Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Ow fiddlechic, the jealousy, it bites.

More pasta for me. This time with a chili & tomato sauce, chickpeas, chicken, a little smoked cheese and some baby leaves. (this pan is 2 meals worth, didn't sit down and eat a 16in round of dinner!)

9B2E8B70-59CF-46B4-89F8-DC46966E3BF6_zpsiyrme5vw.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tried the Lidl recipe of the week tonight, duck breast with pineapple, red peppers, and spring onions (I'd no bean sprouts or mung beans) and a fairly rich dressing of soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and oil.

Was dead chuffed with how it turned out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

A sort of mexican version of Jambalaya, very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A slightly better class of a solo meal last night.
    Seared fillet steak with teriyaki(ish) sauce. Stirfried pak choi type greens from the garden, Thai white rice.

7ZAnk2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Mother and daughter, aka chicken and egg, aka oyakodon-dori (I think)

WP_004978_zps22695061.jpg

it was late on Sunday, bit dark, needed the flash. Leftovers yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

What a name^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just demolished one of the nicest bakes potatoes ever. It was MASSIVE! Rubbed it wih garlic infused olive oil, wrapped it in tin foil and left it in the oven for nearly 2 and a 1/2 hours, had one side stuffed with edam and the other dripping in butter. It's the simple pleasures :D (I was so over excited I forgot to takev a picture to demonstrate just how gigantic this spud was)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Garlic Roasted potatoes, steamed turnip and Quinoa burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I had a brown dinner.

(Brown dinner to me is one where you find various chippy/nuggetty foods in the freezer and then cook and eat them, mostly with bbq sauce.) It's a collection of unidentifiable brown lumps on a plate; unwholesome and delicious.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Bag of crisps for sharing. Didn't share. Reese peanut chocolate bar. Wish I'd bought another one. 2 cans of coke. Full fat. Getting married next week. Can't stop eating. Final dress fitting tomorrow. Help!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sushi, just basic rolls with Smoked salmon,Avocado,Cucumber,Carrot, Pickled ginger and Smoked mackerel in various combinations.
    Wasabi and Furikaki and Kikkoman as the condiments.
    500g of rice and 10 sheets of Nori.
    Did tonight and the kids lunch for tomorrow.
    Really easy dinner IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

maryfred wrote: »
    Bag of crisps for sharing. Didn't share. Reese peanut chocolate bar. Wish I'd bought another one. 2 cans of coke. Full fat. Getting married next week. Can't stop eating. Final dress fitting tomorrow. Help!!

Suck in the gut for a couple of hours, be graaaaannd.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Back of the dress open and just keep your coat on all day Maryfred?

I had a wild boar & mushroom burger from the butcher's counter in Fallon & Byrne today with some tarragon mustard. Much tastiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Finely sliced strips of steak marinated in lime juice, then stir fried with chilli, ginger, Chinese greens & scallions. Finished with oyster sauce, soy sauce, more lime juice & torn basil leaves.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I had more of last nights duck, it was just delicious, I was surprised it lasted well today :)

OH got the benefit of my butchers special on striploin steak, and had a fairly large steak, with caramelised red onions, parboiled/fried potatoes, and tomato :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I had boring soup made from contents of fridge last night - bunch of celery, 2 massive onions, 5 carrots and a stock cube with some cumin and coriander. I debated adding a tin of tomatoes and handful of lentils, both of which were in the press, but didn't. And regret it!

Tonight I had a last minute invite for dinner, so went to Pacinos in Suffolk St - hadn't been for years, but gosh, have they improved things! Quite the "authentic" Italian. A delicious bresoala and a massive pepperoni / goats cheese / toonsbridge mozarrella / carmelised red onions / parmesan pizza.

'Twill be most boring soup in the world tomorrow night again though. :-(

fiddlechic wrote: »

Tonight I had a last minute invite for dinner, so went to Pacinos in Suffolk St - hadn't been for years, but gosh, have they improved things! Quite the "authentic" Italian. A delicious bresoala and a massive pepperoni / goats cheese / toonsbridge mozarrella / carmelised red onions / parmesan pizza.

Gosh I remember them in years gone by, that's good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Stheno wrote: »
    Gosh I remember them in years gone by, that's good news!

That was 18 quid, and a 7 quid for a glass of a very nice montepulciano. Not the best Italian in Dublin by any means, but they're really doing quite great.

fiddlechic wrote: »
    That was 18 quid, and a 7 quid for a glass of a very nice montepulciano. Not the best Italian in Dublin by any means, but they're really doing quite great.

That sounds like a goer after a day out in the city centre.

For our first "real" date, the OH and I went to a small italian up the road from the Westbury, we still go back every time we get the chance, more sentiment than great food!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Spaghetti with basil, spinach, marscapone and Parmesan. Ready in 20 mins, perfect mid-week dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Autumn's here and made a big pot of delicious soup last night! Not giving up on summer just yet I also made a couscous salad which was my first time and it was very good. Made chicken kievs* too with asparagus.

* Not really sure if these are actaully chicken kievs - dip chicken fillets in beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs and fry in a pan. pour over cooked garlic swimming in butter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

After a very lacklustre Asian dish from Ramen Street food, in cork we were both craving some Asian food packed with flavour, so I did a chicken stirfry which wasn't great to look at but really delivered on flavour.

Chicken thigh meat, onion, celery, spring onion white bits, ginger, garlic, red chillies, a green veg that we have in the garden - kinda similar to pak choi, soy sauce, chicken stock, rice wine. Finished with chopped mint, coriander and spring onion greens. Served with egg noodles tossed with a little sesame oil.

Hi beer,

That looks fabulous! Would you mind posting the steps for this - particularly regarding the chicken stock and rice wine.

Thanks in advance!

Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Steak with left over risotto that i made into patties that fell apart. Still managed to crisp them up a bit though! Surprisingly tasty, i've never really enjoyed leftover risotto before. And some salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Pissaladiere. Always tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Tonight I decided to try homemade battered cod (BBC Good Food Recipe) with Jamie Oliver's rosemary new potatoes (with garlic), and peas to redeem myself :o

The cod was delicious! The batter was a bit thin but really crispy. My potatoes could have used more time in the oven but overall I was very pleased with myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I made a 3 egg omelette, some milk, salt & pepper, mushrooms/red onion/peppers/grated cheese/slice of ham

No picture as I couldn't get it out of the pan in one piece and I was too hungry! Tasted quite nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Tonight I decided to try homemade battered cod (BBC Good Food Recipe) with Jamie Oliver's rosemary new potatoes (with garlic), and peas to redeem myself :oQUOTE]

That looks so tasty - I'm waiting "impatiently" for my dinner to cook after a gym class - starving! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just to reassure you all that I haven't totally crossed to the dark side, here's my dinner from last night. Two day marinated buttermilk fried chicken, Cajun honey butter drizzle, mash & beans:

Nb4LgXSl.jpg

I didn't cook it, to be transparent, I got it at the great restaurant/bar down the road. I don't normally care for beans, but these were outstanding! Really crunchy and flavourful. The mash was waterier than I'd make it, and the sauce was a little sweet, but overall it was a gorgeous meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Nothing in the house except breakfast food.

Didn't fancy porridge so had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

Mmm mmmm :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

maryfred wrote: »

The dress fitted (just)! So I had McDonalds to celebrate. I am officially a lost cause!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement