Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Pea and prawn risotto. Twas yum. The OH is on a cooking roll at the moment. There are some chicken thighs marinating as we speak for tomorrow nights jerk chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Beef stroganoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Interesting if not very healthy starter last night:

Animal fat two ways.:eek:
    Crispy pork crackling and roast beef marrow on toasted sourdough with seasalt.

Had leftover rabbit casserole, leeks and green beans for main.

5uLcvf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Jesus beer revolu, I think I just drooled all over the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Pulled pork on ciabatta with stir-fried curly kale and a couscous salad.

Put too much of a very hot chilli into the kale and we were all gasping for air!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Kids were both on playdates this afternoon, so Daddy went fishing! :)

One that didn't get away - a small sea bass.......

6B0A7ADB-AC45-42C8-8738-467E91B61B4F_zpselzcrxce.jpg

An hour later stuffed with leeks, lemon and a few sprigs of rosemary......

B7740ED4-7AFE-4524-A859-302671D96551_zpsyxm1f19p.jpg

And finally. Mrs Gloomster's dinner......

9435F13D-9FAA-4012-94C9-7CA0B9430FF9_zpsnfyyacpg.jpg

The hunter is home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

^^^^
    Amazing. Where did you catch him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Bassfish wrote: »
    ^^^^

You're next! Swim away, my friend, swim away.

It's Tom Yum instant noodles for me tonight. No one was bothered with dinner after afternoon snacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

After nearly a fortnight of work travel: boring hotel dinners, posher-but-still-boring-fixed-menu restaurant dinners, I was delighted to be home and have some real food.
    Tonight a massive goats cheese salad: a head of lettuce, 3 tomatoes, third of cucumber, a few scallions, handful of walnuts, 3 rashers and half a log of Aldi's herb and garlic goats cheese. Dressed with lemon and mustard.
    It was so good.

[IMG][/img]2014-09-17184733.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Interesting if not very healthy starter last night:

Animal fat two ways.:eek:
    Crispy pork crackling and roast beef marrow on toasted sourdough with seasalt.

Had leftover rabbit casserole, leeks and green beans for main.

Wow, that looks amazing.
    Must have been a pain to clean up after the spattering fat
    [my jealously at your fabulous meal rears its begrudging head]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bassfish wrote: »
    ^^^^

Dollymount. Your username is making me nervous, I hope you're not thinking of revenge! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Forgot to post on here the other day. Went to fifteen in London the other night. Really was fantastic. Had chargrilled pork chop with a kind of mustard puree thing (technical term for it), potatoes two ways with spinach and crispy kale.

It was without a doubt, the best piece of pork I have ever eaten.

To follow, I had a dish called textures of chocolate. It was a type of crispy chocolate biscuit, chocolate jelly, a chocolate ice cream and crumbled cocoa beans. Incredibly rich, but the perfect sized portion. A nice balance of bitter and sweet.

Its not a cheap restaurant, but if you're in London I'd recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Chili beef with noodles from the cooking club which had become a firm favourite in our house!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I'm delurking! Tonight, we had vegetarian chili from the slow cooker. First time trying the recipe and it was really tasty. So nice to arrive home to dinner smells. :) Not in the same league as the Cooking Club Chili, but pretty good considering everything was just chucked into the pot!

Served with rice and sour cream (and grated cheese!).

322567.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

biddywiddy wrote: »
    I'm delurking! Tonight, we had vegetarian chili from the slow cooker. First time trying the recipe and it was really tasty. So nice to arrive home to dinner smells. :) Not in the same league as the Cooking Club Chili, but pretty good considering everything was just chucked into the pot!

Served with rice and sour cream (and grated cheese!).

Mmmmm - recipe, please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Forgot to post on here the other day. Went to fifteen in London the other night. Really was fantastic. Had chargrilled pork chop with a kind of mustard puree thing (technical term for it), potatoes two ways with spinach and crispy kale.

It was without a doubt, the best piece of pork I have ever eaten.

To follow, I had a dish called textures of chocolate. It was a type of crispy chocolate biscuit, chocolate jelly, a chocolate ice cream and crumbled cocoa beans. Incredibly rich, but the perfect sized portion. A nice balance of bitter and sweet.

Its not a cheap restaurant, but if you're in London I'd recommend it!

Will be in London next week, and we're going to Fifteen for lunch, I can't wait. Reading your review has made me even more excited!

Mediterranean stuffed peppers. Very easy but very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

IMAG0218_zps4hrehg0z.jpg

Chili, Wedges, Sour Cream & Guacamole.... Best comfort food ever!

Dollymount. Your username is making me nervous, I hope you're not thinking of revenge! ;)

Ya my cousin the marlin is coming for ya ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we're having roast chicken, carrots, broccoli, spuds, peas and gravy.

• Advertisement

Chilli beef nachos with jalapeños, fried corn, red onion, salsa, melted cheese and sour cream for the feckin win boy! I shall have to be rolled to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Spiced Shepherds Pie topped with a mash of sweet and regular potatoes. Served with garden peas. So so tasty.

2014-09-18%2019.39.57_zpswp1aogwx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Stew made with shin of beef. I let it tip away for 5 hours on the hob & was rewarded with meat-melting stewy goodness, & clean plates all round. Happy days!

Stew made with shin of beef. I let it tip away for 5 hours on the hob & was rewarded with meat-melting stewy goodness, & clean plates all round. Happy days!

Shin beef is unreal, makes me look forward to winter. Nice blob of horseradish on top, yum!

Drunken pork from the cooking club, it was simple and lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast shellfish with lashings of garlic butter, parsley, chilli and lemon rind. Roast corn on the cob, cheese board, sourdough and fresh figs. Cooked the shellfish on the Q over 300c, cooked in a few minutes, aroma was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

First post on the cooking forum :)

T3BTo5Ql.jpg

Moroccan Lamb Chops (just lamb chops marinated in harissa paste), honey roast carrots & lovely roast potatoes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Goolay wrote: »
    First post on the cooking forum :)

Moroccan Lamb Chops (just lamb chops marinated in harissa paste), honey roast carrots & lovely roast potatoes

Welcome :)

Your roast potatoes look amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

+1 I have potato jealousy pains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Welcome :)

They were lovely! Just followed this recipe to the letter:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4967/golden-roast-potatoes

I was looking at the BBC site for ideas and saw the above and got instant roast potato cravings. Everything else on the plate was from the site too :)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3497/honeyroast-carrots

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1923/spicy-moroccan-chops

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement