Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries around Lusk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Around this area a lot of the same guys deliver leaflets week in week out so know the area. One big problem with them is when they use the letter box they don't push the leaflets in fully but leave half of them hanging out. This is like and come and get me sign. If someone scouts around say at 10am and see's leaflets hanging from your post box and comes back around at 12 and they are still there hanging its like telling them "house empty". they can knock on door get no answer and break in.

Every suspicious person knocking around our neighbourhoods should be reported.I have heard the markings on walls and footpaths signify if a house is occupied or not. Whether this is correct or not Im not sure but have heard this was done in Lusk and houses were robbed.

The other thing we need to do is start taking down car reg numbers we see acting suspiciously and text the number around to a few people in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Join your local Neighbourhood Watch or Community Alert.
    They will give you good advice & support.
    FCC should be able to provide you with you local contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 evase

Hi,
    Are there still problems in Lusk or was that a passing trouble? I will be house viewing there tomorrow but if there are so much trouble going on it might not be a good idéa to buy a house there...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

evase wrote: »
    Hi,
    Are there still problems in Lusk or was that a passing trouble? I will be house viewing there tomorrow but if there are so much trouble going on it might not be a good idéa to buy a house there...

Seems to have passed but like everywhere you will have a few problems with burglaries. PM me if you need to know anything else about Lusk or the area in Lusk you are thinking of buying in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have heard of a few break ins over the last week or two. Broad daylight jobs.

It seems to be moving around where you get a spate of robberies in an area then it dies off and comes back again.

With schools re-opening next week people really need to be on their toes and not be taking a chance of just dropping kids to school and leaving a door open. Also what I notice quite a bit is people leaving keys in front doors and forget to take them out. I see this every day. The keys dont need to be taken as they can take a copy of it and leave the key there.

Community cctv to record vehicle movements. I know it sounds like big brother but it might be a deterant and also slow down the boy racers who are having a field day due to the lack of Gardái on patrol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 evase

Hi,
    Thanks for the information. We have decided against Lusk due to the lack of a nearby train station. The getting to and from work part of the day will take to long to be acceptable for us.
    I did like the houses though so I am a bit sad about the decision but 1,5 hours to get to work it a bit to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Hi,
    Thanks for the information. We have decided against Lusk due to the lack of a nearby train station. The getting to and from work part of the day will take to long to be acceptable for us.
    I did like the houses though so I am a bit sad about the decision but 1,5 hours to get to work it a bit to much.

There is a train station, a ten minute walk from lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Or more accurately:
    micraX wrote: »
    There is a train station, a ten minute walk from some parts of lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Or more accurately:

Well the village of lusk is a ten minute walk. If you live further away from main village it would take longer naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi all,

The Gardai, have posted a load of photo's

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gardasiochana/page1/

of items recovered from criminal gangs

So if you have been unlucky enough to be a victim of a burglary, have a look, you might be lucky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's so sad to see personal items like jewellery that have been stolen. Hopefully they'll find the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Hi,

The 33x is cheaper and faster than the train, and serves the village itself.
    you're more likely to get a seat too.

Advertisement