Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using Splunk in their organisation?

Options
  • 17-12-2013 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Doing a bit of research on this program for my employer and looking to see if there are any users of the program among us and if they can share their experience or any issues they've had it:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Nope, sounds like management software for sperm banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭theedude27

Nope, sounds like management software for sperm banks.

LOL I know its an awful name that makes me cringe but its pretty well known within the software industry and costs a bloody bomb too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

We just started using it recently, its very handy for discovering things about your infrastructure that maybe you werent aware of, however it can only do things based on what you are logging. Its not going to absolve you of logging relevant, pertinent info within your apps.

Once you have this in place however, its pretty powerful to slice and dice your stats, create reports and even dashboards that can be used for monitoring.

Its probably expensive for a small company, but at the enterprise level its not too bad, and saves you having to roll your own solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭theedude27

Hi Greebo. Nice to see a positive response from someone regarding Splunk software. I posted the question below on the Splunk answers page but I've got no replies so far. Could you shed any light on this?:)

Can anyone tell me which IS related error and fault codes from AD logs (e.g. Event ID XXX) should be included in Splunk event searches?

Advertisement