Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OH's extra long working hours

Options
  • 17-12-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My OH works in a sector where normal work practices don't seem to apply and where long working hours are the norm. However I really think it's going too far now as she will be working straight through from 8th Dec to 31st Dec without having any day off (that's including working Christmas day and weekends). Surely this can't be legal? The staff have long since given up bringing up any issues with their boss as they are met with a very unfavourable reaction. Is there anywhere else that a complaint can be made about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

NERA?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

worriedOH wrote: »
    My OH works in a sector where normal work practices don't seem to apply and where long working hours are the norm. However I really think it's going too far now as she will be working straight through from 8th Dec to 31st Dec without having any day off (that's including working Christmas day and weekends).
    What sector? In some sectors, once it averages out, it can be legal, however 23 days straight sounds very suspicious. Is your OH able to work here legally? I ask as the boss seems to have an unfair hold over your OH, that they're obviously exploiting, at your OH's loss.

I'm guessing this is either the pub or fast-food trade?

Advertisement