Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Food Business Health and Safety Issues

Options
  • 17-12-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi, I'm this has been discussed before, but does anyone know the general health and safety requirements for setting up a small home food business. For example my kitchen is old but clean, however it has formica worktops (would these need replaced). I have only one sink in the kitchen, but another in the adjoining utility, would this work? Any info on inspections and expectations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

this might get you started http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72043780, you will find plenty of other info by searching home kitchen on the home page seaarch box of this forum, top right of page!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

this might get you started http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72043780, you will find plenty of other info by searching home kitchen on the home page seaarch box of this forum, top right of page!

Thank for that Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

What do you want to produce and what market do you want to sell your product to? Cheers Oliver

What do you want to produce and what market do you want to sell your product to? Cheers Oliver

Sorry for getting back to you so late Oliver and thanks for the reply. I'm looking at confectionerry, the product will contain eggs, so I'm not sure of the restrictions regarding storage and refridgeration in a home enviornment. I'm hoping to sell on line, but initially will try farmers markets and local health food stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Sorry for getting back to you so late Oliver and thanks for the reply. I'm looking at confectionerry, the product will contain eggs, so I'm not sure of the restrictions regarding storage and refridgeration in a home enviornment. I'm hoping to sell on line, but initially will try farmers markets and local health food stores.

PM sent

• Advertisement

PM sent

Thanks Oliver, you really know this area.

Advertisement