Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working crazy hours, with no extra pay?

Options
  • 17-12-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Partner got a job in August - he absolutely loves it. Gets on well with his boss and the other staff members. However, since he started, the business has expanded and a lot of work has come in. His contract states 40 hours per week, but at the moment he's doing an average of 60... and still only getting paid for 40. This was brought to the boss by my partner and other staff members, and a timesheet plan was brought in where they had to fill in the hours they worked and give them into the office. The idea was that their working shifts would be altered, giving them extra days off every week out of the hours they were owed. However, things are so busy, and the other two staff members have families and are not quite as competent as my partner (for understandable reasons) and he is not getting any days off. In fact, sometimes he is working extra days, and on one week recently, he was asked to work all seven!!
    One staff member has just handed in notice, making it clear he wants paid for the hours he is owed (my partner is owed roughly 150 hours at this stage to give you an idea) and from the reaction, my partner is concerned that the boss actually can't afford to pay them for these hours.
    He plans to bring it up again after Xmas (he's waiting to see if this staff member actually gets paid for these hours) but he's worried about what he'll get told. He loves his job, and we both really need him to keep it, but it's actually hurting us financially him working extra days (petrol costs and lunch costs since he doesn't get a lunch break and has to buy two lunches on the road to get him through a 16 hour day).
    If he got paid for the hours he is owed, he would get at least €1700, so you can imagine it's a lot to simply let go, never mind how run down he is getting leaving home at 5am and sometimes not getting in until 10pm that night.

What would be the best way for him to tackle his boss over this without sounding too demanding? He seems like a friendly, reasonable bloke who has just bitten off more than he can chew. He's looking at employing more staff after Xmas, and that days off would be given then, but to be honest, I think he should be giving the staff the money, as they are contracted to be paid by the hour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

There's the legal situation, turns on whether or not he's salaried and the fact that he's not legally allowed to work more then 48 hours in an average working week and then there's the real life situation.

Realistically a 60 hour week isn't too far beyond the pale. Your partner really needs to figure out if this is getting him anything (e.g. promotion) or whether it's seasonal and he can approach his boss for some much needed time off over Xmas. Probably some compromise between extra time off, letting some of it go and a payment would be what I'd be aiming for, that is of course if I thought I was getting something out of being so reasonable.

Frankly it sounds like there is a fairly congenial working atmosphere, all he needs to do is approach his boss politely and ask, I might dare to venture you might be having more of a problem with this than he is, I'd let your partner approach it as he sees fit, probably after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Bepolite wrote: »
    There's the legal situation, turns on whether or not he's salaried and the fact that he's not legally allowed to work more then 48 hours in an average working week and then there's the real life situation.

Realistically a 60 hour week isn't too far beyond the pale. Your partner really needs to figure out if this is getting him anything (e.g. promotion) or whether it's seasonal and he can approach his boss for some much needed time off over Xmas.

Frankly it sounds like there is a fairly congenial working atmosphere, all he needs to do is approach his boss politely and ask, I might dare to venture you might be having more of a problem with this than he is, I'd let your partner approach it as he sees fit, probably after Xmas.

I think both myself and my partner are equally concerned, but because the job involves driving and potential security-related risks (don't want to say more in case he is identified), I frequently get worried that he is on the road for such a long time without even a break to eat sandwiches. AFAIK he is supposed to have a tacograph and legally cannot drive for 15 or 16 hours straight. The boss has ignored two instances of this being brought to his attention, and now with one man leaving (he has dropped hints that he will not be working his notice if he doesn't get paid for the hours he is owed) my partner is very worried that he will be expected to work even longer.

Edited to add: He is not allowed any time off over Xmas, and will in fact also be working on Xmas eve. He is being begrudged a day off in January for a very personal hospital-related appointment because it's a busy day of the week. Considering he has not asked for a single day off since he started, and he has worked so hard, it does upset me that we cannot make any plans, not even Xmas shopping ones, without his work affecting it.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I think both myself and my partner are equally concerned, but because the job involves driving and potential security-related risks (don't want to say more in case he is identified), I frequently get worried that he is on the road for such a long time without even a break to eat sandwiches. AFAIK he is supposed to have a tacograph and legally cannot drive for 15 or 16 hours straight. The boss has ignored two instances of this being brought to his attention, and now with one man leaving (he has dropped hints that he will not be working his notice if he doesn't get paid for the hours he is owed) my partner is very worried that he will be expected to work even longer.

Edited to add: He is not allowed any time off over Xmas, and will in fact also be working on Xmas eve. He is being begrudged a day off in January for a very personal hospital-related appointment because it's a busy day of the week. Considering he has not asked for a single day off since he started, and he has worked so hard, it does upset me that we cannot make any plans, not even Xmas shopping ones, without his work affecting it.

Okay fair enough it does sound a bit more serious than your initial post indicated then. A couple of points first. This is a pet crusade of mine though so sorry for that upfront. I don;t have much sympathy with the Xmas time off thing. As the Irish insist on becoming more and more like the yanks we lose Xmas as a family time. The only option is to boycott shops on the 24th and 26th but that will never happen. Rant aside let me offer some advice.

If it's compromising his safety then you need to knock it on the head. Approach the boss and ave a frank discussion, offering a solution. Does he know anyone that could be employed short term? Offer a name of someone that could be drafted in to take on some of the work.

If this fails he simply has to put his foot down. A good manager will push as far as he can and not take it personally when he's told to get lost (if done politely and respectfully). In fact I used to respect people for doing it and know that they could make decisions on their own. Again with the day off in Jan, it's a case of presenting your case. Basically, look all that I've done and you're begrudging me a day off?

There is no way he can work 15 hours driving that's madness. He needs to address that straight away. The only thing I would say is that if he's working 60 hours thats only a 4 day week. You need to make sure you've got this 100% accurate when approaching the guy in charge or it will look more like a rant than a legitimate complaint. That said even 12 hours is pushing it, I'm not sure what the legal limit is but 11 hours is niggling at me.

TL;DR - Approach the boss politely with accurate info offering solutions where you can. No job is worth ending up in a pine box for, if you have to be assertive and refuse to compromise safety.

All the best OP I hope you manage to find an amicable solution.

Okay fair enough it does sound a bit more serious than your initial post indicated then. A couple of points first. This is a pet crusade of mine though so sorry for that upfront. I don;t have much sympathy with the Xmas time off thing. As the Irish insist on becoming more and more like the yanks we lose Xmas as a family time. The only option is to boycott shops on the 24th and 26th but that will never happen. Rant aside let me offer some advice.

If it's compromising his safety then you need to knock it on the head. Approach the boss and ave a frank discussion, offering a solution. Does he know anyone that could be employed short term? Offer a name of someone that could be drafted in to take on some of the work.

If this fails he simply has to put his foot down. A good manager will push as far as he can and not take it personally when he's told to get lost (if done politely and respectfully). In fact I used to respect people for doing it and know that they could make decisions on their own. Again with the day off in Jan, it's a case of presenting your case. Basically, look all that I've done and you're begrudging me a day off?

There is no way he can work 15 hours driving that's madness. He needs to address that straight away. The only thing I would say is that if he's working 60 hours thats only a 4 day week. You need to make sure you've got this 100% accurate when approaching the guy in charge or it will look more like a rant than a legitimate complaint. That said even 12 hours is pushing it, I'm not sure what the legal limit is but 11 hours is niggling at me.

TL;DR - Approach the boss politely with accurate info offering solutions where you can. No job is worth ending up in a pine box for, if you have to be assertive and refuse to compromise safety.

All the best OP I hope you manage to find an amicable solution.

I have no issue with the time off Xmas either, you're totally right there. But the problem is he doesn't get let know in advance if he is going to be working late. Sometimes he gets home at a respectable hour, other times not. I'm averaging at 60 hours because there is the odd day in some weeks over the past 10 weeks where he has gotten home early due to run cancellations etc. But to put in perspective, he worked 15 hours last friday, 6 hours on his day off on Saturday, 14 hours yesterday and has already worked 7.5 hours today, and will not be finished work until at least 6pm, and then has to drive from Dublin back to base, do paperwork, and head back here. Based on the norm, he will work around 15 hours today if traffic goes in his favour. That's 50 hours so far this week (Friday to Thursday) and only one day off last week, which was Sunday. Haven't even taken into account the hours he will work tomorrow and Thursday before getting paid Friday :( (which will probably be another 20-30 hours, so a total of 70-80 hours in one working week)

As for the driving, it really concerns me, but for more than one reason (I'll actually PM you to explain this).

I have no issue with the time off Xmas either, you're totally right there. But the problem is he doesn't get let know in advance if he is going to be working late. Sometimes he gets home at a respectable hour, other times not. I'm averaging at 60 hours because there is the odd day in some weeks over the past 10 weeks where he has gotten home early due to run cancellations etc. But to put in perspective, he worked 15 hours last friday, 6 hours on his day off on Saturday, 14 hours yesterday and has already worked 7.5 hours today, and will not be finished work until at least 6pm, and then has to drive from Dublin back to base, do paperwork, and head back here. Based on the norm, he will work around 15 hours today if traffic goes in his favour. That's 50 hours so far this week (Friday to Thursday) and only one day off last week, which was Sunday. Haven't even taken into account the hours he will work tomorrow and Thursday before getting paid Friday :( (which will probably be another 20-30 hours, so a total of 70-80 hours in one working week)

As for the driving, it really concerns me, but for more than one reason (I'll actually PM you to explain this).

Okay again sorry to sound harsh but you need accurate info. A 70-80 hour week is unacceptable. There's not a huge amount more I can suggest to you in all honesty this needs to be addressed. I would work in excess of 70 hours per week this time of year in the past, but I ran retail outlets, the worst I'd do is let rip at a customer, he can't be driving for that amount of time it's simply unacceptable.

A very drastic step would be to report it but that's really a last resort and really shooting himself and the company in the foot/head.

• Advertisement

Okay again sorry to sound harsh but you need accurate info. A 70-80 hour week is unacceptable. There's not a huge amount more I can suggest to you in all honesty this needs to be addressed. I would work in excess of 70 hours per week this time of year in the past, but I ran retail outlets, the worst I'd do is let rip at a customer, he can't be driving for that amount of time it's simply unacceptable.

A very drastic step would be to report it but that's really a last resort and really shooting himself and the company in the foot/head.

He keeps a second round of timesheets in his car (I'm obviously paranoid, but I told him to keep a second record instead of just the one his boss has access to :o ) so he would know himself exactly how many hours he has worked.

Obviously reporting is the very last straw, as he loves his job, but as you say 70 hours is well over the norm, especially without the corresponding pay and time off. Simple things like putting our car through the VRT was complicated by the fact that he couldn't get a day off to book it. So obviously, more often than not, his two days, or sometimes one day off, is used catching up on important things that I was not able to do for him over the course of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I really don't see the problem. What a very strange post.

Step back, pause, and assess the situation. There is absolutely no problem.

You are working off a factory-line, or public sector, mentality. That thinking is more suited to a time gone by; conceived for a different time, a labour intensive low skilled repetitive task economy even.

Wages based on hourly rates or piece rates are not appropriate for the knowledge economy, or high skilled jobs. Your husband is due no hours. He is just going through a busy time.

myshirt wrote: »

You are working off a factory-line, or public sector, mentality. That thinking is more suited to a time gone by; conceived for a different time, a labour intensive low skilled repetitive task economy even.

Wages based on hourly rates or piece rates are not appropriate for the knowledge economy, or high skilled jobs. Your husband is due no hours. He is just going through a busy time.

So from August through till now he just worked those extra hours out of the goodness of his heart, is that what you are saying?
    Or are people meant to work 60+ hours a week for €300 bucks?

So from August through till now he just worked those extra hours out of the goodness of his heart, is that what you are saying?
    Or are people meant to work 60+ hours a week for €300 bucks?

No. He got paid.

60+ hours for €300 bucks isn't a good deal. But if that's the case, then that's market forces.

He can leave or stay.

But get it off your brain that he is entitled to days off, more money or any of that. Problem solved then. Thread can be closed. A lesson in reality learned.

I mean that with the upmost respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Have to disagree here. He was employed to work 40 hrs per week. Few will complain with a few extra hours, maybe even the odd Saturday. But to do this, and do it continuously, is not on.

Secondly, it seems that our man is driving way beyond permitted driving hours - the boss appears to be gambling with employees safety. This is illegal and highly dangerous.

Thirdly, the boss doesn't seem to be a great communicator - nobody's perfect, but if another employee is about to walk, the the OP is not alone in her concerns.

Finally, the boss appears (?) to be the owner. From what I've read, I have concerns about the business model - doesn't seem like he's making enough to hire more staff or pay overtime.....I'd be a little concerned.

/Quote from myshirt/
    "that he is entitled to days off, more money or any of that. Problem solved then. Thread can be closed."

Why is he not entitled to days off? Most people are entitled to 1-2 days off per week.

Aren't you being a little dismissive by suggesting the thread could be closed? Other people may want to express an opinion which just might add to the conversation.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Possibly pretending hes working 60 hrs actually doing forty and knocking someone off the other 20 ???????????

No. He got paid.

60+ hours for €300 bucks isn't a good deal. But if that's the case, then that's market forces.

He can leave or stay.

But get it off your brain that he is entitled to days off, more money or any of that. Problem solved then. Thread can be closed. A lesson in reality learned.

He gets over 11 euro an hour. Not a set weekly salary regardless. His contract promises this hourly amount for all hours worked. He is not getting it for all hours worked. In fact, some weeks he is lucky to get paid for half of them.
    There is no good deal about it, never mind the fact that that length of time driving is against the law.

Possibly pretending hes working 60 hrs actually doing forty and knocking someone off the other 20 ???????????

Chance would be a fine thing, I'm not concerned about that in the slightest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No. He got paid.

He can leave or stay.

You obviously dont.

Knowledge based economy what are you on about ?

Do you think you wouldnt have to pay a contractor money owed if they did 150 Hours on a project for you? This is the type of crap that fly by nights in this country think they can get away with.

The real world doesnt work like this. There has to be an end goal i.e. Give the OPs parner a raise / promotion / adequate days in lieu or employ another employee to take over some load.

Grinding people into the ground isnt 'knowledge based economy' as you put it. And i work in a highly fast paced IT sector. Your attitude wouldnt fly you'd be out the door for ruining team moral.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I wouldnt reply to myshirt if I were you. He's just trying to wind you up and will not offer any meaningful advice. Don't feed the troll.

He gets over 11 euro an hour. Not a set weekly salary regardless. His contract promises this hourly amount for all hours worked. He is not getting it for all hours worked. In fact, some weeks he is lucky to get paid for half of them.
    There is no good deal about it, never mind the fact that that length of time driving is against the law.

You are totally missing the point.

You really are operating off a platform conceived of in a different time. Realise this - if you are to be meaningfully committed to your job in 2013, you'd nearly go and get the corporate logo tattooed to your forehead.

On the driving - he should take buzz breaks. Just take them. If there is any problem then the employer is obviously a nutcase.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I wouldnt reply to myshirt if I were you. He's just trying to wind you up and will not offer any meaningful advice. Don't feed the troll.

I am not trolling. I am fully sincere in what I am saying, I have a genuine interest in this issue.

The world has changed. You gotta work harder, longer, and for less pay. It is imperative.
    Look at this country's history and where it got us sustaining this model of remuneration conceived of in, and designed for a different age.

blindsider wrote: »

Why is he not entitled to days off? Most people are entitled to 1-2 days off per week.

Aren't you being a little dismissive by suggesting the thread could be closed? Other people may want to express an opinion which just might add to the conversation.....

No, no, I agree. 100%. The more opinions the better.

On the days off, I'm not sure on the legal position, but you would expect one in seven off at least. But this meticulous calculation and monetising of the extra-time is overkill.

Surely however employers like this are never going to last long? Ireland isn't this bad is it?
    Is it more the employee being a pushover and acceding to it? 7 day weeks every week are never going to be justifiable, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

By law the maximum average (over 4/6 months) working week is 48 hours. If the average goes above this over that period then this is in breach of the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1997. This means even if your husband wants to work over the 48 hours a week average he is not allowed to and it is actually the responsibility of the employer to ensure it is enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Do you mean to say that he's working 12 hours a day, and not even being offered a lunch break? Sorry, that's an absolute disgrace if true in itself.

The world has changed. You gotta work harder, longer, and for less pay. It is imperative.
    Find this quite ironic considering it is in fact the way the world used to be, humans worked like machines, day and night, little to no rights... if it were a case that he was asked to do a few extra hours now and then, it would be a different story, but the employer is making them work 12 hours a day, which is 4 hours over their contractual obligations. They're only being paid for 8 if I've understood correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

working 70 hours plus a week with at a desk job , low effort is one thing, Working 70 hours plus a week with DRIVING is not acceptable under any circumstance as it is putting peoples lives at risk and thats why there are very stringent laws covering it.

When he ends up in an accident due to exhaustion, he will be prosecuted and his employer will wash his hands of him and can say he only works 40 hours a week if you cant prove otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

No. He got paid.

He can leave or stay.

That's possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on Boards. Who are you, Mr. IBEC?

I frequently work more than an 8 hour day when it's needed, mostly on the clients request. However, the client then gets billed for that by the company. Are you saying that I shouldn't be compensated for that? I'm sorry, but this isn't amateur hour. I'm a professional and I get paid for my work. That includes travel time beyond my regular commute. I don't count the minutes, rather the hours.

I'm not keen on overtime. Time off suits me better as the government doesn't tax that. This Christmas I'll be taking three weeks off.

He doesnt get a lunch break due to the line of work. He makes sandwiches and eats them at traffic lights, thats how bad it is. This is not an Xmas related rush, its been ongoing sincr September.
    Hes agreed to mention it after Xmas due to me being pregnant and him obviously needing reliable hours closer to those he is contracted to work.
    I just hope there isnt trouble over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

I'd speak to the boss about it. If any progress is made, try and be specific about what is going to change and more importantly when. If the "when" is passed and nothing has changed, then it's time to update the CV, go job hunting again and eventually move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

You mention tachograph in one of your earlier posts Shashabear, is your husband a truck driver by any chance? If so he is supposed to take a 45 minute break after 4 hours of driving and must have minimum 9 hours of rest on his tachograph.

You mention tachograph in one of your earlier posts Shashabear, is your husband a truck driver by any chance? If so he is supposed to take a 45 minute break after 4 hours of driving and must have minimum 9 hours of rest on his tachograph.

He needs his c1 licence to work, but his profession is not a truck driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Partner got a job in August - he absolutely loves it. Gets on well with his boss and the other staff members. However, since he started, the business has expanded and a lot of work has come in. His contract states 40 hours per week, but at the moment he's doing an average of 60... and still only getting paid for 40. This was brought to the boss by my partner and other staff members, and a timesheet plan was brought in where they had to fill in the hours they worked and give them into the office. The idea was that their working shifts would be altered, giving them extra days off every week out of the hours they were owed. However, things are so busy, and the other two staff members have families and are not quite as competent as my partner (for understandable reasons) and he is not getting any days off. In fact, sometimes he is working extra days, and on one week recently, he was asked to work all seven!!
    One staff member has just handed in notice, making it clear he wants paid for the hours he is owed (my partner is owed roughly 150 hours at this stage to give you an idea) and from the reaction, my partner is concerned that the boss actually can't afford to pay them for these hours.
    He plans to bring it up again after Xmas (he's waiting to see if this staff member actually gets paid for these hours) but he's worried about what he'll get told. He loves his job, and we both really need him to keep it, but it's actually hurting us financially him working extra days (petrol costs and lunch costs since he doesn't get a lunch break and has to buy two lunches on the road to get him through a 16 hour day).
    If he got paid for the hours he is owed, he would get at least €1700, so you can imagine it's a lot to simply let go, never mind how run down he is getting leaving home at 5am and sometimes not getting in until 10pm that night.

What would be the best way for him to tackle his boss over this without sounding too demanding? He seems like a friendly, reasonable bloke who has just bitten off more than he can chew. He's looking at employing more staff after Xmas, and that days off would be given then, but to be honest, I think he should be giving the staff the money, as they are contracted to be paid by the hour.

Hiya SSB,

I don't really want to get drawn into this discussion (too much) but I just wanted to give you my thoughts on what I've picked up of some of the highlighted bits above.

To me, from what you've read your hubby is being worked hard, possibly even quite hard.

However, I think you need to take a different tack to this. From what you've said above your hubby is well on his way (if not already there) to being the bossmans right hand and it sure sounds like your hubby is being instrumental in allowing the business to expand. Small businesses expanding can be rough times but can also pay off in the end. If this business is doing very well next year and your hubby is still there he'd be in a prime position to profit from this as well.....but he needs to start working on it now.

If I were him I'd have a chat with the boss, see how the finances are and see what can be done. I definitely wouldn't mention anything along the lines of 'I'm owed 150 (or however many) hours but there's no harm in 'ah c'mon here bossman, I've been busting my balls for ya and it's Christmas time, surely you can do something?'. Mentioning hours makes him look inflexible and (to me) would reflect negatively. But saying that flexibility works both ways (subtly) is perfectly okay. Even something like getting a few (50/100) quid a week towards expenses/lunch etc.

Essentially what I would be talking to the boss about is 'it's hard times now but what will you do for me in the long run'. If there's nothing in the long run then it's not worth it, but be careful labelling an opportunity as hardship before you know it's really not an opportunity.
    Hes agreed to mention it after Xmas due to me being pregnant a

Many congratulations!!! Hope all is going well!!!

wexie wrote: »
    Hiya SSB,

I don't really want to get drawn into this discussion (too much) but I just wanted to give you my thoughts on what I've picked up of some of the highlighted bits above.

To me, from what you've read your hubby is being worked hard, possibly even quite hard.

However, I think you need to take a different tack to this. From what you've said above your hubby is well on his way (if not already there) to being the bossmans right hand and it sure sounds like your hubby is being instrumental in allowing the business to expand. Small businesses expanding can be rough times but can also pay off in the end. If this business is doing very well next year and your hubby is still there he'd be in a prime position to profit from this as well.....but he needs to start working on it now.

If I were him I'd have a chat with the boss, see how the finances are and see what can be done. I definitely wouldn't mention anything along the lines of 'I'm owed 150 (or however many) hours but there's no harm in 'ah c'mon here bossman, I've been busting my balls for ya and it's Christmas time, surely you can do something?'. Mentioning hours makes him look inflexible and (to me) would reflect negatively. But saying that flexibility works both ways (subtly) is perfectly okay. Even something like getting a few (50/100) quid a week towards expenses/lunch etc.

Essentially what I would be talking to the boss about is 'it's hard times now but what will you do for me in the long run'. If there's nothing in the long run then it's not worth it, but be careful labelling an opportunity as hardship before you know it's really not an opportunity.

Many congratulations!!! Hope all is going well!!!

Oh you are totally right, I dont want him to go whinging. I just dont want him thinking he is working towards something big only to find out hes been taken for a mug desperate not to end up back on the dole. I imagine if he was firm but polite the bossman would get that he is concerned. And obviously as I get further along and then have the baby, he cant be working hours like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Oh you are totally right, I dont want him to go whinging. I just dont want him thinking he is working towards something big only to find out hes been taken for a mug desperate not to end up back on the dole

Yeah he really needs to find out where bossman sees this going longterm.
    I imagine if he was firm but polite the bossman would get that he is concerned. And obviously as I get further along and then have the baby, he cant be working hours like that.

Eh no he can't, think he's tired driving now?

(tip from personal experience : keep emergency cans of redbull in the dashboard and pull over and get out of the car while you're having them, can't even tell you how many times I could have sworn I wasn't driving unsafely yet couldn't remember exactly how I got home :()

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    Yeah he really needs to find out where bossman sees this going longterm.

Eh no he can't, think he's tired driving now?

(tip from personal experience : keep emergency cans of redbull in the dashboard and pull over and get out of the car while you're having them, can't even tell you how many times I could have sworn I wasn't driving unsafely yet couldn't remember exactly how I got home :()

Thats what im worried about, him taking a nose dive in an armored truck with two tonnes of banking coins in the back when he falls asleep doing 100 on the motorway after 15 hours of driving on 5 hours sleep :(
    Hopefully the boss sees sense after Christmas, and gets some more drivers.

Advertisement