Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left money in atm

Options
  • 17-12-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I walked away from an Ulster Bank atm without taking my 150 euro cash on Sat 7th December, but I am a BOI customer.  I contacted banking 365 and was told if the money wasnt back in the account over the next couple of days to contact them again.  I rang the following Tuesday and the Agent told me he would put in a request for an atm balancing statement.  He took my number and said someone would contact me in a couple of days. I rang again last Friday and I was told that it was showing on my account as still processing.  Can you tell me how long this normally takes to resolve? I realise it was my stupid error, but would like to know if there is still a chance of it being refunded, or just be informed that it won't be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi lilythepink,

Thanks for your post.

Apologies for the conflicting information you have received. When we raise an ATM query with another Irish bank, it can take up to fifteen working days to be resolved. As soon as a response is received from Ulster Bank, the representative who originally raised the query will contact you with the outcome. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lilythepink

Hi lilythepink,

Thanks for your post.

Apologies for the conflicting information you have received. When we raise an ATM query with another Irish bank, it can take up to fifteen working days to be resolved. As soon as a response is received from Ulster Bank, the representative who originally raised the query will contact you with the outcome. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks for the information.  Won't give up hope just yet!

Hi Tara,

Still haven't heard anything from Bank of Ireland, any ideas what I should do next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi lilythepink,

For enquires regarding this ATM query, please contact our Bank of Ireland 365 team on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to look into this further for you and supply you with an update.

I hope this issue is resolved for you shortly, if we can assist you with anything else please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Just in case this happens anyone and they're interested to know the outcome, I'm afraid it wasn't refunded.  Lesson learned!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi lilythepink,

We're sorry to hear your ATM query was rejected. It is possible for you to request that this decision is appealed with the other bank. Your branch or BOI365 would be more than happy to arrange this for you.

Hope this helps
    Tara 

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Where did lilythepink 150e end up!!It seems the banks were not very helpful in locating it & transferring it back to the unfortunate customer!!What was their final answer as to where the 150e is? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Hillbloom, 

Thanks for your post. 

Tara advised lilythepink that it is possible to contact BOI365 or indeed his/her BOI branch and a representative will appeal the initial decision with the other bank. Hopefully the decision will be overturned.  

Thanks

Billy

Hi Hillbloom, 

Thanks for your post. 

Tara advised lilythepink that it is possible to contact BOI365 or indeed his/her BOI branch and a representative will appeal the initial decision with the other bank. Hopefully the decision will be overturned.  

Thanks

Billy
    After a lot of misleading information and calls unreturned from BOI365 a team leader looked into the matter and was very helpful.  The decision was appealed and still not refunded, without Ulster Bank giving any reason, so I was told it must be assumed that someone took the money from the ATM.  At that stage about 8 weeks had passed, so I couldnt try to get access to CCTV.  It was my own error, but a very frustrating process!!

Advertisement