6 goals against us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Lloris
    Walker Vlad Jan BAE
    Sandro Holtby
    Lennon Dembele Lamella
    Soldado

We'd somehow get progressively worse but sure listen, its my team and I'll pick who I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lloris Walker Kaboul Jan Rose Sandro Paulinho Lennon Townsend Lamela Soldado

Why does nobody like Rose?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Hugo

Walker Kaboul Jan Rose

Dembele Sandro

lennon Eriksen Lamela

Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I see the majority favours the one striker scenario!!!!!!:eek:

Advertisement