Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Musefan wrote: »
    Bit if a cheat's chilli! It's for cheaters as I made up the recipe myself and it takes minimal effort for a fairly good result :)

Jaysus, I just had my dinner and I'm getting the munchies from merely looking at that photo! looks lovely.

I had a family do to go to last night so I made a giant carrot cake, recipe from the back of an Odlums packet.

Also made this.
    http://www.farmfreshtoyou.com/recipes/index/view/?id=3465

my second attempt. Will make it one more time to perfect it. I arrived late and everyone had more or less eaten so I was the only taker.

anyway, that was it. Horrendous crick in my neck all day, simply fried up a chicken kiev. And an egg! Not in the mood for making much of an effort...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Loire wrote: »
    Only kidding :pac:

I knew you were - I was using it as an opportunity to lure in the lurkers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was mince, carrots, onions, mushrooms (basically a bolognese type sauce) with wholewheat spaghetti.

I wasn't in the mood for it as I am coming down a flu or cold or something. Tea and chocolate is all I am in the mood for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

On Dizzyblonde's point - if anyone was ever mooching around in here and worried their dinner wouldn't come up to scratch my dinner tonight has

a) Microwaveable brown rice
    b) Old el Paso fajita seasoning

in it! Your dinner could not be lazier than mine.

Tonight was chicken, chickpeas, red onion & green pepper roasted in the aforementioned fajita seasoning & a chipotle then mixed with brown rice, spinach, diced tomatoes, coriander & lime juice. 2 dinners and a lunch from it :)

3B2A7F11-1B1B-4D0C-93E2-1EFD3124CBF9_zpsfzmxktwx.jpg

D13CA2C1-1E14-4E3C-820C-D28C55773BF6_zpsoqzzka2r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Speaking of fine dining..............Sausage, egg and chips (of sorts). :)

D42DE549-F304-4D12-8DF1-DA840BB750BF_zpslieou1ri.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Oh MissFlitworth that looks scrummy and healthy!

I had a rather strange pheasant stir fry and rice:pac:

Pheasant you say? Fancy! Did you bag him yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Pheasant you say? Fancy! Did you bag him yourself?

Lawd no, all our lands are preserved. We have a few around that eat spilled cattle feed but they're more pets than anything else:o
    A bought one, but no one else eats in in this house so all mine, all miney mine mine:D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

One of those meals that looks a bit of a fright, but was delicious:

lemon-chicken-pasta.jpg

Pan-fried chicken thighs with artichoke hearts and mushrooms in a lemon butter sauce and conchiglie pasta.

The butter sauce was flawless right up until I stirred it in with the pasta and the rest of it, then the damn thing split. It was still lovely, mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Spinach and cottage cheese cannelloni from the Cooking Club tonight. Baked in a tomato sauce with a covering of béchamel, topped with sunflower seeds for crunch and a small bit of parmesan.

That's a sugar-free, meat-free day completed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Spicy tomatoey cuttlefish stew. Yum, and there's enough for today's lunch and to freeze a couple of portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Had to be quick cause I came home from a swim and was absolutely starving.
    So it was a simple broccoli and potato cheesy bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Minder's Beef Rendang (slightly adapted). Balinese rice*. Wilted greens** from the garden. Lime and coriander.

7QRV6S.jpg

*Brought back a Kg of organic traditional Balinese rice. It is quite different to Thai rice with a shorter grain and different flavour. Delicious.

**We now think these are Chinese leaves but reckon that commercially produced Chinese leaves probably are enclosed to exclude light and form a white, dense, cylindrical head. Ours are loose and green and much more flavoursome - more like pak choi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Came home tonight to a spotless apartment and this. A turkey mince sweet potato shepherd's pie with feta and brie and loads of mixed beans. Happy as a clam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

home made pasta sauce made with slow roasted garlic, chilli and plum tomatoes with pasta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Mr Tilly was out to impress again tonight with fillet steak, Asian veg and dan dan noodles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Made a huge ratatouille with aubergines, tomato, onion, garlic, celery, peppers, courgette and oregano. Had it with hake and potatoes tonight and will have round 2 with butter beans for tomorrow's lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Back cooking for one tonight. :(
    Did a sort of Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.
    Awesome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Back cooking for one tonight. :(
    Did a sort of Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.
    Awesome! :)

Oh yum! Inspiration for tomorrow's dinner with the beef strips in the fridge :)

Tonight it was summer-in-winter chicken which was posted here before. So yum!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It was so sunny in the back garden we barbecued and ate outdoors:)
    Marinated chicken fillets with potato salad and other salad-y stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Pic is not up to much but had crushed boiled potatoes topped with bacon lardons, yellow pepper and scallion with cheese, rocket and toasted pine nuts. Delicious and all cooked in under 30mins! Score!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Went to 777 for dinner tonight. Tortilla chips and guacamole to start, followed by steak and pork tacos, and cheese & jalapeño empanadas. Herself had the tacos and a spicy ham hock salad. So stuffed after it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Beer butt chicken rubbed with a bbq rub served with aldis Mediterranean wraps and coleslaw yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Quiche Lorraine. I need to up my game with my pastry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Tilly wrote: »
    Mr Tilly was out to impress again tonight with fillet steak, Asian veg and dan dan noodles :)

Looks very Jamie Oliver style :) ...and delicious !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night was a McColgans cottage pie and then a while later, three grilled rashers.

I am dying with a cold and had zero interest in cooking. I also haven't done any shopping, so hadn't much in to cook with anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I tried a recipe for miso-glazed salmon fillets and had it with spicy vegetable noodles. The noodles were ok, but a little bland for my taste, but the salmon was seriously delicious, I'll definitely be adding into the rotation :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Came home tonight to a spotless apartment and this. A turkey mince sweet potato shepherd's pie with feta and brie and loads of mixed beans. Happy as a clam!

Can I have the number for your cleaner, and the recipe for that dish please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Had our first stew of the Autumn last night. I also put mashed potatoes in a Pyrex dish, put cheese on top and cooked in the oven for 15 mins (no idea what it's called).

It was really nice and we had a decent Beaujolais with it.

As much as I like the summer weather-wise, I love the arrival of Autumn where more and more dinners come out of an oven!

Loire.

• Advertisement

Loire wrote: »
    no idea what it's called.

Heaven?

Last night it was chili made for me by the hands of my fair sister. Didn't even have to wash a pot after, it was the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement